2009 f150 King Ranch 4WD WNC
By WNC Design Truck Usr on
2009 Ford F-150 King Ranch 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 6A)
I carefully reviewed all of the hoopla surrounding Chevy Silverado 1500, GMC 1500, Dodge Ram 1500, Toyota Tundra and Ford F150 2009. I ordered the new 2009 F150 King Ranch, to be custom built at Ford's Dearborn factory. I will take delivery in about a month. The test drive was great; this is one solid vehicle. Not a dragster like the Tundra, but who cares? The Ford won't twist and rack like any of the other 1/2 ton trucks in its class when going over dirt roads and I can tow more than the others. Also, the box is higher, which means I can fit more stuff into it and the exclusive rear step help me get into the box without crunching my knees on the tailgate. More later after I get it.
Favorite Features
Great new styling; I love the architectural dash redesign! Sync is amazing! I didn't realize all the things it could do until the dealer demonstrated it. My Chevy had OnStar, which I liked a lot, but it didn't do all of these things. Wonderful leather in the King Ranch. Huge backseat area.
Suggested Improvements
I got dvd headrests for 2 reasons; one, I want to be able to run dvds in the backseat, and 2, Ford's engineers should know better than to have their basic headrests from tilting forward so much. The dvd headrests are more vertical. Better milege, more power. Raise side armrests to console height.