Used 2008 Ford F-150 SuperCrew Consumer Reviews - 39 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Ford F-150 SuperCrew - Consumer Reviews

2008 Ford F-150 SuperCrew

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

Great truck for working in style
By Aaron Fox

2008 Ford F-150 SuperCrew King Ranch 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Not just another F150
By jbeloff

2008 Ford F-150 SuperCrew Lariat 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I have owned a 2003 4x4 f150 extended cab since new. It was really difficult to justify what I perceived as the perfect reliable pick up truck. I did know that I always wished I had purchased a crew cab but for my construction purposes and need for the 6.5' bed. the extended cab would be fine. 8 years later it was time for a change. The newer crew cabs with the 6.5' bed were to long and therefore searched successfully for a well maintained 08 F150 Lariat (loaded enough) w/ 6.5' bed and 60k miles. I figured most reviews I read were from satified drivers with 100-200K on their trucks. Wow, if it performs anything like my 03 then I am one fortunate owner.....IT WILL!

The intereior comforts are beyond what is needed. The seats are super comfortable, guages are appropriately placed, the angular dash is a huge improvent over earlier model. The 3.73 differential is just what I need for towing. While the 20" wheels are overkill they are very attractive and glad there there. The street appeal is outstanding (white paltinum).

Not really seeing or experiencing any design flaws. I have added from my previous truck a softtopper cover for oversized storage in back bed, bed slider, and Firestone rear load leveller. Only improvement...electrical folding tow mirrors.

TRUE FORD QUALITY
By ford_guy1

I had a 1998 F150 with the 4.6 engine and ext cab. It was an excellent truck. I absolutely never had any problems with the 1998. in 2008 I bought the F150 Lariat 4X4 with crew cab. I love this truck! I got a great end of the year deal on it and the truck has been wonderful. Ford dealerships take care of their customers. I upgraded the wheels to 20" chrome wheels, duel exhaust and matching rear fiberglass shell. I get tons of compliments and I love my truck. Test drove the Tundra and found it very nice with lots of power. I still preferred the quality, comfort and ride of the Ford.

Style, ride, comfort, power seats, heated seats, and quality

More horsepower to match the competitors. Still adequate for the job.

Trust Ford Trucks
By Gil

2008 Ford F-150 SuperCrew King Ranch 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I love my truck, rides great. Love the Navigation system, back up camera,Sound system. heated seats & mirrors. Love the leather seats. Only problem that I have with my f-150 King Ranch 4x4 truck is fuel mileage could be better. I get 11 mpg around town and 17-18 mpg on the road. I have owned Ford products all my life. You can always trust ford for making great cars and trucks.

Back up camera, Navigation system, Heated seats and mirrors, moon roof, sound system, leather seats.

Improve fuel mileage.

front brake problems
By thebolt

2008 Ford F-150 SuperCrew FX4 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

truck developed a front end shake with 2000 miles. dealer cut the rotors. at 25000 miles needed front brakes and rotors.at 36000 miles needed rear brakes and rotors. now at 49000 miles front end is shaking like crazy. I am sure I need new front rotors.

thicker brake rotors.