Used 2009 Ford F-150 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Ford F-150 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

Love me some Ford Truck
By Mark

2009 Ford F-150 XL 4dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I laughed when I read that another guy's wife sounded off about buying American. My wife did too as I was considering the Tundra or Tacoma but never got to the dealer. I did test drive Dodge, GMC and Ford. In every category from deal to doors I like the Ford at least a little better. GMC was a strong consideration and felt more refined but I wasn't looking for refined. I was looking for some big & bad truck and I found it in my black XLT 4X4.

Tall stance, big chrome, built Ford tough mojo and it drives great. The wife likes gettin' on the throttle for some beefy exhaust tones. That's what I'm talkin'.

Not a one.

A/C and Warranty problems
By Conroebird

2009 Ford F-150 Platinum 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

Replaced my 07GMC with new Platinum F150 4X4. A/C blows hot for 1st 15 miles. Dealership says is normal because it eventually cools off under 20 miles:( They drove it for 100 miles and didn't do anything,except refill fuel tank:( Vents blow 20 deg hotter than my other cars. Paid $54 for service at an A/C shop in Conroe and it was only low on freon! You'd think Ford would be willing to warranty $54 to keep a customer. Calls to Ford support were replied with - sorry the dealer says it is normal. So here it is. Nice truck and you'll like it unless you need A/C, or unless you need to use the warranty! GM please stay in business. Anyone want a new Platinum 150? LOL

Awesome Music, Sync. Nav, Weather display (needs loop display), interior quality.

- Honor the warranty. - Train dealers in what is normal and not normal for A/C operation. - Honor the warranty:) - Install an A/C that cools. - Pirelli tires ugly - get Goodyear instead. - Need daytime running lights - Honor the warranty

Former GM Guy loves his Ford
By Tim M

2009 Ford F-150 Platinum 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

I've always owned GM vehicles, but the new F150 Platinum outshines anything else on the market. It runs great, gets better gas mileage than my old GMC and I get nothing but compliments on it. When I get out of it, random people always ask if they can have a look inside. The Platinum is the nicest truck I've ever seen or owned and yet still very functional. The power running boards are the feature that gets the most "wow" factor. I would not hesitate buying this truck again. The exterior looks great and the interior is as comfortable as any luxury sedan out there. I love my Ford F-150 Platinum.

- Power Running Boards - Microsoft Sync - I stream Pandora via Bluetooth from my Blackberry through the stereo and it sounds great. - 20" rims - they just look sweet. - Comfortable Air Conditioned Seats - no more sweaty back side. - Decent Fuel Economy for a big truck - Rear View Camera

The head liner was attached with velcro and has since dropped around the moon roof. Ford has a fix for it that uses a clipping system. This is a common problem in the F150's with the moon roof.

Best Truck Out There
By Nick

2009 Ford F-150 FX4 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

It took me 1 year, researching the Internet and 50 test drives of every truck out on the market to make my decision but I chose the 2009 Ford F150 FX4 for my family. Interior was by far the best and back seats were very roomy. This is the truck to buy Here are my takes on the rest of the trucks Dodge Ram Hemi 4X4 Crew- Interior still looks cheap and Hemi makes a whole lot of sound and no go. Toyota Tundra 5.7 4X4 Crew- Very fast truck but interior was off key and frame not as strong as the domestic three. Nissan Titan 4X4 Crew- Decent truck but mpg was the lowest and the ride was jittery. Chevy/GMC Trucks 4X4 Crew- Back seats where for children only and interior was cheap.

Back Seats, very comfortable and roomy. Not much has put this truck apart from the rest except that this truck is well put together and all of its features are easy to use. It is just a well thought out (listening to its customers) truck.

The only thing I would improve is the motor. Once this truck has the new 5.0 V8 and the EcoBoost 3.5 V6 both producing 400 horsepower and 400 lbs of torque, this truck will be start stealing market share.

You need to drive this truck,
By Kevin

2009 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCab Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

I was skeptical about the 09s because Im not a big fan of the front ends, so I test drove the Dodge Ram 1500 for the weekend. Loved the look of the truck but the back drivers window squeeked going up and down. The drivers door grinded opening and closing and the volume button came off, all in a matter of 3 days. I cant imagine what else would go wrong with it in time. The Chevrolet looked good, but the truck is nowhere near as big in the inside as it looks on the outside. The interior build quality was about a 5. I test drove the 09' F150 and wanted the Lariat, but couldnt afford it but the XLT "for the price" is a VERY nice truck, quiet, gas mileage is GREAT and the 4.6 ltr runs good.

The new guages look nice in the day and at night, the fuel mileage is incredible, the comfort is great and the build quality is top notch.

an adjustable head rest. Maybe a smaller front grill.