Used 2009 Ford F-150 SuperCrew Consumer Reviews - 59 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Ford F-150 SuperCrew

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

Just an average truck
By don butner

2009 Ford F-150 SuperCrew Lariat 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

In 7 years I have used this truck as a car. I've had a major problem which required replacing the front steering unit. The heater/air blower unit had to be replaced.

5 years and going strong
By james_neil

2009 Ford F-150 SuperCrew XLT 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

so far the most reliable truck I have ever own in Canada

ride's high which gives me a good view of the road and improves safety 4x4 features is an added bonus in gravel road and winter time

gas mileage improvement is a must

Happy With the F150 After 5 Years
By arcticdriver

2009 Ford F-150 SuperCrew FX4 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Flareside 6.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

I bought my '09 FX4 S/crew 5.4L in August 2009, to date it's been the best truck I've owned. I did have a problem with water coming in the cab through the windshield the 1st year that was promptly fixed, and the a/c clutch went out and was fixed under warranty as well. Other than that it's been a great truck.
I tow a 7000 lb travel travel trailer around Alaska and northern BC and it handles towing up incredibly steep and long grades coming up mountain passes from the coast easily. It also handles the 700 km gravel surface Dempster highway going up to the arctic ocean just as well as it does starting and driving in temperatures of -40 or colder.
I plan on keeping this truck indefinately.

Best Truck on the Road!
By alan556

2009 Ford F-150 SuperCrew Platinum 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

Purchased a 2009 F-150 Platinum about 4 months ago from a dealer.
It had higher miles (about 79K).
I bought the extended bumper to bumper Ford Warranty (4 years/60K miles) just in case and would recommend it for a Lariat, King Ranch or Platinum because of all the electronics.
So far, no problems.
Just had the oil changed for the first time and had it checked over and the mechanics couldn't find anything wrong.
The F-150's are absolutely bullet proof.
The 6 speed auto shifts seamlessly.
Great exhaust note!
Love all the features and the back seat it huge!
The kids love it!
My wife even likes driving it because it sits up so high.
Great truck and the best vehicle buy of my life!

Back up camera, GPS and touch screen display, Microsoft Sync, power running boards, trailer tow mirrors.

Poor running boards on anything but the Platinum. The power running boards are a must have! Could have a little better acceleration. If you are concerned about gas mileage, it could be better...but people don't buy trucks to get good fuel economy...

Research the transmission before you buy the '09
By testagrande

2009 Ford F-150 SuperCrew FX4 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

I absolutely love my truck, except for the transmission.
I developed a leak in the tranny case within the first 1500 miles of owning it.
Also, I don't believe Ford worked out all the bugs with this new 6 speed.
I have hard shifting in the first 4 gears (anything below 35 mph) and a stuttering downshift from 2nd to 1st.
The dealership keeps 'flashing' the transmission computer, because it is supposed to be adaptive.
I have had mine flashed 4 times, and I still have the same problems.

I absolutely love the size, styling and overall comfort of the interior. The backseat is huge, the technology is great (iPod & Bluetooth integration) with the Sync system - it all makes it a fun truck to drive. The exterior styling is also an improvement.

Hopefully the transmission issues were fixed in the 2010 & 2011 models.