2008 Ford F-150 Consumer Review: Straight Forward and Honest Re

2008 Ford F-150 - Consumer Review

XL Regular Cab Pickup (4.2L V6 5-speed Manual 6.6 ft. Bed)

Straight Forward and Honest Review
By bigcntry on

2008 Ford F-150 XL 2dr Regular Cab Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.2L 6cyl 5M)

I purchased my SuperCab STX approx. 1 yr ago. The truck had 15k miles on it when I bought it, and it now has 41k miles logged. I have owned 4 Ford trucks in the past, and all were very good except for 1 lemon (1994 Ford Bronco). I traded in a Honda Civic that I was driving as a commuter car ----- couldnt stand it. I felt like i was wearing panties or something. Im a country boy and I had to get back in a truck. My 2008 F150 has taken us on 3 long trips and I also drive it on a 60 mile commute to work. I had to have the actuator motor replaced (AC part) and my Ford logo on the front grill (peeling) replaced, both covered under warranty. Other than that, this truck has been flawless.

Very smooth ride, solid build, gas mileage for a big truck (avg about 18 mpg), and good stock speakers. 4.6 liter engine has been around a while ---- tried and true --- and I expect it to last a very long time. BUILT FORD TOUGH!

The only thing I dont like about this truck is it doesnt have side airbags....the new ones do. I haul my little boy around in it alot and that would have been a nice feature to have. Other than that, not a thing.