Best Ford Truck Yet
By Agent86 on
2009 Ford F-150 XL 2dr Regular Cab Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)
This is my 8th Ford truck and 4th F-150. Although it is the lower-end STX, I find it more comfortable than my previous 2005 Lariat. The seats are more comfortable (although I have to agree that the headrests need to be less intrusive). The transmission is better matched to the engine's needs and thus the 3V 4.6L feels more powerful than my previous 5.4L. I didn't think I would ever drive a truck more comfortable on the highway than my Lariat, I was wrong. Smooth is the only way I can describe this truck. A nice feature of my particular truck is that it has the carpet delete option so I don't have to worry about mud and snow messing up the carpet. I just wash it out.
Favorite Features
My favorite features are the SYNC system and the satellite radio. I am on the road a great deal and they make the trip less fatiguing. I also like the great amount of storage throughout the interior, particularly the extra storage under the middle front seat. Also, lots of cup holders.
Suggested Improvements
If I could fix one thing, it would be the head rests. I am 5'7" and the head rest in it's lowest position almost forces my head forward. I raised it all the way and it fixed that problem but now is in my field of view when I look behind me. I can live with it but I don't like it.