Former GM Guy loves his Ford
By Tim M on
2009 Ford F-150 XL 2dr Regular Cab Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)
I've always owned GM vehicles, but the new F150 Platinum outshines anything else on the market. It runs great, gets better gas mileage than my old GMC and I get nothing but compliments on it. When I get out of it, random people always ask if they can have a look inside. The Platinum is the nicest truck I've ever seen or owned and yet still very functional. The power running boards are the feature that gets the most "wow" factor. I would not hesitate buying this truck again. The exterior looks great and the interior is as comfortable as any luxury sedan out there. I love my Ford F-150 Platinum.
Favorite Features
- Power Running Boards - Microsoft Sync - I stream Pandora via Bluetooth from my Blackberry through the stereo and it sounds great. - 20" rims - they just look sweet. - Comfortable Air Conditioned Seats - no more sweaty back side. - Decent Fuel Economy for a big truck - Rear View Camera
Suggested Improvements
The head liner was attached with velcro and has since dropped around the moon roof. Ford has a fix for it that uses a clipping system. This is a common problem in the F150's with the moon roof.