Used 2009 Ford F-150 SuperCrew Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Ford F-150 SuperCrew - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

Excellent Truck
By Jay in Dallas

2009 Ford F-150 SuperCrew Lariat 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

I traded in my 2006 F-150 Lariat 4X2 for this 2009 Lariat 4X4. After about 2000 miles, I love the new truck. It handles very well for its size. Plenty of power. Fit and finish are excellent. The only thing I don't like is the shifting of the automatic - a bit unpredictable. My old F-150 had the 4-speed auto while this one is the 6-speed auto - very different. My 2006 had zero defects and I'm expecting the same from this one.

Power from the 5.4L, handling, 20" wheels, navigation

Transmission's shifting habits, automatic headlights tend to toggle on and off a lot.

won't start
By MADATFORD

2009 Ford F-150 SuperCrew XLT 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

Bought a 2009 ford f150 two weeks ago. stop at a store get somethings got back into the truck and would not start, called roadside assistance and they sent someone to jump start it. did not work, has some electrical problem, pretty sad for a new truck with the dealer tags still on the truck. i would not recommend a ford truck if you want to get from point a to point b. the worst truck i have ever driven. my 2004 dodge was a much more reliable truck than ford, never had a problem with dodge

none

before ford puts out a new designs and so called improvements test them out. the new ford f150 looks good but does not run.

Best Truck I've been in
By Scott

2009 Ford F-150 SuperCrew Lariat 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

I never expected such an all around excellent performer. This truck is very comfortable, quiet and very capable in every way. One reason I picked it over the Toyota Tundra is the large gas tank, 36 gallons vs 26 gallons. The extra capacity is very helpful when I'm towing. Other great towing features are the integrated brake controller, and sway control.

Back-up camera, and distance sensor. Navigation, and sound system are first rate.

None at this point. I have 2,000 miles with no problems.

Looked at too much junk
By 737driver

2009 Ford F-150 SuperCrew FX4 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

I looked for 1-2 year old ones to replace my 2000 and was not finding what I wanted for the money. I am very happy I decided to go with new. I have been getting between 18-19 with the 373 limited slip rear end. Most of used trucks I looked at were beat up or they wanted almost new price. I got mine for invoice. Been very happy with truck so far. The transmission and fit and finish I feel are quite nice for the price and it is a quiet solid truck.

Transmission, Sync, Leather

Do have to jump on the headrest wagon not being comfortable. Not to the point yet of pulling it out or turning it around. You get used to it.

You must have a F150!
By truckman

2009 Ford F-150 SuperCrew XL 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

My F150 has 16,500 miles now. I can't say enough good words for it. I just want to say: everyone must have this truck! This truck has a 18-19 combined MPG so far. It can do everything what a sedan or SUV does. It seats 6 people. more room. more comfortable. It can do many things a sedan, SUV, mini-van can't do. You understand what I meant. I go hunting, fishing. I help people move their heavy, large stuff. I buy stuff for my house and garden. etc. Everyone must buy a F150. Only F150!

almost everything.

frontal crash test is not as good as 04-08 model. how is roof strength? I'd like to know.

• SUV