2008 Ford F-150 Consumer Reviews 6

2008 Ford F-150 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:
Best truck you can buy
By truck on 04/20/08 19:16 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I have tested all the trucks on the market even for au ugly Titan and ugly Tundra. GMC truck is overall good, however, I don't like its small mirror. Dodge 4.7L engine has less gas mileage. HEMI engine has more power. Tundra is interesting. It labels 381 hp. However, its real world hp is simmilar to the 4.6L Ford I am buying. Toyota cheats new buyers that way. I am atruck person who only care real world hp, not hp on the paper. I also care smooth ride that only Ford can give. I care tough frame also.

Outstanding!
By ETexas1000 on 04/17/08 16:17 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford F-150 XLT 2dr Regular Cab Styleside 8 ft. LB (4.2L 6cyl 5M)

I wanted a truck to haul building materials over long distances and looks good while doing it. That's this truck, and I love it. I added some chrome wheels and accessories, and still kept the pricetag under $26k. Fuel economy is great, I took a 500 mi. trip, and rolled into my destination with 1/8 of a tank of fuel left, and this was with a 1000# load up and down mountainsides! Great truck! Thanks FoMoCo!

Best truck I've owned
By Blackknight on 04/02/08 22:14 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford F-150 Lariat 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Bought this truck as a demo with 5k miles off the showroom floor. It was cleaner than some brand new cars I've bought in the last 30 yrs. Already had several accessories installed that added to the truck's great looks. This is my 4th truck (3rd Ford) and the best one yet. Looks, ride, build quality are first rate. Rearview camera with the sonar sensing system is unbelievable. Try it - you'll like it!

Fun Truck
By lupal on 03/25/08 21:13 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford F-150 FX4 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

This is a great looking truck, the best I think. That is the main reason I bought the FX4. The interior is great, has so much room in there I compare it to an SUV. Fuel economy cold be much better, and it is costly to drive these days, but as a owner of a single cab 02 V6 F150, then upgrading to this 5.4 V8, I can see that Ford did get better in its fuel economy, but hey, if you drive such a big truck, you better expect the gas to be high. I have noticed some things that i dont like about it, but all Fords at all dealerships had the problems, one being they roll back on a slope, the other being the steering wheel shakes a bit too much for my liking at speeds of about 70mph.

Great Truck
By Fred on 03/20/08 18:28 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford F-150 FX4 4dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

This truck has exceeded my expectations in every catagory. I just took a long trip across PA aorund 65 mph and got just over 20 mpg. This truck only has 1200 miles on it. The mileage should only get better. I plan to add an exhaust and cold-air intake and expect even better mileage. Comfort is excellent for long hauls and it is also really quiet. I've driven a variety of trucks (Chevy and Dodge) in 11 years of contract work. Nothing else compares. I could not ask for a better truck.

I thought it would be better
By D. Hamblin on 03/17/08 10:14 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford F-150 XL 2dr Regular Cab Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.2L 6cyl 5M)

Bought the truck new. Have not had any actual "problems". The truck drives just fine. Seems like when you go over a bump the bed "moves" no noise and everything feels tight, but you can see movement. On a windy day I have to fight to get to 70 MPH. Feels liks something is pushing against me. Truck feels underpowered. Has a slight rough isle at stoplights. Dealer says it's normal, Ford has "leaned out" the motor at idle for imissions regulations. I wish I had bought the V-8. 4300 miles now. Really wish it had more power. My 1997 S-10 had more power.

Great Truck
By Greg on 03/02/08 20:24 PM (PST)

2008 Ford F-150 King Ranch 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Wonderful ride. King Ranch leather is sharp. Great ride on the highway. Handles easy in the city. Reverse sensors are a big help.

Nice!
By Fishraiser on 03/02/08 19:44 PM (PST)

2008 Ford F-150 King Ranch 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Well I only owned this truck for 2 wks but it is the nicest one yet. Great handling, good pick up, interior awesome, exterior Mahogany color is sharp .I've been driving Ford for 25 years & this is the nicest package yet! The real test will be coming up when I tow my 10K # boat.

Built Ford Tough
By FordNut1016 on 02/12/08 06:31 AM (PST)

2008 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Due to the excellent lease programs, I decided on the F-150 due to the value of the programs. I came out of a 2003 Taurus that I drove 100K+ miles without an ounce of trouble. Although it took a day or two to get used to the size, this truck has exceeded my expectations in every conceivable way. It's comofortable, it's smooth and handles beautifilly. The gas mileage of course could be better, but the trade off is excellent road manners, room for 5 and extreme comfort. The 4 X 4 is amazing in snow. Not a squeak, rattle or flaw. I love it.

Best truck made
By fordchris1486 on 12/19/07 08:33 AM (PST)

2008 Ford F-150 XL 4dr SuperCab Styleside 8 ft. LB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I've had this F-150 XL with the 5.4l engine for almost 6 months now and it has once again proved itself. I'm a general contractor for a concrete company in north Texas and I do a lot of driving. This truck gets the crap beat out of it and it just keeps asking for more. So Ford keep up the good work. I can't wait to see your 09 F- 150