Used 2008 Ford F-150 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Ford F-150

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

Great Buy!
By ntimd8t

2008 Ford F-150 XL 2dr Regular Cab Styleside 8 ft. LB (4.2L 6cyl 5M)

Searched the competition and found nobody else offers a no frills v-6 for under 25k. Before trade purchase price was 11,200. I use it as a truck and couldn't justify 35k for a glorified sedan with a bed attached. have the 3.55 rear with towing package. Installed 06 mustang mach 500 stereo with 6 disc in dash and Sirius. Chrome bumpers were there as truck was an order that was canceled. I am thoroughly happy with my purchase after doing research and finding the 4.2 to be the most problem free motor for the complete run of the new body style 04-08 a feat that has never been achieved by anyone else.. Adding items to dress up as i want is still cheaper than a higher level model

Favorite Features

comfort of cab. i'm a big guy. and fit well. handling is great for a large truck. turn radius is expected with length. bed capacity is outstanding. haul a lot more with no body drop as seen in family's tundra with less weight in bed. build quality and body design..

Suggested Improvements

better looking grille than 6-bar on xl package. chrome wheels should be standard. more features but hey i got what i paid for and then some.. cruise and different cluster should have been standard with at least cd player but it was a easy plug and play switch. have cruise and xlt cluster now!

Just Bought Used
By Rob

2008 Ford F-150 FX4 4dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I recently purchased my F150, and I love it. I got for the purpose of towing a pop up trailer, and I could not even tell it was attached. One area where I might have researched more is gear ratios. I noticed some F150s had more torque. I am fine with the lower torque gears as I am not as prone to squealing my tires. I am not sure about any benefit in gas mileage. It is a truck, what would you expect? I have also added Thule bed racks so I can bring my kayaks along where ever I go.

Favorite Features

The ride is extremely smooth. I also enjoy the power sunroof and power sliding rear window.

Suggested Improvements

Add bed racks as a standard feature on short bed trucks.

Trust Ford Trucks
By Gil

2008 Ford F-150 King Ranch 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I love my truck, rides great. Love the Navigation system, back up camera,Sound system. heated seats & mirrors. Love the leather seats. Only problem that I have with my f-150 King Ranch 4x4 truck is fuel mileage could be better. I get 11 mpg around town and 17-18 mpg on the road. I have owned Ford products all my life. You can always trust ford for making great cars and trucks.

Favorite Features

Back up camera, Navigation system, Heated seats and mirrors, moon roof, sound system, leather seats.

Suggested Improvements

Improve fuel mileage.

front brake problems
By thebolt

2008 Ford F-150 FX4 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

truck developed a front end shake with 2000 miles. dealer cut the rotors. at 25000 miles needed front brakes and rotors.at 36000 miles needed rear brakes and rotors. now at 49000 miles front end is shaking like crazy. I am sure I need new front rotors.

Suggested Improvements

thicker brake rotors.

Does what you need it to without issue
By Joe

2008 Ford F-150 XL 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Bought this to replace a leased '06 GMC Sierra (family works @ Ford dealer). Very good truck without much issues, only 3 problems that were fixed and not re-occurring...1 the hood latch and release broke..2 radio button stuck..3 door sill tab broke. Rides very well, has decent acceleration (with 3.73 gears) for size of truck, interior laid out well - minor gripe outer edge of radio a little out of easy reach, brakes haul this heavy truck down well, but its a very nice packaged vehicle. Have the extended trailer mirrors which work very well in multi-lane traffic, practically no blind spots. One weird thing, the cruise control is optional (which mine doesn't have) it should have been included.

Favorite Features

Trailer mirrors, 4wd, 4-wheel ABS DISC brakes (sadly Chevy & GMC have drums on rear 1/2 tons), lockable tailgate, tow hooks and excellent trailer tow package that includes both typical trailer electric plugs - no adapters needed.

Suggested Improvements

Bring the center stack a little closer to driver for easier access, psgr seat airbag sensor is too sensitive, cruise should be standard with power windows, mirrors & locks. Of course, gas mileage can always be improved.