Used 2008 Ford F-150 FX4 SuperCrew Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Ford F-150 SuperCrew

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

front brake problems
By thebolt

2008 Ford F-150 SuperCrew FX4 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

truck developed a front end shake with 2000 miles. dealer cut the rotors. at 25000 miles needed front brakes and rotors.at 36000 miles needed rear brakes and rotors. now at 49000 miles front end is shaking like crazy. I am sure I need new front rotors.

Suggested Improvements

thicker brake rotors.

Little issues, Great truck
By Wade

I have had this truck since January 08. The power is deceiving. I hauled my 600 pound bike from Texas to Wyoming without ever feeling the weight. The truck just towed away. The little issues I have are the wiper cowel coming off for the 5th time, shake in the steering wheel above 50mph, rattle in the dash, and a strange vibration that happens sporadically. Had all of these issues addressed at the dealer. They continue to irritate me. For such a great driving truck, Ford should really adress these issues. It is my understanding that these are fixed for the new 2009 model.

Favorite Features

Sweet interior, 4 wheel drive, 6 disk changer, MP3 campatability, iPod input, pulling power.

Suggested Improvements

Fix the cowl!

2nd F-150 4x4 and very pleased
By texas35

I have a 1998 F-150 4x4 off-road XLT that has over 200,000 miles on it. Considering the only non-preventive maint. I've ever done was an alternator change, I bought a new 08 FX4. It has every option except for sunroof (much fancier than my older one). I am very impressed with this new truck. I hear some complaints on power, but I feel like the truck has great power and excellent throttle response. The interior is very nice and extremely comfy. My favorite thing is that it is super quiet, even with the 20" wheels, I am amazed at the lack of road noise. These are the only two F-150s I've ever had, but based on my old one and how it's performed over 11 yrs and this new one, I'll continue to buy

Favorite Features

Interior design and comfort. Build quality. Very quiet ride, very smooth, excellent handling

Suggested Improvements

Obviously, the fuel economy isn't great, but it's a 4x4 truck, so I keep expectations realistic. Another change has been made in the new 09 by moving ipod port off the top of the dash (silly, I know).

Best truck on the market
By Nor-Cal

This is my 2nd F-150 and 3rd Ford overall. I have to say that none of my Fords have ever let me down. I only have 2,500 miles on this truck but has had no issues whatsoever. This truck has all the power I need, as well as all the creature comforts. I also love the styling and gas mileage isn't bad for a 4x4 1/2 ton truck with a 3:73 rear end. I looked at all trucks but the Ford's value, reputation, and comfort won me over hands down. I would recommend the F-150 to anyone who wants a tough truck which can tackle any job. Definately not my last F-150!

Favorite Features

The back-up camera comes in handy constantly. The audiophile sound system has great sound quality. Heated seats are great on cold mornings. I love the power and bold stying of this truck too!

Suggested Improvements

None so far.

Fun Truck
By lupal

This is a great looking truck, the best I think. That is the main reason I bought the FX4. The interior is great, has so much room in there I compare it to an SUV. Fuel economy cold be much better, and it is costly to drive these days, but as a owner of a single cab 02 V6 F150, then upgrading to this 5.4 V8, I can see that Ford did get better in its fuel economy, but hey, if you drive such a big truck, you better expect the gas to be high. I have noticed some things that i dont like about it, but all Fords at all dealerships had the problems, one being they roll back on a slope, the other being the steering wheel shakes a bit too much for my liking at speeds of about 70mph.

Favorite Features

Look of the truck, interior space is amazing.

Suggested Improvements

Big truck. Rear view mirror to me seems a bit too small, I would suggest the back up camera upgrade.