2008 Ford F-150 XL SuperCab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

Sort Reviews by

Bad Investment
By Randy

2008 Ford F-150 SuperCab XL 4dr SuperCab Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I acquired a F-150 for a heavy work load. Big mistake. This vehicle would be good for occasional work and commuting, but has limited capabilities. It is underpowered, loud, poor gas mileage, and unreliable. I spent a small fortune keeping this truck running. I replaced this truck as quickly as financially possible.

Favorite Features

Very nice ride for commuting. Nice interior styling.

Suggested Improvements

Poor fit and finish. This truck is not built for heavy work loads. Opt for the F-250 or F-350 if you are using this to make a living.

Loving It
By Jim

2008 Ford F-150 SuperCab FX4 4dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I have driven many differnet trucks but I always come back to Ford, man they did an outstanding job with this truck, 300 HP is plenty for anyone that knows trucks, 365 torque is where it's at. It drives awesome like driving a car, 4wd in the snow is great. Think this maybe my last truck for some years to come, very happy

Favorite Features

Sirius radio, FX4 package, comfortable seating for 5

Suggested Improvements

Radio steering controls, would like to see navigation standard on FX4 package, 6 speed transmission.

Great Truck
By Fred

2008 Ford F-150 SuperCab FX4 4dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

This truck has exceeded my expectations in every catagory. I just took a long trip across PA aorund 65 mph and got just over 20 mpg. This truck only has 1200 miles on it. The mileage should only get better. I plan to add an exhaust and cold-air intake and expect even better mileage. Comfort is excellent for long hauls and it is also really quiet. I've driven a variety of trucks (Chevy and Dodge) in 11 years of contract work. Nothing else compares. I could not ask for a better truck.

Favorite Features

The size is perfect for me. The strong frame and overall construction is what I am most attracted to. Great for a family man's peace of mind. Low-end torque is the best in the business and plenty of horsepower for anyone who actually knows real-world trucks.

Suggested Improvements

Should come with a bed-liner standard. Otherwise, my wife and I can't think of of any needed improvements. Again, if you know trucks, this truck is all you would normally ever need.

Best truck made
By fordchris1486

2008 Ford F-150 SuperCab XL 4dr SuperCab Styleside 8 ft. LB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I've had this F-150 XL with the 5.4l engine for almost 6 months now and it has once again proved itself. I'm a general contractor for a concrete company in north Texas and I do a lot of driving. This truck gets the crap beat out of it and it just keeps asking for more. So Ford keep up the good work. I can't wait to see your 09 F- 150

Favorite Features

Plenty of storage

Suggested Improvements

The model with the power package for the XL has cloth floors. Possibly add vinyl floor option for people like me that all the power and all without the cloth