Best Ford EVER!
By Firemark on
2009 Ford F-150 Platinum 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 6A)
I've owned several Toyotas, just sold my O4 CrewCab Tundra. I was blown away with the quality and features of the Platinum F150. This holds up well past the first impression. Now have over 3,500 miles in 3 months and haven't found any flaws. Interior room is cavernous and perfectly appointed. The reason I bought this was the rear floor space when you fold up the seats. New Tundras have NO floor space in back since seats only fold down. The Synch system took longer to learn than all other features. The blue- Tooth phone provides the best quality call ever, even vs the handset on the phone. Gas mileage exceeds my old Tundra, never less that 13.5 with best 15.5 on a highway trip.
Favorite Features
Front seats are incredibly comfortable. The other reviews with headrest concerns just haven't adjusted the seat properly or they're very short. I'm 6'2" and it's a perfect fit. The Rear View camera with range sensor is very handy, especially when someone walks behind you while backing up.
Suggested Improvements
My first wish would be a full size power down rear window similar to the Tundra LTD. I had the Factory Remote Starter system installed. Unfortunately, it activates all controls as if the key were inserted. It would be better if it waited for the key... Seat Adjustment, Courtesy Lights.