2009 Ford F-150 SuperCab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:
cruise
By cc69 on 08/06/14 20:00 PM (PDT)

2009 Ford F-150 SuperCab STX 4dr SuperCab 4WD Flareside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

09 stx shifts with a thump in cruise control above 65 mph. Took iy to the dealer twice, the 1st time they said there is no problem with and it was designed that way. Took it back the 2nd time they said there had been an upgrade with the transmission and they said they performed the upgrade but it still thumps when it shifts in cruise control above 65 mph. Does anybody experiences a similar problem and was it resolved?

Hidden Features
By swicky88 on 12/20/13 08:22 AM (PST)

2009 Ford F-150 SuperCab XLT 4dr SuperCab Styleside 8 ft. LB (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

Do you have a hard time getting your dog to take a bath? Do they run when they hear the bathtub filling up? Well the 2009 F-150 is the truck for you. Just pick a good rainy day to take you pup for a ride, squirt some soap on the roof, and drive into the storm. Your cab transforms into a doggy bath with sprayers installed above the front and rear windshields and back corners of the roof. Open the doors after to drain water. Then crank the heat for a fast dry time.

Ford's leak water
By fordsstink on 12/29/11 10:21 AM (PST)

2009 Ford F-150 SuperCab FX4 4dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

At 40K miles rain leaked into both back doors and dribbled across the roof of the car, dripped down behind seats and puddled up their. Called the dealership and Ford, both parties said since it's after 36,000 bumper to bumper the diagnosis and fix of the problem regardless of a design flaw would be the responsibilty of the trucks owner. So they want me to pay money to a Ford dealership so they can tell me how Ford's design of the vehicle is flawed, then they want me to pay for the repairs. This makes no sense to me. Both the dealership and Ford did nothing to help with this situation and handled it poorly. Wouldn't buy another Ford.

F 150 STX 4X4
By Truck Guy on 11/19/10 00:00 AM (PST)

Bought this truck brand new. Not the fastest truck but 20 MPG hwy & 15 MPG city is very good for a full size V8 truck. This is mostly thanks to my truck having the updated 4.6L 16V with the 6 speed transmission. This truck is Lexus quite too. Only sound is the exhaust which sounds like a quite version of the old glass packs (very sweet). Only problem I've had with this truck is any time I have an electronic device in the truck (cell phone, GPS, MP3 player etc) the tire pressure monitor goes off. Dealership recommends I not us electronic devices? Other than that truck seem very tough and reliable. Easy to park due to turning circle. Highly recommended if your looking for a truck.

36 gallon gas tank?
By Tom on 06/01/10 16:05 PM (PDT)

2009 Ford F-150 SuperCab XL 4dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

It's too expensive to fill up with a 36 gallon gas tank with gas almost $3 a gallon it costs me a fortune and have to take a loan outta the bank to afford to fill it up! The stock Goodyear Wrangler tires are wearing funny, took it back to the dealer twice and they just rotated the tires. The stitching on the front seats are coming loose, can't install a seat cover cause the side air bags are in the seat. never got any better than 14.3 MPG

2009 F-150
By Rickv on 04/14/10 05:50 AM (PDT)

2009 Ford F-150 SuperCab XLT 4dr SuperCab Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

This truck is everything Ford says it is. Mine is the 4.6 3V Supercab and I frequently tow cars in enclosed trailers and open trailers and it does this better than I imagined when I bought it. It even got 15 mpg towing a 82 Mustang on an open trailer.

New F150 Fan
By ROY on 03/15/10 07:22 AM (PDT)

2009 Ford F-150 SuperCab XLT 4dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

Before purchasing the F150 I test drove all manufacturer trucks. I found that the F150 provided the most truck for your buck. After driving the truck for a year, I have not had any problems the truck is quiet and comfortable. The only things that I would like to see improved is to put on a telescoping steering wheel and sharper turning. Other than that the truck is awesome.

Annoyances
By Lorne on 02/07/10 08:53 AM (PST)

2009 Ford F-150 SuperCab XLT 4dr SuperCab Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

About my new ford: Seatbelt is really awkward to put on because it is on the rear door. Cannot open the rear door if the front seatbelt is hooked up around someone. Ignition key hole is hard to find because it is way inside the steering column. I get a wind whistle on the highway coming from the windshield somewhere. Tried changing my own oil and could not remove the oil filter with a normal wrench. Have to buy on that fits on the end of the filter. Also a rad hose is designed where it rubs on the hot oil filter. Really do not like the headrests pointing forward.

Best Truck I'd Ever Driven
By Johnny B on 01/11/10 20:06 PM (PST)

2009 Ford F-150 SuperCab FX4 4dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

I had the truck for 2 months and I love it! It rides very quiet and can feel that its' very solid as well. I took it offroad once and looking forward to more. The 6-spd tranny shifts seamlessly. I haven't really tested the acceleration yet since I only have 1500 miles on it but it has a good pickup speed going uphills. I averaged 18.7 mpg on highway. I'm hoping that will increase once it's broken in.

Love it!
By Dan Cook on 12/23/09 18:53 PM (PST)

Love this truck! had a 2004 5.4 4x4 crew cab before, loved it, but what a difference. This 5.4 gets about 3 to 4 mpg more than the old one. With only 2000 miles on it, took a 2000 mile trip and averaged 20.5 mpg. Alot more power than old 5.4 and just love the six-speed trans. Rides like a car and has a huge backseat, already many compliments on it.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Ford F-150 Supercab in VA is:

$124 per month*