2009 Ford F-150 SuperCrew - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:
Go for the Platinum-BUY AMERICAN!
By dvick on 04/15/09 12:50 PM (PDT)

2009 Ford F-150 SuperCrew Platinum 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

Looked at everything on market- saw the competitive videos that Ford did, that, plus the fact that it is an IIHS Safety pick made the decision-even tough I liked the looks of the Dodge better. Go for the Platinum, you get the deployable running boards, infinitely adjustable tilt wheel and much more for less than $1G more than the KRanch. Others talked about the headrests, they can be bent back out of the way w/out hurting the seat. Only have about 275 miles, all in town, getting about 12mpg, about as expected. This is one ritzy truck, rides like a Caddy, hauls like a Superduty; safe, strong, well built- can't go wrong! Will update later when I know more about MPG over long haul.

FX-4 ROCKS!!!
By j.m. on 04/14/09 13:36 PM (PDT)

2009 Ford F-150 SuperCrew FX4 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

I keep writing reports because everyone must know how great Ford Trucks are. I just sold my 05 FX-4 with 92,000 for $15,000 and that truck was great. Not one single problem! I have had this 09 since late October, and between horse trailering and work, I have accumulated 17,600 miles. Friend and I did 2800 mile roadtrip from NJ to FL in Feb. and I ave. 19.1 mpg doing 75 with ac on and that includes the Orlando and Miami Beach traffic ( and I have the biggest combo Supercrew 4x4 with 6.5 ft bed and 3.73 rear and 5.4) The ride and handling are great. I pulled a car trailer loaded with 69 Torino and 73 Suburban at the same time for 80 miles, no problem. This is simply the best truck on the road!

Drive the Ford LAST!
By GOTOPLESS on 04/14/09 08:26 AM (PDT)

2009 Ford F-150 SuperCrew King Ranch 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

I have owned them all. The last was the Toyota Limited Tundra. Yea, it is nice, but....IT WAS NOT A FORD. Ford has built a great all around truck. Easy to drive, park, haul, pull, ect. Plenty of power, great improvement in transmission, descent gas mileage, backup camera is a must for the boat pullers. No hoopla. GREAT TRUCK!

Best Ford EVER!
By Firemark on 04/14/09 02:57 AM (PDT)

2009 Ford F-150 SuperCrew Platinum 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

I've owned several Toyotas, just sold my O4 CrewCab Tundra. I was blown away with the quality and features of the Platinum F150. This holds up well past the first impression. Now have over 3,500 miles in 3 months and haven't found any flaws. Interior room is cavernous and perfectly appointed. The reason I bought this was the rear floor space when you fold up the seats. New Tundras have NO floor space in back since seats only fold down. The Synch system took longer to learn than all other features. The blue- Tooth phone provides the best quality call ever, even vs the handset on the phone. Gas mileage exceeds my old Tundra, never less that 13.5 with best 15.5 on a highway trip.

Love The Truck-but it needs a 'Nose Job'
By dvickers on 04/06/09 10:55 AM (PDT)

Haven't purchased one yet, but soon will-looked at everything else- really liked the dodge, but safety rating on Dodge(side crash) unnaceptable. Superior ride, billet solid, no squeaks. Seats MUCH more supportive than last model, last one hurt my back after only 10 minutes. Ford did their homework-anti-trailer sway control might save your life-only thing I disliked is the gawdawful grill-I'm from TX, where everything is big, but they went overboard! Last model's grill much more attractive. Will purchase Platinum vs King Ranch- price it out, there's less than $1,000 difference, and you get the automatic running boards that are actually in the right place to use as a step when deployed.

A+
By Craig on 03/30/09 22:27 PM (PDT)

2009 Ford F-150 SuperCrew XLT 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

This is my 10th new Ford truck since 1986 and may be the best one yet!. My last was a loaded 2005 supercrew. I had no complaints with it but just went looking to see what deals were out there and drove away with a new 09. Great gas mileage 19mpg, even here in WV. The extra 6" of cab room are very noticeable and appreciated (6'5" 350). 1100 miles no problems. Great truck

F150 King Ranch 2009 4WD in WNC
By WNC Design Truck Usr on 03/25/09 19:28 PM (PDT)

I ordered this about 2 weeks ago; it is being custom built for me by Ford. The deal was amazing. Great price for a great truck. I have some upgrades from the king ranch and platinums I test drove; I am getting the dvd headrests and the dealer is obtaining a lexan roll-up bed cover, which all pickups should have. We ordered the white sand tri-coat metallic and the 20" KR wheels, navigation/Sync and moonroof. The whole thing is a luxurious work truck that does a fair job of passing as a limousine. Wonderful blend of technology, industrial design, strength, beauty and versatility. I compared this to Dodge, Chevy and Toyota. In the end, the Ford had the best combination and the best $.

Best vehicle I've ever owned.
By AmericanCarFan on 03/24/09 15:33 PM (PDT)

I have owned many vehicles over many years, including many trucks. This new Platinum series F150 is definitely one of the best. Incredibly quiet, comfortable and well built. The new 6 speed automatic with tow/haul works very well. Fuel mileage is on par with what you would expect for a vehicle of this weight and size, but I actually find it to be better than many in this category. This truck is so good, even some of my Chevy truck friends are looking at Ford! The combination of comfort and utility, with 11,100 lbs of towing and high load capacity is unbeatable. Kudos to Ford and Ocala Ford dealer for a superior product!

Awesome Crew Cab
By rnnick on 03/21/09 19:33 PM (PDT)

2009 Ford F-150 SuperCrew XLT 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

We wanted 4WD pickup toughness with a spacious cabin, and a smooth, quiet highway ride. We got it! We drove the Dodge Crew Hemi and the GMC Sierra Crew. In our minds, Ford won hands down. The GMC CrewCab way too small. The Dodge came in 2nd with better Discounts/Rebates, but we felt the Ford was worth the extra money. I wanted the 3V 4.6L with the 6sp Auto. I have seen up to 22mpg driving 60-65. Still has a tow rating well over 9000lbs. Plenty of power with the 4.6L. In my opinion, if you don't need the extra towing of the 5.4L then get the 4.6L. Fit/Finish excellent - no rattles/squeaks so far. My wife never wanted to drive a truck before this one - now I'm stuck with her car!

2009 f150 King Ranch 4WD WNC
By WNC Design Truck Usr on 03/20/09 20:48 PM (PDT)

I carefully reviewed all of the hoopla surrounding Chevy Silverado 1500, GMC 1500, Dodge Ram 1500, Toyota Tundra and Ford F150 2009. I ordered the new 2009 F150 King Ranch, to be custom built at Ford's Dearborn factory. I will take delivery in about a month. The test drive was great; this is one solid vehicle. Not a dragster like the Tundra, but who cares? The Ford won't twist and rack like any of the other 1/2 ton trucks in its class when going over dirt roads and I can tow more than the others. Also, the box is higher, which means I can fit more stuff into it and the exclusive rear step help me get into the box without crunching my knees on the tailgate. More later after I get it.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Ford F-150 Supercrew in VA is:

$125 per month*