Used 2009 Ford F-150 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Ford F-150 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

Annoyances
By Lorne

2009 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCab Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

About my new ford: Seatbelt is really awkward to put on because it is on the rear door. Cannot open the rear door if the front seatbelt is hooked up around someone. Ignition key hole is hard to find because it is way inside the steering column. I get a wind whistle on the highway coming from the windshield somewhere. Tried changing my own oil and could not remove the oil filter with a normal wrench. Have to buy on that fits on the end of the filter. Also a rad hose is designed where it rubs on the hot oil filter. Really do not like the headrests pointing forward.

Quiet, tow haul, sync. Heater/Defroster works well. Tows my trailer really well.

Better computer, change the headrests, change the seatbelts on the supercab, road salt collects under the supercab doors and in the front wheel wells. Armrest is hard to put up/down.

traction control
By jason brannen

2009 Ford F-150 FX4 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Flareside 6.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

i am a ford man i have owened 6 new f- 150's i'am 32 years old.i recently bought a 2009 FX 4x4 i use my truck for hunting and alot of off road use.the traction control has gotten me stuck on 5 different occasions.traction control may be good for the highway use but i cant find anything good while using it off road but stuck.the button on the dash is a joke.my thoughts are when u put a truck 4x4 you shouldn't have to press a reset button every time you back up and go forward it stinks bad.i am really disappointed

when you make a 4x4 offroad truck thats what it should be desinged to do. its real dishearten

Best Truck I'd Ever Driven
By Johnny B

2009 Ford F-150 FX4 4dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

I had the truck for 2 months and I love it! It rides very quiet and can feel that its' very solid as well. I took it offroad once and looking forward to more. The 6-spd tranny shifts seamlessly. I haven't really tested the acceleration yet since I only have 1500 miles on it but it has a good pickup speed going uphills. I averaged 18.7 mpg on highway. I'm hoping that will increase once it's broken in.

The FX4 black/white interior is very classy with a floor shifter. MS Sync is Great! Love the power and the smooth shifting six speed. Love the Sirius Radio. Interior is very spacious. Love the backup sensors. I love driving it better than my '06 Volvo.

The headrests is tilted too far forward. Raising it solved the problem.

Love it!
By Dan Cook

2009 Ford F-150 FX4 4dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

Love this truck! had a 2004 5.4 4x4 crew cab before, loved it, but what a difference. This 5.4 gets about 3 to 4 mpg more than the old one. With only 2000 miles on it, took a 2000 mile trip and averaged 20.5 mpg. Alot more power than old 5.4 and just love the six-speed trans. Rides like a car and has a huge backseat, already many compliments on it.

Sync is Great! Love the increased power and the smooth shifting six speed.Anti-sway works great. Love the Sirius Radio.

Wife doesn't like the headrests

Third truck and the best
By Alexander Allen

2009 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCab Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

The truck is comfortable, well laid out, and easy to drive. I do mostly country long distance driving and I find it powerful for passing and quiet at high speed.

Dashboard design,( except small guages), power, SYNC radio, size, ride, comfortable seats

The headrests bad. My head touches them at all times. They need to be restyled. The six speed tranny shifts constantly. It is out of 1st at about 10 mph, unless you really stomp on it. Needs to be reset for shifting and staying in first longer. Small gauges are VERY hard to see in daylight.