The most solid 1/2 ton built
By RyanZ on
2008 Ford F-150 XL 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)
I'll start this by saying I'm an auto dealer and have owned many different trucks. I have an 08 F150 XLT with the FX2 front end. It has the 5.4 V8 which is a great workhorse for longevity and strength. It tows my 10,400 ib. trailer like its not behind me. The only aftermarket performance parts are a Volant cold air intake and Flowmaster exhaust. I get between 16- 17mpg in town and 21 on the highway with cruise. My business partner has an 05 F150 FX4 with 201,000 miles on his 5.4. First engine and transmission. They are definitely built Ford tough. Just run synthetic fluids and keep out of the throttle. By far the strongest, most comfortable, most practical truck out there.
Favorite Features
Strong reliable drivetrain that doesnt miss a beat. Very comfortable seats. Big center console, even with column shifter and buckets. Decent fuel economy and great hauling capability. Auxilary input from the factory.
Suggested Improvements
More hp, but no sacrifice to longevity. We don't need the Toyota 5.7 Tundra problems. Better factory stereo. Nothing else, just a great all around truck.