2008 Ford F-150 Consumer Reviews 4

2008 Ford F-150 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:
2nd F-150 4x4 and very pleased
By texas35 on 12/22/08 08:10 AM (PST)

2008 Ford F-150 FX4 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I have a 1998 F-150 4x4 off-road XLT that has over 200,000 miles on it. Considering the only non-preventive maint. I've ever done was an alternator change, I bought a new 08 FX4. It has every option except for sunroof (much fancier than my older one). I am very impressed with this new truck. I hear some complaints on power, but I feel like the truck has great power and excellent throttle response. The interior is very nice and extremely comfy. My favorite thing is that it is super quiet, even with the 20" wheels, I am amazed at the lack of road noise. These are the only two F-150s I've ever had, but based on my old one and how it's performed over 11 yrs and this new one, I'll continue to buy

Good Bang for the Buck
By K.Bomb on 11/27/08 06:15 AM (PST)

2008 Ford F-150 Limited 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I road tested several trucks, and liked the Chevrolet, but after driving the Ford truck, I was sold!!! Great ride quality, nice interior, attractive exterior, smooth handling. Glad I opted for the bigger 5.4 engine!

Awesome Truck!
By Walker on 11/27/08 01:36 AM (PST)

2008 Ford F-150 Limited 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

The Limited Edition F-150 is my first truck and I am absolutely amazed with it. It has no upgrades except the BF Goodrich All Terrain Tires. In my opinion it is very tough. I have used it to climb very steep mud and dirt hills with no problems at all, and almost completely submerged my engine in muddy water and it continues to preform. I have pulled other trucks out of deep that I was able to get through with ease. I would not trade this truck for anything... well maybe the 2009 Edition but that is it. I love my Ford.

Great Truck
By Mechanic on 11/20/08 22:29 PM (PST)

2008 Ford F-150 XL 2dr Regular Cab Styleside 8 ft. LB (4.2L 6cyl 5M)

I have the XL with the XL decor group and auto transmission, limited slip rear end and sliding rear glass. This is the perfect base truck. It is well built and designed, and rides like a cadillac. Gas mileage in town has been as high as 19 which is as good as the Hyundai Accent I replaced was getting. The 10% ethanol blends have not negatively affected mileage like it seems to do with other engines. (straight gas is not available in my state) Plenty of power for a V6. Visibilty is great. The standard features and built in quality are well thought out for a truck

Reliable truck
By mandrw on 11/20/08 04:37 AM (PST)

2008 Ford F-150 STX 4dr SuperCab Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This is a good truck. I purchased the 4.6L V8 and it is underpowered. I suggest that you purchase the larger V8. The electronics should be laid out better. I often take my eyes off the road to change the radio. However, this truck is fun to drive and has a tall stature on the road. Handles well and drive more like a car than a truck. I have the split bench front seat and it is a little uncomfortable on long trips.

Well thought out truck
By burton on 11/19/08 07:52 AM (PST)

2008 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

First Ford truck I have owned, 4 Chevys previously. Had Ford a short time but am very impressed with the small things compared to Chevy. cup holder on dash, cruise on wheel, power package for base truck (windows,doors, mirrors), light weight tailgate, bed light comes on automaticly, side running boards.

Ford forever
By chuck on 10/31/08 23:04 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford F-150 King Ranch 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

The King Ranch surpassed my expectations with its option packages, more than my 04 Lariat. Ride is comfortable and fun to drive, power is responsive even with a half ton in the bed. Quiet interior when traveling on a variety of road surfaces

Bad Investment
By Randy on 10/19/08 19:05 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford F-150 XL 4dr SuperCab Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I acquired a F-150 for a heavy work load. Big mistake. This vehicle would be good for occasional work and commuting, but has limited capabilities. It is underpowered, loud, poor gas mileage, and unreliable. I spent a small fortune keeping this truck running. I replaced this truck as quickly as financially possible.

Wow!
By txgreek on 10/06/08 20:42 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford F-150 King Ranch 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I have owned this decked out King Ranch a while now and gotta say that I am extremely impressed with the build quality of Ford. I had a 2006 Dodge diesel 4x4 that had given me so many problems that I was really worried about getting into another American made truck. All I can say is wow!

Basic truck
By jpotter on 09/23/08 16:58 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford F-150 XL 2dr Regular Cab 4WD Styleside 8 ft. LB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I was looking for my first truck not car. I knew I wanted a real vehicle. This is it. Good power. Below average gas mileage was expected. About 15-17 city and 22-25 highway. The 4.6l V8 has plenty of power. The only thing I regret about getting this truck is I did not get it in 4x4 only because I could not afford it. The msrp was 21,000 I got it for 16,000. I very strongly reccomend this truck