Used 2009 Ford F-150 Platinum Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Ford F-150 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

Former GM Guy loves his Ford
By Tim M

2009 Ford F-150 Platinum 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

I've always owned GM vehicles, but the new F150 Platinum outshines anything else on the market. It runs great, gets better gas mileage than my old GMC and I get nothing but compliments on it. When I get out of it, random people always ask if they can have a look inside. The Platinum is the nicest truck I've ever seen or owned and yet still very functional. The power running boards are the feature that gets the most "wow" factor. I would not hesitate buying this truck again. The exterior looks great and the interior is as comfortable as any luxury sedan out there. I love my Ford F-150 Platinum.

Favorite Features

- Power Running Boards - Microsoft Sync - I stream Pandora via Bluetooth from my Blackberry through the stereo and it sounds great. - 20" rims - they just look sweet. - Comfortable Air Conditioned Seats - no more sweaty back side. - Decent Fuel Economy for a big truck - Rear View Camera

Suggested Improvements

The head liner was attached with velcro and has since dropped around the moon roof. Ford has a fix for it that uses a clipping system. This is a common problem in the F150's with the moon roof.

Fantastic Ford
By dfoster

2009 Ford F-150 Platinum 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

First Ford since 1988. Wow! Never thought I'd come back. Ford has outdone itself with the new F150 Platinum. The 5.4 V8 power is good-not great. Averaging 17 mpg overall with 90% highway time. The interior fit & finish is fantastic. Seats are super comfortable. Power running boards are a nice touch. At 6'7", the F150 has plenty of headroom compared to Tundra, Chevy, & Cadillac. Towed 23' Airstream from Ohio to TN. Other than higher RPM's & lower gas mileage, the F150 barely knew it was back there. Averaged 13 MPG over 500 miles towing. Again, great job Ford.

Favorite Features

Beautiful interior. Comfortable seats. Towing ability. Ride, fit & finish. Power running boards. Paint is flawless.

Suggested Improvements

While power is adequate, more low end would be nice. Improved scratch resistant plastics are door kick plates. Small software issues with Sync and Iphone needs to be addressed. Will not play music while Bluetooth is connected.