2009 Ford F-150 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:
Still wowed!
By j.m. on 01/26/09 18:16 PM (PST)

2009 Ford F-150 FX4 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

Ok well I wrote a review 12-6-08 see wow! And now I have 11,400 miles and still love it!! I have been driving quite frequently out to Ohio for work (that's the reson for high mileage) and I am averaging 17.3 with that 5.4 and 6 speed, the best powertrain combo. My friend's 5.7 Tundra does not "control" the trailer the way my truck does. Aside from a Super Duty, no other trucks pulls as smartly as this one does. I cannot say enough about the brakes and the handling and ride quality. It is as solid and bank vault like as my mom's 07 S-Class. I still have my 05 FX-4 with 90,000 miles and It rocks, not one problem, issue, or hiccup from it. This one will be as great because it is a Ford!

Very well thought out
By newportgirl on 01/16/09 03:03 AM (PST)

2009 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside 8 ft. LB (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

I am a woman who likes trucks, so I just bought a 09 F150. I was shocked at the redesigned interior, they actually put an in dash ashtray and lighter back into an American made vehicle. I am a heavy smoker, and use my vehicle for my business everyday. It beats having to use a small cup for putting out my cigarettes. Thanks Ford.

09 F-150 King Ranch Crew 6.5' bed loaded
By Mike on 01/03/09 16:18 PM (PST)

2009 Ford F-150 King Ranch 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

Fun to drive. Quick from the start. Stylish to be in. Averaging about 18 mpg. Interior is great. I love the way the seats feel with the KR leather. The back seat is much more comfortable than prior models. I love the extra 6" in the rear seat. The front seat even has more room for taller drivers. Nav is neat and the back up camera is great. Love the pickup bed step and the tailgate step. 6.5 foot bed is harder to park but that is to be expected. Still haven't figured out how to work the electronics, but I'm t rying. Cup holder in the door is good idea. Love the big gas tank. Wow, what else can I say? Not only do I love this truck, but my wife and kids do to.

Wow
By george on 12/31/08 09:20 AM (PST)

2009 Ford F-150 FX4 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

Based on the deals out there due to the current market, i took advantage and swapped out my 2004 F1-150 for a new 2009. As another reviewer had mentioned; any and everything that you would have like to have seen changed on the the 2004 was! The interior is outstanding in every way. The new flat floor and fold up backseats are a great idea. Overall performance, engine, braking etc. I can't say enough about it. After 1,000 miles now, the only thing i haven't quite seen is the improved mileage. I'm still under 16 MPG highway, about the same as my old 5.4.

Best F-150 yet.
By Shaunjr_89 on 12/19/08 23:30 PM (PST)

2009 Ford F-150 FX4 4dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

Bought this truck 2 weeks ago, so far it has 1100 miles on it. It handles like a dream has plenty of power, pulls my landscape trailer like nothing. Interior is roomy and comfortable. I been averaging 19-21 on the highway. Has a nice ride on road and off road, very quiet when running 75mhp on the highway. Overall best bang for the buck.

Wow!
By j.m. on 12/06/08 05:24 AM (PST)

2009 Ford F-150 FX4 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

I am an F-150 man all the way. I still have my 05 FX-4, now with 84,000 miles, and it has been great, not one issue what so-ever. I tow horse trailers on the regular, and I have already towed horses with this new one, and it is just plain phenomenal. I love it. Everything that was great about the 05 is even greater in the 09, and the very few things I would have changed in the 05, they did so in the 09. The 5.4 is still no racer, but linked to the 6 auto trans, this thing tows 8000 pounds plus thru the mountains so easily. I didn't think they could have improved on the 04 redesign this much but leave it to Ford to make such a great truck. All their vehicles should be this great.

If you are a doubter then read this
By doug on 11/20/08 14:41 PM (PST)

2009 Ford F-150 Lariat 4dr SuperCab Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

Second F150, first was a 5.4 that I put 170000.00 on. Well now they made it even better! A little more juice from the 5.4 and the 6 speed is a doll and you feel like the truck knows you, and the seats are more comfortable, they werent bad before! Yea others may have more power but they dont have the low end grunt, this beast is a pleasure to drive.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Ford F-150 in VA is:

$116 per month*