Used 2009 Ford F-150 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Ford F-150

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

New F150 Fan
By ROY

2009 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

Before purchasing the F150 I test drove all manufacturer trucks. I found that the F150 provided the most truck for your buck. After driving the truck for a year, I have not had any problems the truck is quiet and comfortable. The only things that I would like to see improved is to put on a telescoping steering wheel and sharper turning. Other than that the truck is awesome.

Favorite Features

Exterior and interior style. Inexpensive upgrade to V8 Triton.

Suggested Improvements

Turn Ratio + telescopic steering wheel

Review of my F-150
By Jake

2009 Ford F-150 XL 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I bought my Ford-f150 with the 5.4 V8 in it about 5 months ago. Very happy with everything thus far. I wish I would have upgraded to the leather. The cloth is fine and holds up well, but I'm going back to upgrade. I travel alot for work, so it's nice using SYNC to call customers and hold conference calls without having to worry about a bluetooth device or holding a phone.

Favorite Features

SYNC and the back seat room. I'm a big waterfowl hunter. It's nice to fold up the seats and put all my hunting gear in the back seat. when I'm done, take out all my gear and its the family car again.

Suggested Improvements

My truck didn't come with any bed liner. This is a must, and new trucks should come standard with them. I spent $350 on a Linex spray in bed liner after purchasing.

Love It
By Justin K.

2009 Ford F-150 STX 2dr Regular Cab 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This truck is impressive in every way. I got a great deal on a left over 2009 reg. cab 4x4 with the 3v 4.6 and 6- speed auto. It is smooth and responsive, fun to drive, and great looking. I have not even broken it in yet and am averaging 18.5 mpg (all in the cold Wisconsin winter). The inside is quiet and the exhaust has a nice powerful tone to it. I love how tall the truck stands (just as big as the competition's HD versions) and the new gas cap delete feature is really nice. Overall the truck is smart and a pleasure to drive.

Favorite Features

I love driving this truck. It is just a pleasure. If it isn't perfect I don't know what is.

Suggested Improvements

None really, the headrests could be a bit more comfortable.

good truck
By tom

2009 Ford F-150 King Ranch 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

I bought this truck new in March 09 here it is feb 14 2010 and I have 46,000 miles already. Not one problem with this truck not even a recall. Lots of money but lots of truck. I would recommend this truck.

Favorite Features

sony sync system and the heated seats are nice as well use then alot.

Suggested Improvements

As you can tell I do lots of driving so I have two suggestions. First the seats are very stiff like to have a softer seat. I know its a lwb truck but turning radius needs improvement as possible.

Annoyances
By Lorne

2009 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCab Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

About my new ford: Seatbelt is really awkward to put on because it is on the rear door. Cannot open the rear door if the front seatbelt is hooked up around someone. Ignition key hole is hard to find because it is way inside the steering column. I get a wind whistle on the highway coming from the windshield somewhere. Tried changing my own oil and could not remove the oil filter with a normal wrench. Have to buy on that fits on the end of the filter. Also a rad hose is designed where it rubs on the hot oil filter. Really do not like the headrests pointing forward.

Favorite Features

Quiet, tow haul, sync. Heater/Defroster works well. Tows my trailer really well.

Suggested Improvements

Better computer, change the headrests, change the seatbelts on the supercab, road salt collects under the supercab doors and in the front wheel wells. Armrest is hard to put up/down.