Used 2009 Ford F-150 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Ford F-150 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

BOOM!
By 4x4 2010

2009 Ford F-150 King Ranch 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

Best truck I've ever owned. I am 6,3 and the four door is so roomy I can sit in the back and relax and have plenty of room, I love the heated seats and the SYNC system transmission shifts often but that means better gas mileage, I can tow my 9,000 lb trailer like it's nothing, , the 5.4 is really powerful but I'm looking forward to the new 6 litre v8! This is a beautiful truck inside and out and handles seamless ly I average about 20 mpg!

everything, fit ,finish, seats, mirrors, sync, gas mileage, great handles offroad, pulled a 2009 dodge when we hooked bumpers!

headrests ,

Terrible power plant and drive train!
By cyberdreams

2009 Ford F-150 Lariat 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

I purchased my 2009 f150 lariat new for towing my track car. I have the tow package and 3.73 gears, the truck shifts like crap and has no tow power. It is constantly shifting through the gears like it doesn't know what to do. As of april 2010 I have 20k miles on it and am looking to sale it. I like the interior and all the features such as the nav and the ac/heated seats. Just driving around town with no trailer this truck struggles to find gears and is unpleasant to drive. It constantly shudders off the line and is very sluggish. I only wish I went with a diesel f250.

New motor and trans!

2009 Ford Platinum 4X4 5.3 V-8
By George

2009 Ford F-150 Platinum 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

I have had the Platinum for almost a year. The Navigation is awesome. Sound is awesome. I have lumbar problems but the seats in this truck are my benchmark for any other seats. We had a Mercedes ML 350. I couldn't drive more than 20 minutes w/o back pain. The truck has been great in snow, since we live in the mountains.

Seats! Seats! Navigation. Stereo. Fold down steps. Great for my short wife. The tailgate step with handle is great.

The best mpg has bee 16.5-- disappointing. I am an easy driver. My Prius gets 49.

New F150 Fan
By ROY

2009 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

Before purchasing the F150 I test drove all manufacturer trucks. I found that the F150 provided the most truck for your buck. After driving the truck for a year, I have not had any problems the truck is quiet and comfortable. The only things that I would like to see improved is to put on a telescoping steering wheel and sharper turning. Other than that the truck is awesome.

Exterior and interior style. Inexpensive upgrade to V8 Triton.

Turn Ratio + telescopic steering wheel

Review of my F-150
By Jake

2009 Ford F-150 XL 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I bought my Ford-f150 with the 5.4 V8 in it about 5 months ago. Very happy with everything thus far. I wish I would have upgraded to the leather. The cloth is fine and holds up well, but I'm going back to upgrade. I travel alot for work, so it's nice using SYNC to call customers and hold conference calls without having to worry about a bluetooth device or holding a phone.

SYNC and the back seat room. I'm a big waterfowl hunter. It's nice to fold up the seats and put all my hunting gear in the back seat. when I'm done, take out all my gear and its the family car again.

My truck didn't come with any bed liner. This is a must, and new trucks should come standard with them. I spent $350 on a Linex spray in bed liner after purchasing.

• SUV