Used 2008 Ford F-150 SuperCab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Ford F-150 SuperCab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

My best Truck 4.6 v8 stx supercrew 4x4
By chris short

2008 Ford F-150 SuperCab STX 4dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I got this truck last august from my father for never getting in trouble with the law. I drive gravel everyday because my driveway is 1 mile straight gravel. The suspension handles very well on the gravel as well as on the road. My rear glass shakes a little when i hit a sharp bump though. I am glad i got the 4.6 because i picked up fuel economy compared to my dads 5.4. It has plenty of power to pull my supercrew 4x4. I have had no problems in my first 9000 miles. I hope it keeps up the only thing im doing is lifting the front end to level and adding dual exaust and maybe a cold air intake.

4x4, limited slip rearend, ride quality on road, interior room, and last its a ford

lift the front end so its almost level but not quite, 6 speed tranny

Most Reliable 1/2 ton V8 out there
By Reginhild

2008 Ford F-150 SuperCab FX4 4dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Very pleased with my F-150 FX4 Crew Cab. The dealer was great to work with and provided a great deal in addition to Ford's great rebates. I picked the F-150 in part because Consumer Reports rates the F-150 with V8 engine as number one of all the 1/2 ton trucks with V8 for reliability. (with the V6, Toyota edges out Ford for number 1 and Ford number 2)

FX4 Off Road features, heavy duty box frame, and body colored steel bumpers.

Light diesel option.

Pleasantly surprised
By TXRUNFX4

After having exceptional luck with my first F150 (98 4x4 that is still going strong), as well as after test driving a Tundra, Silverado, and Dodge, I decided to get another F150. I went with a fully loaded, every option (minus sunroof) 08 FX4 as I didn't see enough difference in 09 to warrant the extra $ for the 09. I've read some reviews about poor power, and I've always felt the F150 lacked the "get up and go" of the Chevy, but I've been very surprised that this truck has loads of power and very nice throttle response. The interior (black leather) is really nice and the truck is super quiet. Very comfortable, great power, very solid! Other trucks were nice, but I'm glad I got the FX4.

Power, throttle response, exceptional interior styling and comfort, very quiet cabin, solid build quality, back-up camera with trailer hitch line-up is great, memory/heated seats, air/radio controls on steering wheel.

Not a huge fan of the Pirelli Scorpion 20" tires, the fuel economy isn't much improved over my 11yr old F150 4x4, but it's a heavy truck and I'll take the build quality every time.

Outstanding
By JOG

2008 Ford F-150 SuperCab FX2 4dr SuperCab Flareside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Well my first truck was a 2008 Toyota Tundra with the 5.7 liter, 381hp, I traded the Tundra in for a 2008 FX2 F- 150 SuperCab 4.6liter, the Ford by far in my oppinion is the better truck, I love the smooth quiet ride, steering, the leather captains chair, Ford has been making trucks a lot longer than Toyota, Ford knows how to build a reliable truck, I paid $24,000.00 for a truck that MSRP at $34,500 and it is loaded, Thank God for Ford. Long live Ford trucks. God bless America!

20" wheels, smooth quiet ride, audiophile stereo, captains chair, overall look, very aggressive loking.

None

Reliable truck
By mandrw

2008 Ford F-150 SuperCab STX 4dr SuperCab Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This is a good truck. I purchased the 4.6L V8 and it is underpowered. I suggest that you purchase the larger V8. The electronics should be laid out better. I often take my eyes off the road to change the radio. However, this truck is fun to drive and has a tall stature on the road. Handles well and drive more like a car than a truck. I have the split bench front seat and it is a little uncomfortable on long trips.

Cruise control is easy to use. Steering is tight and braking is good. Lights provide good view inside and out.

Redesign the dash to make more user friendly. Improve comfoft in the front seat.