2009 Ford F-150 SuperCrew - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:
5 years and going strong
By james_neil on 08/22/14 07:48 AM (PDT)

2009 Ford F-150 SuperCrew XLT 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

so far the most reliable truck I have ever own in Canada

Happy With the F150 After 5 Years
By arcticdriver on 07/16/14 10:35 AM (PDT)

2009 Ford F-150 SuperCrew FX4 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Flareside 6.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

I bought my '09 FX4 S/crew 5.4L in August 2009, to date it's been the best truck I've owned. I did have a problem with water coming in the cab through the windshield the 1st year that was promptly fixed, and the a/c clutch went out and was fixed under warranty as well. Other than that it's been a great truck. I tow a 7000 lb travel travel trailer around Alaska and northern BC and it handles towing up incredibly steep and long grades coming up mountain passes from the coast easily. It also handles the 700 km gravel surface Dempster highway going up to the arctic ocean just as well as it does starting and driving in temperatures of -40 or colder. I plan on keeping this truck indefinately.

Best Truck on the Road!
By alan556 on 01/22/13 12:25 PM (PST)

2009 Ford F-150 SuperCrew Platinum 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

Purchased a 2009 F-150 Platinum about 4 months ago from a dealer. It had higher miles (about 79K). I bought the extended bumper to bumper Ford Warranty (4 years/60K miles) just in case and would recommend it for a Lariat, King Ranch or Platinum because of all the electronics. So far, no problems. Just had the oil changed for the first time and had it checked over and the mechanics couldn't find anything wrong. The F-150's are absolutely bullet proof. The 6 speed auto shifts seamlessly. Great exhaust note! Love all the features and the back seat it huge! The kids love it! My wife even likes driving it because it sits up so high. Great truck and the best vehicle buy of my life!

Research the transmission before you buy the '09
By testagrande on 06/21/11 07:33 AM (PDT)

2009 Ford F-150 SuperCrew FX4 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

I absolutely love my truck, except for the transmission. I developed a leak in the tranny case within the first 1500 miles of owning it. Also, I don't believe Ford worked out all the bugs with this new 6 speed. I have hard shifting in the first 4 gears (anything below 35 mph) and a stuttering downshift from 2nd to 1st. The dealership keeps 'flashing' the transmission computer, because it is supposed to be adaptive. I have had mine flashed 4 times, and I still have the same problems.

Great truck!!
By jbspray_77 on 02/27/11 16:42 PM (PST)

2009 Ford F-150 SuperCrew Lariat 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

Wanted to write a review right when I got this truck, but figured I'd give it a few miles. After only logging 12,000 miles on my previous "brand X" truck, and taking it to the service department monthly, I am extremely please with me F-150. This is my first ford truck, and it won't be my last. Very comfortable, reliable, and tastful interior. It functions great in regular truck duties, and as a family hauler. I found a dealership that sold for $100 over invoice, so I ended up getting this truck for almost $7000 under sticker. Gas mileage is, however, dismal. I don't have a heavy foot, but do drive in traffic daily. I average about 15mpg.

I keep raving about it!
By j.m. on 11/26/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2009 Ford F-150 SuperCrew FX4 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

Yes it's me again. I just keep on reviewing this great truck (read still wowed from 10/13/2010) and still raving about it. Only problem is, I recently had a chance to drive 2 of Ford's new 2011 F150 engines. first was a 5.0 powered Lariat 4x4 with a 3.55 rear. Versus my 5.4 and 3.73 combo, this truck steadily outpaced mine. Torque happy down low for being just 5.0 liters, yet loves to rev and run on the highway. Next was a 4x4 FX-4 with ecoboost 3.5 and 3.73 rear, supercrew 5.5 bed, WOW! Fast! NOT FAIR! Now i will admit the ol' 5.4 seems a lil tepid, after driving these two beasts. Very refined sounding, 5.0 sounds sexy!! I still love my 5.4 powered 2009, but ...

Quiet, comfortable, & safe cruiser
By JH on 10/30/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2009 Ford F-150 SuperCrew Lariat 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

Pulls 34' trailer ok in Midwest but might be tough in mountains. Quiet over bumps. Captain chairs are very comfortable. Feels safe & smooth. Nav/Sync is great. Front doors sound a little tinny when closing. Tailgate step is useful. Can stack 5 dog crates in rear of cab on flat floor. Would prefer quicker steering ratio. Unable to get DRL's so leave headlights on all the time. No problems so far. No excessive oil consumption; mpg normally around 16-17 but only 6-8 w/ that trailer. Tow/haul feature works great. Miss having locking fuel filler. Beautiful truck. Cooled front seats are a nice extra. Might be nice to have a grab handle on driver's side A-pillar. Love our truck.

Great truck
By TReilly85 on 10/13/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2009 Ford F-150 SuperCrew XLT 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

I bought a 2009 F150 super crew about a year and a half ago. I really enjoy the truck. It has a 4.6l engine with a 3.73 rear axle. I tow a 30ft travel trailer that weight 9000 lbs and to my surprise i was able to tow with no problems upstate NY. One thing i did add was rear air bags in the suspension so it would sit so much with the weight of the camper. I also tow the camper on the beach and still haven't had any problems. There is a lot of room inside the truck also and i cant go anywhere with out someone complementing me on the truck

Still wowed!
By j.m. on 10/13/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

I love my truck. I reviewed it before, read "wow! written 12/06/08, and still I love it! I still have my 05 FX-4, but now my brother drives it. It has over 100k on it and it's been so reliable. My 09 has almost 50k and super super super! I tow horses, cars, quads, and dad's boat with incredible ease. The 5.4 v-8 and 6 speed trans are great, quiet, and decent on gas. I drove NJ to Florida and averaged 18.6 mpg doing 80 with a/c on. My friends are always impressed with the quality, interior space, and smooth ride quality. It handles great, stops on a dime, and spoils me with every mile i put on her. Again, the 5.4 is no racer, but the pulling power is great for me.

Great Truck!
By MTDC on 08/24/10 08:58 AM (PDT)

Just picked up a nice used 09 F-150 Super Crew 4x4 with the 5.4 V-8. Been a Dodge guy for many years and owned several of them. 8 Ram's to be exact. I love them Hemi power but mpg at $3.00 a gallon and driving 24K miles + per year in the Mountains of Montana is a factor. Averaged 17.8 mpg driving home from the dealer, 25,000 miles on my new ride. That's setting cruise at 78 on the freeway and at 73 on the highway. Mountain terrain, couple of passes and rolling hill terrain. That's a 4.5 mpg boost from my previous Dodge Hemi. I am very impressed with the new body style, inside and out. Finally Ford figured out a way of making the interior look less cheap and more inviting. A+ so far

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Ford F-150 Supercrew in VA is:

$125 per month*