2008 Ford F-150 Consumer Review: Pleasantly surprised

2008 Ford F-150 - Consumer Review

XL SuperCab (4.6L V8 4-speed Automatic 6.6 ft. Bed)

Pleasantly surprised
By TXRUNFX4 on

2008 Ford F-150 XL 4dr SuperCab Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

After having exceptional luck with my first F150 (98 4x4 that is still going strong), as well as after test driving a Tundra, Silverado, and Dodge, I decided to get another F150. I went with a fully loaded, every option (minus sunroof) 08 FX4 as I didn't see enough difference in 09 to warrant the extra $ for the 09. I've read some reviews about poor power, and I've always felt the F150 lacked the "get up and go" of the Chevy, but I've been very surprised that this truck has loads of power and very nice throttle response. The interior (black leather) is really nice and the truck is super quiet. Very comfortable, great power, very solid! Other trucks were nice, but I'm glad I got the FX4.

Favorite Features

Power, throttle response, exceptional interior styling and comfort, very quiet cabin, solid build quality, back-up camera with trailer hitch line-up is great, memory/heated seats, air/radio controls on steering wheel.

Suggested Improvements

Not a huge fan of the Pirelli Scorpion 20" tires, the fuel economy isn't much improved over my 11yr old F150 4x4, but it's a heavy truck and I'll take the build quality every time.