2008 Ford F-150 Consumer Reviews 5

2008 Ford F-150 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:
Great truck
By sapper on 08/05/08 19:22 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford F-150 King Ranch 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Beautiful truck for 32,500.† I wanted a working truck and wanted another 4x4 Lariat, the king ranch was the same price as my 7 yr old Lariat.

Disappointed
By FL on 08/03/08 20:16 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford F-150 FX2 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This is my third Ford and I am somewhat disappointed. The truck itself is beautiful and stylish. The ride is smooth and the interior is the best Iíve ever seen in a truck. The truck also does what it was designed to do. However the truck does not perform well on the freeway. The 4.6L V-8 engine is not powerful enough for a vehicle this size. When I press the accelerator there is almost no response. Its like the engine is telling me I going to take my sweet time getting on the freeway and if I feel like it I may pass this vehicle. Iím not a speed demon, but I expect my vehicles to respond. Overall itís a nice truck.

The best investment ever
By countryboy on 06/30/08 20:11 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

An XLT crew cab 4x4 5.5ft box and a 5.4L ffv. which tows my 4500lb John Deere tractor and a 2000lb car trailer and has no problem doing it and also tows my grandfathers 16ft hilo camper. The ride is much better then my uncle's 2007 Tundra and better the my grandpa's 2003 Dodge Ram. So if you're looking for a good truck that can haul a family or almost anything you can tow.

Love my truck
By chrisma on 06/19/08 13:00 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford F-150 STX 2dr Regular Cab 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I've owned this STX for 2 months now. I drive it on interstates, secondary roads, and use it off road for farm work. It rides very smooth. Gets OK gas mileage if you drive slower. (17 MPG). I like the cargo doors compared to not having them on my previous F-150 standard cab. Ample power when hauling weight. Nice truck.

Loving It
By Jim on 05/22/08 10:42 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford F-150 FX4 4dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I have driven many differnet trucks but I always come back to Ford, man they did an outstanding job with this truck, 300 HP is plenty for anyone that knows trucks, 365 torque is where it's at. It drives awesome like driving a car, 4wd in the snow is great. Think this maybe my last truck for some years to come, very happy

Base model is a great value
By Jim on 05/16/08 20:54 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford F-150 XL 2dr Regular Cab Styleside 8 ft. LB (4.2L 6cyl 5M)

Truck seems very sturdy and strong. Drives easily and smoothly. Quiet except for slight wind noise around small rear doors and only when very windy outside. This truck w/o all the costly bells and whistles is exactly what we wanted -- i.e. it cost less than many high mileage used trucks we looked at, is very comfortable, has the long bed with high sides, and has some storage space behind seat. Also, seats can be reclined slightly.

Easy Choice for New Truck...Ford is #1
By Cole on 05/16/08 14:24 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford F-150 Lariat 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

The styling, the comfort, the handling, the ride, the sound system, the power is all perfect for a pickup. I test drove Chevy's, Dodge's, and the Toyota and the Ford beat them out every time! Best truck by far! The GM products don't even compare in the looks/trim department; the Toyota is very cheap looking, and the Dodge wasn't even close to the other three in any category! I spent lots of time driving all of these trucks and easily a simple decision. When it comes to value, comfort, appearance, ride, it's hands down the F150. Plus my wife looks great standing next to it!

Upgrade
By RajunCajun on 05/13/08 14:34 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford F-150 FX2 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I switched from a 2 door Dodge and love my new Ford FX2. It gets a lot of looks and is fun to drive. The ride is quiet even at highway speeds and much smoother than my Dodge. Like the idea of having a 5.4 flex fuel but don't really have to many flex fuel stations.

Best truck on the market
By Nor-Cal on 05/05/08 16:13 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford F-150 FX4 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

This is my 2nd F-150 and 3rd Ford overall. I have to say that none of my Fords have ever let me down. I only have 2,500 miles on this truck but has had no issues whatsoever. This truck has all the power I need, as well as all the creature comforts. I also love the styling and gas mileage isn't bad for a 4x4 1/2 ton truck with a 3:73 rear end. I looked at all trucks but the Ford's value, reputation, and comfort won me over hands down. I would recommend the F-150 to anyone who wants a tough truck which can tackle any job. Definately not my last F-150!

Replaced my diesel
By JM on 04/26/08 21:41 PM (PDT)

Bought this truck to replace my 2008 6.4L diesel,which was nice,but did not fit my current needs as a daily driver. Current truck is KR F-150, fully-optioned. I have been impressed. Runs well, a little short on power, but really smooth and still torquey 5.4L engine. Frame and overall build integrity is very strong. Have tested and/or driven most of the competition and still,to me,Ford has the top overall offering for reliability and "truck performance." Still looks good; has stayed fresh in styling. Some minor assembly issues which are being remedied at dealer; nothing major here. Not a diesel when towing but a great daily driver. Mileage acceptable at 16.5 combined--better than expected.