2009 Ford F-150 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:
Research the transmission before you buy the '09
By testagrande on 06/21/11 07:33 AM (PDT)

2009 Ford F-150 FX4 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

I absolutely love my truck, except for the transmission. I developed a leak in the tranny case within the first 1500 miles of owning it. Also, I don't believe Ford worked out all the bugs with this new 6 speed. I have hard shifting in the first 4 gears (anything below 35 mph) and a stuttering downshift from 2nd to 1st. The dealership keeps 'flashing' the transmission computer, because it is supposed to be adaptive. I have had mine flashed 4 times, and I still have the same problems.

Looked at too much junk
By 737driver on 09/15/09 15:13 PM (PDT)

2009 Ford F-150 FX4 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

I looked for 1-2 year old ones to replace my 2000 and was not finding what I wanted for the money. I am very happy I decided to go with new. I have been getting between 18-19 with the 373 limited slip rear end. Most of used trucks I looked at were beat up or they wanted almost new price. I got mine for invoice. Been very happy with truck so far. The transmission and fit and finish I feel are quite nice for the price and it is a quiet solid truck.

Best Truck Out There
By Nick on 07/21/09 11:47 AM (PDT)

2009 Ford F-150 FX4 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

It took me 1 year, researching the Internet and 50 test drives of every truck out on the market to make my decision but I chose the 2009 Ford F150 FX4 for my family. Interior was by far the best and back seats were very roomy. This is the truck to buy Here are my takes on the rest of the trucks Dodge Ram Hemi 4X4 Crew- Interior still looks cheap and Hemi makes a whole lot of sound and no go. Toyota Tundra 5.7 4X4 Crew- Very fast truck but interior was off key and frame not as strong as the domestic three. Nissan Titan 4X4 Crew- Decent truck but mpg was the lowest and the ride was jittery. Chevy/GMC Trucks 4X4 Crew- Back seats where for children only and interior was cheap.

Great Truck...
By Wally on 07/05/09 11:15 AM (PDT)

2009 Ford F-150 FX4 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

Ford has really done there homework on this one. I traded in my 2007 Dodge Ram for my new 2009 F-150 the only thing I miss is the hemi engine. Other than the lack of a little power over the hemi this truck is light years better than the Dodge in every other way. This truck is fun to drive! The power from the new 5.4 is nothing to laugh at though. This will serve me just fine. The only thing I notice is the inside door panels push you in the truck to keep you away from the windows so as in an accident your not in the way of the side curtain air bags. This makes it just a little uncomfortable however nothing you couldn't get use to. Look around at this truck, you'll find a lot of neat things!

Wow
By george on 12/31/08 09:20 AM (PST)

2009 Ford F-150 FX4 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

Based on the deals out there due to the current market, i took advantage and swapped out my 2004 F1-150 for a new 2009. As another reviewer had mentioned; any and everything that you would have like to have seen changed on the the 2004 was! The interior is outstanding in every way. The new flat floor and fold up backseats are a great idea. Overall performance, engine, braking etc. I can't say enough about it. After 1,000 miles now, the only thing i haven't quite seen is the improved mileage. I'm still under 16 MPG highway, about the same as my old 5.4.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Ford F-150 in VA is:

$125 per month*