Used 2008 Ford F-150 Consumer Reviews - 66 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Ford F-150 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

The most solid 1/2 ton built
By RyanZ

2008 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I'll start this by saying I'm an auto dealer and have owned many different trucks. I have an 08 F150 XLT with the FX2 front end. It has the 5.4 V8 which is a great workhorse for longevity and strength. It tows my 10,400 ib. trailer like its not behind me. The only aftermarket performance parts are a Volant cold air intake and Flowmaster exhaust. I get between 16- 17mpg in town and 21 on the highway with cruise. My business partner has an 05 F150 FX4 with 201,000 miles on his 5.4. First engine and transmission. They are definitely built Ford tough. Just run synthetic fluids and keep out of the throttle. By far the strongest, most comfortable, most practical truck out there.

Strong reliable drivetrain that doesnt miss a beat. Very comfortable seats. Big center console, even with column shifter and buckets. Decent fuel economy and great hauling capability. Auxilary input from the factory.

More hp, but no sacrifice to longevity. We don't need the Toyota 5.7 Tundra problems. Better factory stereo. Nothing else, just a great all around truck.

Wow a Ford!
By Hartwell220

2008 Ford F-150 King Ranch 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I previously owned Chevy Silverados which have been great. With the year end sales going on I tried to purchase a new Silverado LTZ but no luck in finding one (thanks Goodness) My wife said go look at the new Fords as she thinks they look great. So I stopped at the Ford dealership, saw the King Ranch and drove it home that night. Ride is great, leather is unbelievably fantastic, love the Nav, remote start. The black truck gets lots of attention. Great styling, pulled boat easily (4WD) up a steep wet drive covered with wet leaves It's like driving my big chair in my living room! This truck drives like a dream and has hauled great!

Nav, heated seats, remote start, folding mirrors, moon roof, electric sliding rear window, king ranch leather!

DIC controls need to be in a more visible and accessible spot, Turn signal lever should be an inch or 2 longer

Outstanding
By JOG

2008 Ford F-150 FX2 4dr SuperCab Flareside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Well my first truck was a 2008 Toyota Tundra with the 5.7 liter, 381hp, I traded the Tundra in for a 2008 FX2 F- 150 SuperCab 4.6liter, the Ford by far in my oppinion is the better truck, I love the smooth quiet ride, steering, the leather captains chair, Ford has been making trucks a lot longer than Toyota, Ford knows how to build a reliable truck, I paid $24,000.00 for a truck that MSRP at $34,500 and it is loaded, Thank God for Ford. Long live Ford trucks. God bless America!

20" wheels, smooth quiet ride, audiophile stereo, captains chair, overall look, very aggressive loking.

None

2nd F-150 4x4 and very pleased
By texas35

2008 Ford F-150 FX4 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I have a 1998 F-150 4x4 off-road XLT that has over 200,000 miles on it. Considering the only non-preventive maint. I've ever done was an alternator change, I bought a new 08 FX4. It has every option except for sunroof (much fancier than my older one). I am very impressed with this new truck. I hear some complaints on power, but I feel like the truck has great power and excellent throttle response. The interior is very nice and extremely comfy. My favorite thing is that it is super quiet, even with the 20" wheels, I am amazed at the lack of road noise. These are the only two F-150s I've ever had, but based on my old one and how it's performed over 11 yrs and this new one, I'll continue to buy

Interior design and comfort. Build quality. Very quiet ride, very smooth, excellent handling

Obviously, the fuel economy isn't great, but it's a 4x4 truck, so I keep expectations realistic. Another change has been made in the new 09 by moving ipod port off the top of the dash (silly, I know).

Good Bang for the Buck
By K.Bomb

2008 Ford F-150 Limited 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I road tested several trucks, and liked the Chevrolet, but after driving the Ford truck, I was sold!!! Great ride quality, nice interior, attractive exterior, smooth handling. Glad I opted for the bigger 5.4 engine!

The crew cab has folding rear seats that allow easy access when the owner loads the "flat" interior floor area.