2009 Ford F-150 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:
Love me some Ford Truck
By Mark on 08/13/09 08:41 AM (PDT)

2009 Ford F-150 XL 4dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I laughed when I read that another guy's wife sounded off about buying American. My wife did too as I was considering the Tundra or Tacoma but never got to the dealer. I did test drive Dodge, GMC and Ford. In every category from deal to doors I like the Ford at least a little better. GMC was a strong consideration and felt more refined but I wasn't looking for refined. I was looking for some big & bad truck and I found it in my black XLT 4X4.

A/C and Warranty problems
By Conroebird on 07/25/09 09:57 AM (PDT)

2009 Ford F-150 Platinum 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

Replaced my 07GMC with new Platinum F150 4X4. A/C blows hot for 1st 15 miles. Dealership says is normal because it eventually cools off under 20 miles:( They drove it for 100 miles and didn't do anything,except refill fuel tank:( Vents blow 20 deg hotter than my other cars. Paid $54 for service at an A/C shop in Conroe and it was only low on freon! You'd think Ford would be willing to warranty $54 to keep a customer. Calls to Ford support were replied with - sorry the dealer says it is normal. So here it is. Nice truck and you'll like it unless you need A/C, or unless you need to use the warranty! GM please stay in business. Anyone want a new Platinum 150? LOL

Former GM Guy loves his Ford
By Tim M on 07/25/09 05:13 AM (PDT)

2009 Ford F-150 Platinum 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

I've always owned GM vehicles, but the new F150 Platinum outshines anything else on the market. It runs great, gets better gas mileage than my old GMC and I get nothing but compliments on it. When I get out of it, random people always ask if they can have a look inside. The Platinum is the nicest truck I've ever seen or owned and yet still very functional. The power running boards are the feature that gets the most "wow" factor. I would not hesitate buying this truck again. The exterior looks great and the interior is as comfortable as any luxury sedan out there. I love my Ford F-150 Platinum.

Best Truck Out There
By Nick on 07/21/09 11:47 AM (PDT)

2009 Ford F-150 FX4 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

It took me 1 year, researching the Internet and 50 test drives of every truck out on the market to make my decision but I chose the 2009 Ford F150 FX4 for my family. Interior was by far the best and back seats were very roomy. This is the truck to buy Here are my takes on the rest of the trucks Dodge Ram Hemi 4X4 Crew- Interior still looks cheap and Hemi makes a whole lot of sound and no go. Toyota Tundra 5.7 4X4 Crew- Very fast truck but interior was off key and frame not as strong as the domestic three. Nissan Titan 4X4 Crew- Decent truck but mpg was the lowest and the ride was jittery. Chevy/GMC Trucks 4X4 Crew- Back seats where for children only and interior was cheap.

You need to drive this truck,
By Kevin on 07/19/09 19:07 PM (PDT)

2009 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCab Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

I was skeptical about the 09s because Im not a big fan of the front ends, so I test drove the Dodge Ram 1500 for the weekend. Loved the look of the truck but the back drivers window squeeked going up and down. The drivers door grinded opening and closing and the volume button came off, all in a matter of 3 days. I cant imagine what else would go wrong with it in time. The Chevrolet looked good, but the truck is nowhere near as big in the inside as it looks on the outside. The interior build quality was about a 5. I test drove the 09' F150 and wanted the Lariat, but couldnt afford it but the XLT "for the price" is a VERY nice truck, quiet, gas mileage is GREAT and the 4.6 ltr runs good.

Rent and drive one before you buy.
By Robk11 on 07/18/09 11:48 AM (PDT)

2009 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

Throttle is very sluggish, 5.4 V8 is lacking in power. Body fit is good except for rubber moldings.Moldings are also starting to oxidize from sun exposure. Truck is only three months old. Body is beer can thin, dents very easily . Paint is the same way slightest scrap and you see metal.

Love this truck.
By Dominic on 07/18/09 07:14 AM (PDT)

2009 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

Was ready to buy a Toyota Tacoma when my wife said --- you can't buy a foreign truck. I immediately went to the Chevy dealership and then for some reason decided to stop buy a Ford one after that. Although I have always thought Chevy has a more classic and attractive body style, I was blown away by the interior of the Ford. Simply put, an outstanding and elegant design. It was a tough choice but was able to get a better price on the Ford and so went with it. So far, I love the truck. Has a less powerful feel than the Chevy even through I got the 5.4L but it is still more than adequate for my needs. I have to thank my wife for pushing me to American - better product than Toyota.

Best Truck Ever
By cl on 07/17/09 15:33 PM (PDT)

2009 Ford F-150 Lariat 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

It's a looker! After 1500 miles, we think it's the best truck going. We like the style and features of our Lariat. It's capable and was built in America without help from a government handout.

Only truck to own
By Anthony Canon on 07/15/09 16:08 PM (PDT)

2009 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

Traded an older F-150 and wanted a new truck that had the same features. I'm glad I did because it performs better than expected. I priced other trucks in the same class and found this new F- 150 has a far better exterior. It's quieter and the interior was tops for the money compared to a Dodge, Chevy, or GMC. First week after purchasing the truck it turned heads and had people coming up to me in parking lots just to say what a great looking truck it was!! After a long drive with the family (over 8 hours), even my mother-in-law had to say that it's a hell of a truck in comfort, ride, and interior space. She even liked the look and price!

Great Truck...
By Wally on 07/05/09 11:15 AM (PDT)

2009 Ford F-150 FX4 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

Ford has really done there homework on this one. I traded in my 2007 Dodge Ram for my new 2009 F-150 the only thing I miss is the hemi engine. Other than the lack of a little power over the hemi this truck is light years better than the Dodge in every other way. This truck is fun to drive! The power from the new 5.4 is nothing to laugh at though. This will serve me just fine. The only thing I notice is the inside door panels push you in the truck to keep you away from the windows so as in an accident your not in the way of the side curtain air bags. This makes it just a little uncomfortable however nothing you couldn't get use to. Look around at this truck, you'll find a lot of neat things!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Ford F-150 in VA is:

$116 per month*