Used 2008 Ford F-150 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Ford F-150

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

Transmission problems
By car624

2008 Ford F-150 Lariat 4dr SuperCab Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Have a 2008 Larit love the truck but right now its in the shop with bad transmission. Beaware I was told could be faulty parts in trans.,they said my bearings whent out messing op gears.. Then after they where replaced the value body is bad.. Running in circles with this dealer ship cant get a straight ansewer on what caused the problem. Waiting to get it back with the rebuilt transmission..

Favorite Features

Seats and backup camra

Suggested Improvements

Gas milage and put a diesel in one..

Basic truck
By jpotter

2008 Ford F-150 XL 2dr Regular Cab 4WD Styleside 8 ft. LB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I was looking for my first truck not car. I knew I wanted a real vehicle. This is it. Good power. Below average gas mileage was expected. About 15-17 city and 22-25 highway. The 4.6l V8 has plenty of power. The only thing I regret about getting this truck is I did not get it in 4x4 only because I could not afford it. The msrp was 21,000 I got it for 16,000. I very strongly reccomend this truck

Favorite Features

V8, basic interior, indestructable

Suggested Improvements

Get a cold air intake for more power and fuel efficency.

Super Truck Awesome value!!
By willy47

2008 Ford F-150 XL 2dr Regular Cab Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.2L 6cyl 5M)

I had promised myself that I wouldn't buy another American made car (truck). Capital Ford in Raleigh, NC ran an ad at a price I couldn't pass up. After a rocky start on the price negotiations my salesman, (Martin Clark) went above and beyond the call duty, he got the owner of the company involved! The owner showed me the truck and the features and assigned his personal assistant to deal with me if I had any problems. (I was told that never happens). I bought the truck with no test drives and have had no complaints. The folks at Capital Ford are as nice as they can be. From what I can tell, they lost money on the deal, even then they are as nice as they can be.

Favorite Features

The 4.2L engine and 5 spd manual are awesome, with 9,000 miles on it I drove to Wisconsin from North Carolina and averaged 19.6 mpg at 70-80mph. With a 1200 lb load I averaged 18.6 mpg at 70-80 mph on the flat and 17.6 on the WV turnpike. Same speed. I can control the rpms which helps the mpg a lot.

Suggested Improvements

Offer a manual transmission with the V- 8's, a diesel with manual trans. Quality of this truck is right up there with Honda (we have owned a lot of them!).

Does what you need it to without issue
By Joe

2008 Ford F-150 XL 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Bought this to replace a leased '06 GMC Sierra (family works @ Ford dealer). Very good truck without much issues, only 3 problems that were fixed and not re-occurring...1 the hood latch and release broke..2 radio button stuck..3 door sill tab broke. Rides very well, has decent acceleration (with 3.73 gears) for size of truck, interior laid out well - minor gripe outer edge of radio a little out of easy reach, brakes haul this heavy truck down well, but its a very nice packaged vehicle. Have the extended trailer mirrors which work very well in multi-lane traffic, practically no blind spots. One weird thing, the cruise control is optional (which mine doesn't have) it should have been included.

Favorite Features

Trailer mirrors, 4wd, 4-wheel ABS DISC brakes (sadly Chevy & GMC have drums on rear 1/2 tons), lockable tailgate, tow hooks and excellent trailer tow package that includes both typical trailer electric plugs - no adapters needed.

Suggested Improvements

Bring the center stack a little closer to driver for easier access, psgr seat airbag sensor is too sensitive, cruise should be standard with power windows, mirrors & locks. Of course, gas mileage can always be improved.

good buy
By raygu

2008 Ford F-150 XL 2dr Regular Cab Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.2L 6cyl 5M)

I would buy this truck again! I bouhgt this truck new in northen Canada for 17554.00 on the road. No trouble with 100248 klm or 62000 miles. the reviews back up the truck !