2008 Ford F-150 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:
74000 Miles & Counting
By John on 10/22/09 18:54 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

We moved to the mountians and after the first snow it was obvious that I needed a 4 X 4. We got the SuperCrew for the kids, the tow package for the trailers and I have always needed a truck. So far it has been great. Tows a 24 ft travel trailer like it is not there. Unlike some truck I have seen on the road, the body angle does not change when loaded. Comfortable and reliable. I would take a 6 speed trans but other than that the pick up is good, stable on/off road, high spped or low. It just goes. I got to work every day for the last two winter with no chains and last year we had 60 inches of snow in one storm.

Little issues, Great truck
By Wade on 10/14/09 09:38 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford F-150 FX4 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I have had this truck since January 08. The power is deceiving. I hauled my 600 pound bike from Texas to Wyoming without ever feeling the weight. The truck just towed away. The little issues I have are the wiper cowel coming off for the 5th time, shake in the steering wheel above 50mph, rattle in the dash, and a strange vibration that happens sporadically. Had all of these issues addressed at the dealer. They continue to irritate me. For such a great driving truck, Ford should really adress these issues. It is my understanding that these are fixed for the new 2009 model.

So Good So Far
By ATL2059 on 09/18/09 05:26 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford F-150 Lariat 4dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I bought the truck back in January and it has done well overall. Other than the the tailgate trim piece coming off on one end that was replaced under warranty, it has held up well. The truck drives well and the fuel economy is what should be expected from it. 15 in the city 18 to 19 on the Hwy. The power of the 5.4 is there but it is geared low. It won't be the first one off the line but it will cruise comfortably at 80 no problem. Overall it has been good so far and i hope it will continue to do so.

A GREAT Deal!!!!
By depch on 07/10/09 14:11 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford F-150 Limited 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this car June 30, 2008, the last day of the month. If you buy on the last day they really deal so as to build the monthly sales figures. Bought an 08' Lariat Supercrew with every option except DVD. Was a manufacturer's vehicle w/4100 miles. Boy did they deal. Threw in everything except the kitchen sink and sold it below trade-in value. My ONLY complaint is the sluggishness when accelerating from a light and the gas mileage. My last truck was 12 years old (I keep them for a while) with a bigger engine and better gas mileage. I'll probably put straight pipes, performance muffler, and a cold air exchange on this one as I did with the last and watch the milaege improve. Great Truck!

Super Truck Awesome value!!
By willy47 on 06/15/09 12:36 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford F-150 XL 2dr Regular Cab Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.2L 6cyl 5M)

I had promised myself that I wouldn't buy another American made car (truck). Capital Ford in Raleigh, NC ran an ad at a price I couldn't pass up. After a rocky start on the price negotiations my salesman, (Martin Clark) went above and beyond the call duty, he got the owner of the company involved! The owner showed me the truck and the features and assigned his personal assistant to deal with me if I had any problems. (I was told that never happens). I bought the truck with no test drives and have had no complaints. The folks at Capital Ford are as nice as they can be. From what I can tell, they lost money on the deal, even then they are as nice as they can be.

Small things make a truck
By go99 on 05/30/09 13:35 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford F-150 60th Anniversary 4dr SuperCrew 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I have owned my limited 60th edition now for almost a year. I do really enjoy the truck but have a few complaints. First is the "clicking" that comes from the steering column when letting go of the brake. Truck is super quiet and they put in something like this! I would not purchase another truck with this noise. Second is the 60th does not come with the simple windshield wash low warning indicator. Just does not have one. Good truck but I might consider the decision to go 60th again and stick to the regular edition.

6 Months and Perfection
By Tex77 on 05/01/09 07:09 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford F-150 XL 2dr Regular Cab Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.2L 6cyl 5M)

So far a great truck. Purchased when fuel was over 4dollars/gal and when 09's were coming end= what a deal!! Chrome, cruise, automatic for 11K :). Love the truck, not a single problem.

2008 Ford F150
By KatDaddy on 04/28/09 10:06 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

To Whom It May Concern: RE: 2008 Ford F150 Supercrew (Vibration start at 55/60 mph) We purchased this truck February 17, 2009 without a test drive. On Saturday, February 21, 2009, took truck for the vibration to Classic Ford, sat for 4 hours, then was told to come back Friday, February 27. On that day, Friday, 2/27, they “road forced” balanced the tires and was there for 5 ½ hours. Went back on March 3, 2009, they told me they put 4 different, new tires on the truck and balanced them and was there for 7 ½ hours more. Went back on March 6, 2009, they “re-balanced” my tires and told to come back Monday, March 9, 2009..that day, they “forced balanced” the tires again. Then I was told o

My best Truck 4.6 v8 stx supercrew 4x4
By chris short on 04/02/09 21:22 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford F-150 STX 4dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I got this truck last august from my father for never getting in trouble with the law. I drive gravel everyday because my driveway is 1 mile straight gravel. The suspension handles very well on the gravel as well as on the road. My rear glass shakes a little when i hit a sharp bump though. I am glad i got the 4.6 because i picked up fuel economy compared to my dads 5.4. It has plenty of power to pull my supercrew 4x4. I have had no problems in my first 9000 miles. I hope it keeps up the only thing im doing is lifting the front end to level and adding dual exaust and maybe a cold air intake.

Back to Ford Again
By Casper on 03/29/09 10:21 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford F-150 Lariat 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

My 2008 F150 Supercrew is a a joy to drive. I owned a 2006 Infiniti G35 and to be honest with you I am glad to have my F150. The seats are excellent and the cabin layout. Would not buy any other truck but a Ford. The Ford looks better than any other truck on the market.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2008 Ford F-150 in NJ is:

$219 per month*