Used 2008 Ford F-150 Consumer Reviews - 66 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Ford F-150

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

Straight Forward and Honest Review
By bigcntry

2008 Ford F-150 STX 4dr SuperCab Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I purchased my SuperCab STX approx. 1 yr ago.
The truck had 15k miles on it when I bought it, and it now has 41k miles logged.
I have owned 4 Ford trucks in the past, and all were very good except for 1 lemon (1994 Ford Bronco).
I traded in a Honda Civic that I was driving as a commuter car ----- couldnt stand it.
I felt like i was wearing panties or something.
Im a country boy and I had to get back in a truck.
My 2008 F150 has taken us on 3 long trips and I also drive it on a 60 mile commute to work.
I had to have the actuator motor replaced (AC part) and my Ford logo on the front grill (peeling) replaced, both covered under warranty.
Other than that, this truck has been flawless.

Very smooth ride, solid build, gas mileage for a big truck (avg about 18 mpg), and good stock speakers. 4.6 liter engine has been around a while ---- tried and true --- and I expect it to last a very long time. BUILT FORD TOUGH!

The only thing I dont like about this truck is it doesnt have side airbags....the new ones do. I haul my little boy around in it alot and that would have been a nice feature to have. Other than that, not a thing.

good buy
By raygu

2008 Ford F-150 XL 2dr Regular Cab Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.2L 6cyl 5M)

I would buy this truck again! I bouhgt this truck new in northen Canada for 17554.00 on the road. No trouble with 100248 klm or 62000 miles.
the reviews back up the truck !

TRUE FORD QUALITY
By ford_guy1

2008 Ford F-150 Lariat 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I had a 1998 F150 with the 4.6 engine and ext cab. It was an excellent truck. I absolutely never had any problems with the 1998. in 2008 I bought the F150 Lariat 4X4 with crew cab. I love this truck! I got a great end of the year deal on it and the truck has been wonderful. Ford dealerships take care of their customers. I upgraded the wheels to 20" chrome wheels, duel exhaust and matching rear fiberglass shell. I get tons of compliments and I love my truck. Test drove the Tundra and found it very nice with lots of power. I still preferred the quality, comfort and ride of the Ford.

Style, ride, comfort, power seats, heated seats, and quality

More horsepower to match the competitors. Still adequate for the job.

Great Buy!
By ntimd8t

2008 Ford F-150 XL 2dr Regular Cab Styleside 8 ft. LB (4.2L 6cyl 5M)

Searched the competition and found nobody else offers a no frills v-6 for under 25k. Before trade purchase price was 11,200. I use it as a truck and couldn't justify 35k for a glorified sedan with a bed attached. have the 3.55 rear with towing package. Installed 06 mustang mach 500 stereo with 6 disc in dash and Sirius. Chrome bumpers were there as truck was an order that was canceled. I am thoroughly happy with my purchase after doing research and finding the 4.2 to be the most problem free motor for the complete run of the new body style 04-08 a feat that has never been achieved by anyone else.. Adding items to dress up as i want is still cheaper than a higher level model

comfort of cab. i'm a big guy. and fit well. handling is great for a large truck. turn radius is expected with length. bed capacity is outstanding. haul a lot more with no body drop as seen in family's tundra with less weight in bed. build quality and body design..

better looking grille than 6-bar on xl package. chrome wheels should be standard. more features but hey i got what i paid for and then some.. cruise and different cluster should have been standard with at least cd player but it was a easy plug and play switch. have cruise and xlt cluster now!

Just Bought Used
By Rob

2008 Ford F-150 FX4 4dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I recently purchased my F150, and I love it. I got for the purpose of towing a pop up trailer, and I could not even tell it was attached. One area where I might have researched more is gear ratios. I noticed some F150s had more torque. I am fine with the lower torque gears as I am not as prone to squealing my tires. I am not sure about any benefit in gas mileage. It is a truck, what would you expect? I have also added Thule bed racks so I can bring my kayaks along where ever I go.

The ride is extremely smooth. I also enjoy the power sunroof and power sliding rear window.

Add bed racks as a standard feature on short bed trucks.