Replaced my diesel
By JM on
2008 Ford F-150 XL 2dr Regular Cab Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.2L 6cyl 5M)
Bought this truck to replace my 2008 6.4L diesel,which was nice,but did not fit my current needs as a daily driver. Current truck is KR F-150, fully-optioned. I have been impressed. Runs well, a little short on power, but really smooth and still torquey 5.4L engine. Frame and overall build integrity is very strong. Have tested and/or driven most of the competition and still,to me,Ford has the top overall offering for reliability and "truck performance." Still looks good; has stayed fresh in styling. Some minor assembly issues which are being remedied at dealer; nothing major here. Not a diesel when towing but a great daily driver. Mileage acceptable at 16.5 combined--better than expected.
Favorite Features
The fuel economy is not bad for a fairly heavy truck. Power is OK--not great. Seats are really nice, the King Ranch package is tough to beat. Neat features: back up camera and navigation/rear DVD make this a people hauler as well as a material hauler. Frame and build integrity are still tops.
Suggested Improvements
Mid-range power is absent,although the 5.4L has plenty of torque for towing. Really needs a five or six speed auto, and electonic TBC (planned for 2009). Miss my tailgate step from 250. Build quality is overall very good, some loose wiring and interior trim issues should not be found in $50K truck.