Used 2008 Ford F-150 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Ford F-150 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

Reliable truck
By mandrw

2008 Ford F-150 STX 4dr SuperCab Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This is a good truck. I purchased the 4.6L V8 and it is underpowered. I suggest that you purchase the larger V8. The electronics should be laid out better. I often take my eyes off the road to change the radio. However, this truck is fun to drive and has a tall stature on the road. Handles well and drive more like a car than a truck. I have the split bench front seat and it is a little uncomfortable on long trips.

Cruise control is easy to use. Steering is tight and braking is good. Lights provide good view inside and out.

Redesign the dash to make more user friendly. Improve comfoft in the front seat.

Well thought out truck
By burton

2008 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

First Ford truck I have owned, 4 Chevys previously. Had Ford a short time but am very impressed with the small things compared to Chevy. cup holder on dash, cruise on wheel, power package for base truck (windows,doors, mirrors), light weight tailgate, bed light comes on automaticly, side running boards.

the small things that make driving comfortable.

grab handles over doors, little bit more power and little better gas milEage.

Ford forever
By chuck

2008 Ford F-150 King Ranch 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

The King Ranch surpassed my expectations with its option packages, more than my 04 Lariat. Ride is comfortable and fun to drive, power is responsive even with a half ton in the bed. Quiet interior when traveling on a variety of road surfaces

Best features are navagation system; satelite radio; rear camera; power folding side mirrors

A symbol of the King Ranch is the saddle bag flap behind both driver and passenger seats; omitted on my King Ranch; put them back where the belong

Bad Investment
By Randy

2008 Ford F-150 XL 4dr SuperCab Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I acquired a F-150 for a heavy work load. Big mistake. This vehicle would be good for occasional work and commuting, but has limited capabilities. It is underpowered, loud, poor gas mileage, and unreliable. I spent a small fortune keeping this truck running. I replaced this truck as quickly as financially possible.

Very nice ride for commuting. Nice interior styling.

Poor fit and finish. This truck is not built for heavy work loads. Opt for the F-250 or F-350 if you are using this to make a living.

Wow!
By txgreek

2008 Ford F-150 King Ranch 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I have owned this decked out King Ranch a while now and gotta say that I am extremely impressed with the build quality of Ford. I had a 2006 Dodge diesel 4x4 that had given me so many problems that I was really worried about getting into another American made truck. All I can say is wow!

King Ranch leather trim, 20" wheels, nav, folding mirrors, sunroof, Ford motors being easy to modify too.

No need to fix something if it isn't broken.

• SUV