Used 2009 Ford F-150 XLT SuperCab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Ford F-150 SuperCab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

You need to drive this truck,
By Kevin

2009 Ford F-150 SuperCab XLT 4dr SuperCab Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

I was skeptical about the 09s because Im not a big fan of the front ends, so I test drove the Dodge Ram 1500 for the weekend. Loved the look of the truck but the back drivers window squeeked going up and down. The drivers door grinded opening and closing and the volume button came off, all in a matter of 3 days. I cant imagine what else would go wrong with it in time. The Chevrolet looked good, but the truck is nowhere near as big in the inside as it looks on the outside. The interior build quality was about a 5. I test drove the 09' F150 and wanted the Lariat, but couldnt afford it but the XLT "for the price" is a VERY nice truck, quiet, gas mileage is GREAT and the 4.6 ltr runs good.

The new guages look nice in the day and at night, the fuel mileage is incredible, the comfort is great and the build quality is top notch.

an adjustable head rest. Maybe a smaller front grill.

Great Improvement
By draymond

2009 Ford F-150 SuperCab XLT 4dr SuperCab Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

After 2 weeks of ownership I couldn't be happier with my decision. My previous truck was a 2002 F150 and the 2009 is light years ahead in refinement. I couldn't believe how quiet the truck is, allmost as quiet as my wifes Toyota Highlander. The sync system is awesome, hook up your Zune and everything is voice activated. I was concerned about the gas mileage coming from a 6cylinder to a V8, believe it or not I'm averaging close to 19mpg in mixed driving vs 15mpg with my old 6 cylinder. Build quality seems good no issues so far. Very happy with my decision. Would highly recommend a test drive for anyone trying to make a decision. Forgot to mention I received 5K in rebates when I purchased.

Sync, Gas mileage, lack of road noise.

Could use more storage compartments in back seat area.

old to new
By homer simpson

2009 Ford F-150 SuperCab XLT 4dr SuperCab Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

Well my 1985,302,fi, finally went to help some concrete from falling down (sadness). But alass i have found another truck to love for 300000 miles. The power when punched with the H.O. 4.6 is surprizing. It will cause ur wallet to empty at the tire store. The inside is a great update from my old tank. the sound from the 6 cd sirrus radio is beautiful. the seats are comfortable and the room is big enough for a dead body with the back seats up. the outside styling is another reason to buy this truck. the new styled tailgate that weighs half of the 85s and the chrome grill is an eye catcher. The new alloy wheels are another great update. I compare it to my 85 but the wife drives an '05 4dr.

power with milage 6 speed stereo styling road feel handling

what happened to telescopic steering. the limited adjustment of the cloth seat.

Could ask for more!
By Doug M.

2009 Ford F-150 SuperCab XLT 4dr SuperCab Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

I purchased my F-150 about 2 and 1/2 months ago. It was a replaemnet for my 08.5 Nissan Titan-which was totaled- it collapsed like a tin can! Bought the Ford instead of getting another Titan and definately made the right choice! It Looks better, better gas mileage, more comfortable and roomy. My family and I have taken numerous trips to see my family out of state in this short time and the family loves it! Average about 20mpg on the trip when I set the cruise at 75 very pleased with that. Just a great buy and great truck. My first ruck was a Ford and have owned a Dakota, Ram, Frontier, Titan , Ranger and will only buy an F-150 from now own! Love it. Over 500 miles a tank! 5500 miles so far..

Safety sensors and the back-up cam are great! Excellent braking, traction assist is nice and crash test ratings look steller-don't want to find out.

Telescoping Steering would be nice to go with the power seat and pedals.

• SUV