Ford's leak water
By fordsstink on
2009 Ford F-150 FX4 4dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 6A)
At 40K miles rain leaked into both back doors and dribbled across the roof of the car, dripped down behind seats and puddled up their. Called the dealership and Ford, both parties said since it's after 36,000 bumper to bumper the diagnosis and fix of the problem regardless of a design flaw would be the responsibilty of the trucks owner. So they want me to pay money to a Ford dealership so they can tell me how Ford's design of the vehicle is flawed, then they want me to pay for the repairs. This makes no sense to me. Both the dealership and Ford did nothing to help with this situation and handled it poorly. Wouldn't buy another Ford.
Suggested Improvements
Design flaw. Ford's trucks should not allow rain in the vehicle only after 40K miles. This doesn't speak well of the design and customer or vehicle owners should not have to pay for their mistakes.
By unhappyf150
on 03/11/13 13:17 PM (PDT)

What really pissed me off with the dealership is the cavalier way they dealth with the water leaks. They called "The Water Doctor" whom is some aftermarket person that fixes car leaks on their lot. Well, the doctor was in, but the result didn't work. It was after 36,000 miles, so they said fixing it was a "courtesy". Imagine, a truck with a little over 36,000 miles, with a waterfall running in on the back seat and floor and fixing it isn't their priority. In other words, once the sale is made, you better catch this stuff, right away, or you're screwed. Please note my "extended" warrenty only affects the drive train. I'll never buy a Ford product, ever again. My old 94 F150 was a better truck. I guess Ford really wants a quick turn around on trade-ins and resales. They'll probably fix leaks for the used buyer.

By babsy3
on 04/20/13 17:15 PM (PDT)

I bought a 2009 F-150 in Jan of this year. This was a long time dream of mine. What I got was a leaking, smelly mess. It has been back to the dealership 3 times. First time, water leaking in the rear, down under the seat. Leak was detected and fixed. A month later I still smell that musty smell. I peaked under the floor on the drivers side. It was soaked and smelly. Back to the dealership it went. And again they brought in the Water Doctor. A week and a half later, they cant find a leak. They dried it out and replace the rug padding. Now it has a new smell.. Im at my wits end. I waited 30 years for this dream truck and all I got was a smelly nightmare..

By unhappyf150
on 03/11/13 13:10 PM (PDT)

I have exactly the same problem with water leaking, and the same results with a crappy dealership and a crappy manufacturer. However, there is hope. I received a letter from Kahn & Associates LLC. [contact info removed] Manufacturers and dealerships complain about lawyers, but that's the only language they understand. Trying to be civil and begging them to do the right thing just hasn't worked. So, I'm going the "evil" way (evil to them, not to you or me). I'm encouraging anyone who's suffering from problems with their 2009 F150 Crewcab to take Ford and their dealerships to task. Especially at a time when these cars were purchased, right during a recession, and they were whining their asses off, crying and begging us to buy. Now, they think they're over the hump and the fish are biting. They feel like it's salmon season, with you being the salmon and them being the bears.