Used 2008 Ford F-150 Consumer Reviews - 66 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Ford F-150 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

Little issues, Great truck
By Wade

2008 Ford F-150 FX4 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I have had this truck since January 08. The power is deceiving. I hauled my 600 pound bike from Texas to Wyoming without ever feeling the weight. The truck just towed away. The little issues I have are the wiper cowel coming off for the 5th time, shake in the steering wheel above 50mph, rattle in the dash, and a strange vibration that happens sporadically. Had all of these issues addressed at the dealer. They continue to irritate me. For such a great driving truck, Ford should really adress these issues. It is my understanding that these are fixed for the new 2009 model.

Sweet interior, 4 wheel drive, 6 disk changer, MP3 campatability, iPod input, pulling power.

Fix the cowl!

So Good So Far
By ATL2059

2008 Ford F-150 Lariat 4dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I bought the truck back in January and it has done well overall. Other than the the tailgate trim piece coming off on one end that was replaced under warranty, it has held up well. The truck drives well and the fuel economy is what should be expected from it. 15 in the city 18 to 19 on the Hwy. The power of the 5.4 is there but it is geared low. It won't be the first one off the line but it will cruise comfortably at 80 no problem. Overall it has been good so far and i hope it will continue to do so.

4x4, Huge Console, Line in, road noise quiet in the cab, Steering wheel controls

More power, bluetooth, fix the tailgate, LED lights.

A GREAT Deal!!!!
By depch

2008 Ford F-150 Limited 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this car June 30, 2008, the last day of the month. If you buy on the last day they really deal so as to build the monthly sales figures. Bought an 08' Lariat Supercrew with every option except DVD. Was a manufacturer's vehicle w/4100 miles. Boy did they deal. Threw in everything except the kitchen sink and sold it below trade-in value. My ONLY complaint is the sluggishness when accelerating from a light and the gas mileage. My last truck was 12 years old (I keep them for a while) with a bigger engine and better gas mileage. I'll probably put straight pipes, performance muffler, and a cold air exchange on this one as I did with the last and watch the milaege improve. Great Truck!

The interior, the body style, rear camera, backup sensors.

Five or six speed transmission to improve the sluggish take off.

Super Truck Awesome value!!
By willy47

2008 Ford F-150 XL 2dr Regular Cab Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.2L 6cyl 5M)

I had promised myself that I wouldn't buy another American made car (truck). Capital Ford in Raleigh, NC ran an ad at a price I couldn't pass up. After a rocky start on the price negotiations my salesman, (Martin Clark) went above and beyond the call duty, he got the owner of the company involved! The owner showed me the truck and the features and assigned his personal assistant to deal with me if I had any problems. (I was told that never happens). I bought the truck with no test drives and have had no complaints. The folks at Capital Ford are as nice as they can be. From what I can tell, they lost money on the deal, even then they are as nice as they can be.

The 4.2L engine and 5 spd manual are awesome, with 9,000 miles on it I drove to Wisconsin from North Carolina and averaged 19.6 mpg at 70-80mph. With a 1200 lb load I averaged 18.6 mpg at 70-80 mph on the flat and 17.6 on the WV turnpike. Same speed. I can control the rpms which helps the mpg a lot.

Offer a manual transmission with the V- 8's, a diesel with manual trans. Quality of this truck is right up there with Honda (we have owned a lot of them!).

Small things make a truck
By go99

2008 Ford F-150 60th Anniversary 4dr SuperCrew 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I have owned my limited 60th edition now for almost a year. I do really enjoy the truck but have a few complaints. First is the "clicking" that comes from the steering column when letting go of the brake. Truck is super quiet and they put in something like this! I would not purchase another truck with this noise. Second is the 60th does not come with the simple windshield wash low warning indicator. Just does not have one. Good truck but I might consider the decision to go 60th again and stick to the regular edition.

Style, color and interior space.

Brake pedal noise, windshield was indicator, remote access keypad