Used 2008 Ford F-150 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Ford F-150 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

Super Truck Awesome value!!
By willy47

2008 Ford F-150 XL 2dr Regular Cab Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.2L 6cyl 5M)

I had promised myself that I wouldn't buy another American made car (truck). Capital Ford in Raleigh, NC ran an ad at a price I couldn't pass up. After a rocky start on the price negotiations my salesman, (Martin Clark) went above and beyond the call duty, he got the owner of the company involved! The owner showed me the truck and the features and assigned his personal assistant to deal with me if I had any problems. (I was told that never happens). I bought the truck with no test drives and have had no complaints. The folks at Capital Ford are as nice as they can be. From what I can tell, they lost money on the deal, even then they are as nice as they can be.

Favorite Features

The 4.2L engine and 5 spd manual are awesome, with 9,000 miles on it I drove to Wisconsin from North Carolina and averaged 19.6 mpg at 70-80mph. With a 1200 lb load I averaged 18.6 mpg at 70-80 mph on the flat and 17.6 on the WV turnpike. Same speed. I can control the rpms which helps the mpg a lot.

Suggested Improvements

Offer a manual transmission with the V- 8's, a diesel with manual trans. Quality of this truck is right up there with Honda (we have owned a lot of them!).

Small things make a truck
By go99

2008 Ford F-150 60th Anniversary 4dr SuperCrew 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I have owned my limited 60th edition now for almost a year. I do really enjoy the truck but have a few complaints. First is the "clicking" that comes from the steering column when letting go of the brake. Truck is super quiet and they put in something like this! I would not purchase another truck with this noise. Second is the 60th does not come with the simple windshield wash low warning indicator. Just does not have one. Good truck but I might consider the decision to go 60th again and stick to the regular edition.

Favorite Features

Style, color and interior space.

Suggested Improvements

Brake pedal noise, windshield was indicator, remote access keypad

6 Months and Perfection
By Tex77

2008 Ford F-150 XL 2dr Regular Cab Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.2L 6cyl 5M)

So far a great truck. Purchased when fuel was over 4dollars/gal and when 09's were coming end= what a deal!! Chrome, cruise, automatic for 11K :). Love the truck, not a single problem.

Favorite Features

NO problems yet!! Drives great, Looks same, Pulls the trailer just fine. Interior is basic but nice. Lots of storage behind seats. ( I put bins there)

Suggested Improvements

Steering wheel needs to be a little smaller diameter. Seats could use more padding.

2008 Ford F150
By KatDaddy

2008 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

To Whom It May Concern: RE: 2008 Ford F150 Supercrew (Vibration start at 55/60 mph) We purchased this truck February 17, 2009 without a test drive. On Saturday, February 21, 2009, took truck for the vibration to Classic Ford, sat for 4 hours, then was told to come back Friday, February 27. On that day, Friday, 2/27, they “road forced” balanced the tires and was there for 5 ˝ hours. Went back on March 3, 2009, they told me they put 4 different, new tires on the truck and balanced them and was there for 7 ˝ hours more. Went back on March 6, 2009, they “re-balanced” my tires and told to come back Monday, March 9, 2009..that day, they “forced balanced” the tires again. Then I was told o

Favorite Features

Love the looks of the truck..

Suggested Improvements

Repair whatever the problem is to stop the vibration..

My best Truck 4.6 v8 stx supercrew 4x4
By chris short

2008 Ford F-150 STX 4dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I got this truck last august from my father for never getting in trouble with the law. I drive gravel everyday because my driveway is 1 mile straight gravel. The suspension handles very well on the gravel as well as on the road. My rear glass shakes a little when i hit a sharp bump though. I am glad i got the 4.6 because i picked up fuel economy compared to my dads 5.4. It has plenty of power to pull my supercrew 4x4. I have had no problems in my first 9000 miles. I hope it keeps up the only thing im doing is lifting the front end to level and adding dual exaust and maybe a cold air intake.

Favorite Features

4x4, limited slip rearend, ride quality on road, interior room, and last its a ford

Suggested Improvements

lift the front end so its almost level but not quite, 6 speed tranny