2008 Ford F-150 Consumer Review: Not just another F150

2008 Ford F-150 - Consumer Review

Not just another F150
By jbeloff on

2008 Ford F-150 Lariat 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I have owned a 2003 4x4 f150 extended cab since new. It was really difficult to justify what I perceived as the perfect reliable pick up truck. I did know that I always wished I had purchased a crew cab but for my construction purposes and need for the 6.5' bed. the extended cab would be fine. 8 years later it was time for a change. The newer crew cabs with the 6.5' bed were to long and therefore searched successfully for a well maintained 08 F150 Lariat (loaded enough) w/ 6.5' bed and 60k miles. I figured most reviews I read were from satified drivers with 100-200K on their trucks. Wow, if it performs anything like my 03 then I am one fortunate owner.....IT WILL!

The intereior comforts are beyond what is needed. The seats are super comfortable, guages are appropriately placed, the angular dash is a huge improvent over earlier model. The 3.73 differential is just what I need for towing. While the 20" wheels are overkill they are very attractive and glad there there. The street appeal is outstanding (white paltinum).

Not really seeing or experiencing any design flaws. I have added from my previous truck a softtopper cover for oversized storage in back bed, bed slider, and Firestone rear load leveller. Only improvement...electrical folding tow mirrors.