2009 Ford F-150 Consumer Review: FX-4 ROCKS!!!

2009 Ford F-150 - Consumer Review

FX4 SuperCrew (5.4L V8 FFV 4x4 6-speed Automatic 6.6 ft. Bed)

FX-4 ROCKS!!!
By j.m. on

2009 Ford F-150 FX4 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

I keep writing reports because everyone must know how great Ford Trucks are. I just sold my 05 FX-4 with 92,000 for $15,000 and that truck was great. Not one single problem! I have had this 09 since late October, and between horse trailering and work, I have accumulated 17,600 miles. Friend and I did 2800 mile roadtrip from NJ to FL in Feb. and I ave. 19.1 mpg doing 75 with ac on and that includes the Orlando and Miami Beach traffic ( and I have the biggest combo Supercrew 4x4 with 6.5 ft bed and 3.73 rear and 5.4) The ride and handling are great. I pulled a car trailer loaded with 69 Torino and 73 Suburban at the same time for 80 miles, no problem. This is simply the best truck on the road!

Favorite Features

TOWING ABILITY ( I need a good tow vehicle and I got it) SONY, SYNC, NAVI, SEATS, ELECT. DIFF, RIDE, HANDLING, BRAKES, SPRAY IN BEDLINER, So many nice features that my 08 BMW 5 driving friend copliments the interior. Rear view cam is great for trailer hooking. Oh, the best one, the Blue Ovals ;-)

Suggested Improvements

I see what ya'll mean by those headrests. And still I long for telescopic wheel, tho I have long arms so it aint too bad, power pedals help. The constant "sir, your fuel cap is missing." from the NJ gas station attendees (lol).