Used 2008 Ford F-150 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Ford F-150

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

Back to Ford Again
By Casper

2008 Ford F-150 Lariat 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

My 2008 F150 Supercrew is a a joy to drive. I owned a 2006 Infiniti G35 and to be honest with you I am glad to have my F150. The seats are excellent and the cabin layout. Would not buy any other truck but a Ford. The Ford looks better than any other truck on the market.

Favorite Features

The room inside the cabin, sitting up high again and the quality of the fit and finish. The back up camera is excellent

Suggested Improvements

Better gas mileage but again it is a truck and a 4X4. More power to compete with Chevy, Dodge and Toyota.

2008 King Ranch F150 poorest KR yet
By Earl Tooke

2008 Ford F-150 King Ranch 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

This is my seventh new Ford since 1993, and my third King Ranch truck. While the quiet and smoothness of this ride are the very highest yet, the seats are absolutely the most uncomfortable I've ever experienced, much like sitting in a metal folding chair. The handling is excellent both in town and on the highway. The sound system is AWEsome, and the reliability is...Ford...change the oil every 5k miles and get a new battery every other year and follow the scheduled maintenance program, and the vehicle will never fail you. My 2005 F250 is still in the family!

Favorite Features

The stereo is excellent. The buttons on the steering wheel, dash, and drivers seat are all the most drive- friendly yet on a ford vehicle. You don't have to 'look' to push.

Suggested Improvements

Hard seats. The seams where the leather sections are put together are so hard that my thigh feels bruised every morning when I get to work. This is the poorest seat design of any Ford I've ever driven.

Most Reliable 1/2 ton V8 out there
By Reginhild

2008 Ford F-150 FX4 4dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Very pleased with my F-150 FX4 Crew Cab. The dealer was great to work with and provided a great deal in addition to Ford's great rebates. I picked the F-150 in part because Consumer Reports rates the F-150 with V8 engine as number one of all the 1/2 ton trucks with V8 for reliability. (with the V6, Toyota edges out Ford for number 1 and Ford number 2)

Favorite Features

FX4 Off Road features, heavy duty box frame, and body colored steel bumpers.

Suggested Improvements

Light diesel option.

Built Ford Tough
By Lee L.

2008 Ford F-150 Lariat 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I've owned Dodge trucks all my life. They've been great but I wanted a change. I looked at Dodge, Ford and Chevy. I'm glad I chose the Ford. I pull an 8000lb. trailer and it handles it surprisingly well for a 1/2 ton truck. The Dodge and Chevy definitely have more "get up" but the Ford pulls very well. Interior is definitely plush and the exterior is very sharp, especially with the 20" wheels and two-tone paint. I'm very happy with the truck.

Favorite Features

Plush leather heated seats, wood grain dash, sunroof, steering wheel audio, heat and A/C controls. Sound system is great and the back up camera is great for my wife! Help to keep the bumper straight!

Suggested Improvements

Definitely could use more hp. More than the 310hp on the 2009 too. Come on 10hp more, really? Everyone else is at or around 400. Raise the height of the center console and door armrests. 6 speed trans with tow/haul mode would also be nice. Maybe A/C seats too?

Ford owner-cars and trucks
By Stoney

2008 Ford F-150 FX2 2dr Regular Cab Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

My family and sons only use Fords and that goes back more than 40 years. The F150 seems to ride better and gets better gas mileage than the posted numbers. Could be the light foot to get more miles per gallon and no major repairs I recall.

Favorite Features

Steady ride and steering.

Suggested Improvements

Lower the costs and get greener.