Used 2009 Ford F-150 SuperCrew Consumer Reviews - 60 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Ford F-150 SuperCrew - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

You must have a F150!
By truckman

2009 Ford F-150 SuperCrew XL 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

My F150 has 16,500 miles now. I can't say enough good words for it. I just want to say: everyone must have this truck! This truck has a 18-19 combined MPG so far. It can do everything what a sedan or SUV does. It seats 6 people. more room. more comfortable. It can do many things a sedan, SUV, mini-van can't do. You understand what I meant. I go hunting, fishing. I help people move their heavy, large stuff. I buy stuff for my house and garden. etc. Everyone must buy a F150. Only F150!

almost everything.

frontal crash test is not as good as 04-08 model. how is roof strength? I'd like to know.

A/C and Warranty problems
By Conroebird

2009 Ford F-150 SuperCrew Platinum 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

Replaced my 07GMC with new Platinum F150 4X4. A/C blows hot for 1st 15 miles. Dealership says is normal because it eventually cools off under 20 miles:( They drove it for 100 miles and didn't do anything,except refill fuel tank:( Vents blow 20 deg hotter than my other cars. Paid $54 for service at an A/C shop in Conroe and it was only low on freon! You'd think Ford would be willing to warranty $54 to keep a customer. Calls to Ford support were replied with - sorry the dealer says it is normal. So here it is. Nice truck and you'll like it unless you need A/C, or unless you need to use the warranty! GM please stay in business. Anyone want a new Platinum 150? LOL

Awesome Music, Sync. Nav, Weather display (needs loop display), interior quality.

- Honor the warranty. - Train dealers in what is normal and not normal for A/C operation. - Honor the warranty:) - Install an A/C that cools. - Pirelli tires ugly - get Goodyear instead. - Need daytime running lights - Honor the warranty

Former GM Guy loves his Ford
By Tim M

2009 Ford F-150 SuperCrew Platinum 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

I've always owned GM vehicles, but the new F150 Platinum outshines anything else on the market. It runs great, gets better gas mileage than my old GMC and I get nothing but compliments on it. When I get out of it, random people always ask if they can have a look inside. The Platinum is the nicest truck I've ever seen or owned and yet still very functional. The power running boards are the feature that gets the most "wow" factor. I would not hesitate buying this truck again. The exterior looks great and the interior is as comfortable as any luxury sedan out there. I love my Ford F-150 Platinum.

- Power Running Boards - Microsoft Sync - I stream Pandora via Bluetooth from my Blackberry through the stereo and it sounds great. - 20" rims - they just look sweet. - Comfortable Air Conditioned Seats - no more sweaty back side. - Decent Fuel Economy for a big truck - Rear View Camera

The head liner was attached with velcro and has since dropped around the moon roof. Ford has a fix for it that uses a clipping system. This is a common problem in the F150's with the moon roof.

Best Truck Out There
By Nick

2009 Ford F-150 SuperCrew FX4 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

It took me 1 year, researching the Internet and 50 test drives of every truck out on the market to make my decision but I chose the 2009 Ford F150 FX4 for my family. Interior was by far the best and back seats were very roomy. This is the truck to buy Here are my takes on the rest of the trucks Dodge Ram Hemi 4X4 Crew- Interior still looks cheap and Hemi makes a whole lot of sound and no go. Toyota Tundra 5.7 4X4 Crew- Very fast truck but interior was off key and frame not as strong as the domestic three. Nissan Titan 4X4 Crew- Decent truck but mpg was the lowest and the ride was jittery. Chevy/GMC Trucks 4X4 Crew- Back seats where for children only and interior was cheap.

Back Seats, very comfortable and roomy. Not much has put this truck apart from the rest except that this truck is well put together and all of its features are easy to use. It is just a well thought out (listening to its customers) truck.

The only thing I would improve is the motor. Once this truck has the new 5.0 V8 and the EcoBoost 3.5 V6 both producing 400 horsepower and 400 lbs of torque, this truck will be start stealing market share.

Rent and drive one before you buy.
By Robk11

2009 Ford F-150 SuperCrew XLT 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

Throttle is very sluggish, 5.4 V8 is lacking in power. Body fit is good except for rubber moldings.Moldings are also starting to oxidize from sun exposure. Truck is only three months old. Body is beer can thin, dents very easily . Paint is the same way slightest scrap and you see metal.

Ride is super quiet and smooth.

Need outside body moldings to protect sheet metal . Hire the Japanese to engineer your engine operating controls.UV inhibitors in rubber and body moldings