Used 2008 Ford F-150 Consumer Reviews - 66 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Ford F-150 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

Most Reliable 1/2 ton V8 out there
By Reginhild

2008 Ford F-150 FX4 4dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Very pleased with my F-150 FX4 Crew Cab. The dealer was great to work with and provided a great deal in addition to Ford's great rebates. I picked the F-150 in part because Consumer Reports rates the F-150 with V8 engine as number one of all the 1/2 ton trucks with V8 for reliability. (with the V6, Toyota edges out Ford for number 1 and Ford number 2)

FX4 Off Road features, heavy duty box frame, and body colored steel bumpers.

Light diesel option.

Built Ford Tough
By Lee L.

2008 Ford F-150 Lariat 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I've owned Dodge trucks all my life. They've been great but I wanted a change. I looked at Dodge, Ford and Chevy. I'm glad I chose the Ford. I pull an 8000lb. trailer and it handles it surprisingly well for a 1/2 ton truck. The Dodge and Chevy definitely have more "get up" but the Ford pulls very well. Interior is definitely plush and the exterior is very sharp, especially with the 20" wheels and two-tone paint. I'm very happy with the truck.

Plush leather heated seats, wood grain dash, sunroof, steering wheel audio, heat and A/C controls. Sound system is great and the back up camera is great for my wife! Help to keep the bumper straight!

Definitely could use more hp. More than the 310hp on the 2009 too. Come on 10hp more, really? Everyone else is at or around 400. Raise the height of the center console and door armrests. 6 speed trans with tow/haul mode would also be nice. Maybe A/C seats too?

Ford owner-cars and trucks
By Stoney

2008 Ford F-150 FX2 2dr Regular Cab Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

My family and sons only use Fords and that goes back more than 40 years. The F150 seems to ride better and gets better gas mileage than the posted numbers. Could be the light foot to get more miles per gallon and no major repairs I recall.

Steady ride and steering.

Lower the costs and get greener.

New but liking it
By dunc

2008 Ford F-150 Limited 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Still new but I like the look and feel of this truck. Towed the snowmobiles and hauled them fine. Doesn't have the get up and go like my old Titan, but the Titan was proving to be a repair nightmare and seemed like something was always wrong with it.

The chrome package makes the truck look great inside and out. Having the crew cab has been helpful, especially with the kids. Love the look and styling.

Gas mileage is OK for a truck, still better than my old Titan. Maybe put a 5 speed transmission in to improve on this. The ipod outlet is in a weird spot. The cloth interior is very much like the Titan which I found to be very stain friendly.

Pleasantly surprised
By TXRUNFX4

2008 Ford F-150 FX4 4dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

After having exceptional luck with my first F150 (98 4x4 that is still going strong), as well as after test driving a Tundra, Silverado, and Dodge, I decided to get another F150. I went with a fully loaded, every option (minus sunroof) 08 FX4 as I didn't see enough difference in 09 to warrant the extra $ for the 09. I've read some reviews about poor power, and I've always felt the F150 lacked the "get up and go" of the Chevy, but I've been very surprised that this truck has loads of power and very nice throttle response. The interior (black leather) is really nice and the truck is super quiet. Very comfortable, great power, very solid! Other trucks were nice, but I'm glad I got the FX4.

Power, throttle response, exceptional interior styling and comfort, very quiet cabin, solid build quality, back-up camera with trailer hitch line-up is great, memory/heated seats, air/radio controls on steering wheel.

Not a huge fan of the Pirelli Scorpion 20" tires, the fuel economy isn't much improved over my 11yr old F150 4x4, but it's a heavy truck and I'll take the build quality every time.