2009 Ford F-150 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:
5 years and going strong
By james_neil on 08/22/14 07:48 AM (PDT)

2009 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

so far the most reliable truck I have ever own in Canada

cruise
By cc69 on 08/06/14 20:00 PM (PDT)

2009 Ford F-150 STX 4dr SuperCab 4WD Flareside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

09 stx shifts with a thump in cruise control above 65 mph. Took iy to the dealer twice, the 1st time they said there is no problem with and it was designed that way. Took it back the 2nd time they said there had been an upgrade with the transmission and they said they performed the upgrade but it still thumps when it shifts in cruise control above 65 mph. Does anybody experiences a similar problem and was it resolved?

Happy With the F150 After 5 Years
By arcticdriver on 07/16/14 10:35 AM (PDT)

2009 Ford F-150 FX4 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Flareside 6.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

I bought my '09 FX4 S/crew 5.4L in August 2009, to date it's been the best truck I've owned. I did have a problem with water coming in the cab through the windshield the 1st year that was promptly fixed, and the a/c clutch went out and was fixed under warranty as well. Other than that it's been a great truck. I tow a 7000 lb travel travel trailer around Alaska and northern BC and it handles towing up incredibly steep and long grades coming up mountain passes from the coast easily. It also handles the 700 km gravel surface Dempster highway going up to the arctic ocean just as well as it does starting and driving in temperatures of -40 or colder. I plan on keeping this truck indefinately.

Hidden Features
By swicky88 on 12/20/13 08:22 AM (PST)

2009 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCab Styleside 8 ft. LB (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

Do you have a hard time getting your dog to take a bath? Do they run when they hear the bathtub filling up? Well the 2009 F-150 is the truck for you. Just pick a good rainy day to take you pup for a ride, squirt some soap on the roof, and drive into the storm. Your cab transforms into a doggy bath with sprayers installed above the front and rear windshields and back corners of the roof. Open the doors after to drain water. Then crank the heat for a fast dry time.

Best Truck on the Road!
By alan556 on 01/22/13 12:25 PM (PST)

2009 Ford F-150 Platinum 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

Purchased a 2009 F-150 Platinum about 4 months ago from a dealer. It had higher miles (about 79K). I bought the extended bumper to bumper Ford Warranty (4 years/60K miles) just in case and would recommend it for a Lariat, King Ranch or Platinum because of all the electronics. So far, no problems. Just had the oil changed for the first time and had it checked over and the mechanics couldn't find anything wrong. The F-150's are absolutely bullet proof. The 6 speed auto shifts seamlessly. Great exhaust note! Love all the features and the back seat it huge! The kids love it! My wife even likes driving it because it sits up so high. Great truck and the best vehicle buy of my life!

Ford's leak water
By fordsstink on 12/29/11 10:21 AM (PST)

2009 Ford F-150 FX4 4dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

At 40K miles rain leaked into both back doors and dribbled across the roof of the car, dripped down behind seats and puddled up their. Called the dealership and Ford, both parties said since it's after 36,000 bumper to bumper the diagnosis and fix of the problem regardless of a design flaw would be the responsibilty of the trucks owner. So they want me to pay money to a Ford dealership so they can tell me how Ford's design of the vehicle is flawed, then they want me to pay for the repairs. This makes no sense to me. Both the dealership and Ford did nothing to help with this situation and handled it poorly. Wouldn't buy another Ford.

Research the transmission before you buy the '09
By testagrande on 06/21/11 07:33 AM (PDT)

2009 Ford F-150 FX4 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

I absolutely love my truck, except for the transmission. I developed a leak in the tranny case within the first 1500 miles of owning it. Also, I don't believe Ford worked out all the bugs with this new 6 speed. I have hard shifting in the first 4 gears (anything below 35 mph) and a stuttering downshift from 2nd to 1st. The dealership keeps 'flashing' the transmission computer, because it is supposed to be adaptive. I have had mine flashed 4 times, and I still have the same problems.

Great truck!!
By jbspray_77 on 02/27/11 16:42 PM (PST)

2009 Ford F-150 Lariat 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

Wanted to write a review right when I got this truck, but figured I'd give it a few miles. After only logging 12,000 miles on my previous "brand X" truck, and taking it to the service department monthly, I am extremely please with me F-150. This is my first ford truck, and it won't be my last. Very comfortable, reliable, and tastful interior. It functions great in regular truck duties, and as a family hauler. I found a dealership that sold for $100 over invoice, so I ended up getting this truck for almost $7000 under sticker. Gas mileage is, however, dismal. I don't have a heavy foot, but do drive in traffic daily. I average about 15mpg.

I keep raving about it!
By j.m. on 11/26/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2009 Ford F-150 FX4 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

Yes it's me again. I just keep on reviewing this great truck (read still wowed from 10/13/2010) and still raving about it. Only problem is, I recently had a chance to drive 2 of Ford's new 2011 F150 engines. first was a 5.0 powered Lariat 4x4 with a 3.55 rear. Versus my 5.4 and 3.73 combo, this truck steadily outpaced mine. Torque happy down low for being just 5.0 liters, yet loves to rev and run on the highway. Next was a 4x4 FX-4 with ecoboost 3.5 and 3.73 rear, supercrew 5.5 bed, WOW! Fast! NOT FAIR! Now i will admit the ol' 5.4 seems a lil tepid, after driving these two beasts. Very refined sounding, 5.0 sounds sexy!! I still love my 5.4 powered 2009, but ...

F 150 STX 4X4
By Truck Guy on 11/19/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2009 Ford F-150 STX 4dr SuperCab 4WD Flareside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Bought this truck brand new. Not the fastest truck but 20 MPG hwy & 15 MPG city is very good for a full size V8 truck. This is mostly thanks to my truck having the updated 4.6L 16V with the 6 speed transmission. This truck is Lexus quite too. Only sound is the exhaust which sounds like a quite version of the old glass packs (very sweet). Only problem I've had with this truck is any time I have an electronic device in the truck (cell phone, GPS, MP3 player etc) the tire pressure monitor goes off. Dealership recommends I not us electronic devices? Other than that truck seem very tough and reliable. Easy to park due to turning circle. Highly recommended if your looking for a truck.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Ford F-150 in VA is:

$116 per month*