2009 Ford F-150 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:
Great truck
By TReilly85 on 10/13/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2009 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

I bought a 2009 F150 super crew about a year and a half ago. I really enjoy the truck. It has a 4.6l engine with a 3.73 rear axle. I tow a 30ft travel trailer that weight 9000 lbs and to my surprise i was able to tow with no problems upstate NY. One thing i did add was rear air bags in the suspension so it would sit so much with the weight of the camper. I also tow the camper on the beach and still haven't had any problems. There is a lot of room inside the truck also and i cant go anywhere with out someone complementing me on the truck

Great Truck!
By MTDC on 08/24/10 08:58 AM (PDT)

2009 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

Just picked up a nice used 09 F-150 Super Crew 4x4 with the 5.4 V-8. Been a Dodge guy for many years and owned several of them. 8 Ram's to be exact. I love them Hemi power but mpg at $3.00 a gallon and driving 24K miles + per year in the Mountains of Montana is a factor. Averaged 17.8 mpg driving home from the dealer, 25,000 miles on my new ride. That's setting cruise at 78 on the freeway and at 73 on the highway. Mountain terrain, couple of passes and rolling hill terrain. That's a 4.5 mpg boost from my previous Dodge Hemi. I am very impressed with the new body style, inside and out. Finally Ford figured out a way of making the interior look less cheap and more inviting. A+ so far

oh hum
By cretisan on 07/20/10 18:21 PM (PDT)

2009 Ford F-150 FX4 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

Haven't had this truck a month yet and am trying to get out of it. The interior is beautiful but it is so uncomfortable. Ford just threw everything in with no thought to actual placement, height etc. It shifts so erratically that it's annoying and don't try to use the passing gear in a hurry because there could literally be a 3-5 sec delay before the truck figures out what to do.

36 gallon gas tank?
By Tom on 06/01/10 16:05 PM (PDT)

2009 Ford F-150 XL 4dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

It's too expensive to fill up with a 36 gallon gas tank with gas almost $3 a gallon it costs me a fortune and have to take a loan outta the bank to afford to fill it up! The stock Goodyear Wrangler tires are wearing funny, took it back to the dealer twice and they just rotated the tires. The stitching on the front seats are coming loose, can't install a seat cover cause the side air bags are in the seat. never got any better than 14.3 MPG

2009 F-150
By Rickv on 04/14/10 05:50 AM (PDT)

2009 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCab Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

This truck is everything Ford says it is. Mine is the 4.6 3V Supercab and I frequently tow cars in enclosed trailers and open trailers and it does this better than I imagined when I bought it. It even got 15 mpg towing a 82 Mustang on an open trailer.

BOOM!
By 4x4 2010 on 04/12/10 07:34 AM (PDT)

2009 Ford F-150 King Ranch 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

Best truck I've ever owned. I am 6,3 and the four door is so roomy I can sit in the back and relax and have plenty of room, I love the heated seats and the SYNC system transmission shifts often but that means better gas mileage, I can tow my 9,000 lb trailer like it's nothing, , the 5.4 is really powerful but I'm looking forward to the new 6 litre v8! This is a beautiful truck inside and out and handles seamless ly I average about 20 mpg!

Terrible power plant and drive train!
By cyberdreams on 04/03/10 11:27 AM (PDT)

2009 Ford F-150 Lariat 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

I purchased my 2009 f150 lariat new for towing my track car. I have the tow package and 3.73 gears, the truck shifts like crap and has no tow power. It is constantly shifting through the gears like it doesn't know what to do. As of april 2010 I have 20k miles on it and am looking to sale it. I like the interior and all the features such as the nav and the ac/heated seats. Just driving around town with no trailer this truck struggles to find gears and is unpleasant to drive. It constantly shudders off the line and is very sluggish. I only wish I went with a diesel f250.

2009 Ford Platinum 4X4 5.3 V-8
By George on 03/15/10 17:54 PM (PDT)

2009 Ford F-150 Platinum 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

I have had the Platinum for almost a year. The Navigation is awesome. Sound is awesome. I have lumbar problems but the seats in this truck are my benchmark for any other seats. We had a Mercedes ML 350. I couldn't drive more than 20 minutes w/o back pain. The truck has been great in snow, since we live in the mountains.

New F150 Fan
By ROY on 03/15/10 07:22 AM (PDT)

2009 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

Before purchasing the F150 I test drove all manufacturer trucks. I found that the F150 provided the most truck for your buck. After driving the truck for a year, I have not had any problems the truck is quiet and comfortable. The only things that I would like to see improved is to put on a telescoping steering wheel and sharper turning. Other than that the truck is awesome.

Review of my F-150
By Jake on 02/24/10 11:26 AM (PST)

2009 Ford F-150 XL 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I bought my Ford-f150 with the 5.4 V8 in it about 5 months ago. Very happy with everything thus far. I wish I would have upgraded to the leather. The cloth is fine and holds up well, but I'm going back to upgrade. I travel alot for work, so it's nice using SYNC to call customers and hold conference calls without having to worry about a bluetooth device or holding a phone.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Ford F-150 in VA is:

$134 per month*