Used 2008 Ford F-150 SuperCrew Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

Most Helpful|
Not just another F150
By jbeloff

2008 Ford F-150 SuperCrew Lariat 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I have owned a 2003 4x4 f150 extended cab since new. It was really difficult to justify what I perceived as the perfect reliable pick up truck. I did know that I always wished I had purchased a crew cab but for my construction purposes and need for the 6.5' bed. the extended cab would be fine. 8 years later it was time for a change. The newer crew cabs with the 6.5' bed were to long and therefore searched successfully for a well maintained 08 F150 Lariat (loaded enough) w/ 6.5' bed and 60k miles. I figured most reviews I read were from satified drivers with 100-200K on their trucks. Wow, if it performs anything like my 03 then I am one fortunate owner.....IT WILL!

Favorite Features

The intereior comforts are beyond what is needed. The seats are super comfortable, guages are appropriately placed, the angular dash is a huge improvent over earlier model. The 3.73 differential is just what I need for towing. While the 20" wheels are overkill they are very attractive and glad there there. The street appeal is outstanding (white paltinum).

Suggested Improvements

Not really seeing or experiencing any design flaws. I have added from my previous truck a softtopper cover for oversized storage in back bed, bed slider, and Firestone rear load leveller. Only improvement...electrical folding tow mirrors.

Trust Ford Trucks
By Gil

2008 Ford F-150 SuperCrew King Ranch 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I love my truck, rides great. Love the Navigation system, back up camera,Sound system. heated seats & mirrors. Love the leather seats. Only problem that I have with my f-150 King Ranch 4x4 truck is fuel mileage could be better. I get 11 mpg around town and 17-18 mpg on the road. I have owned Ford products all my life. You can always trust ford for making great cars and trucks.

Favorite Features

Back up camera, Navigation system, Heated seats and mirrors, moon roof, sound system, leather seats.

Suggested Improvements

Improve fuel mileage.

Does what you need it to without issue
By Joe

2008 Ford F-150 SuperCrew XL 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Bought this to replace a leased '06 GMC Sierra (family works @ Ford dealer). Very good truck without much issues, only 3 problems that were fixed and not re-occurring...1 the hood latch and release broke..2 radio button stuck..3 door sill tab broke. Rides very well, has decent acceleration (with 3.73 gears) for size of truck, interior laid out well - minor gripe outer edge of radio a little out of easy reach, brakes haul this heavy truck down well, but its a very nice packaged vehicle. Have the extended trailer mirrors which work very well in multi-lane traffic, practically no blind spots. One weird thing, the cruise control is optional (which mine doesn't have) it should have been included.

Favorite Features

Trailer mirrors, 4wd, 4-wheel ABS DISC brakes (sadly Chevy & GMC have drums on rear 1/2 tons), lockable tailgate, tow hooks and excellent trailer tow package that includes both typical trailer electric plugs - no adapters needed.

Suggested Improvements

Bring the center stack a little closer to driver for easier access, psgr seat airbag sensor is too sensitive, cruise should be standard with power windows, mirrors & locks. Of course, gas mileage can always be improved.

front brake problems
By thebolt

2008 Ford F-150 SuperCrew FX4 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

truck developed a front end shake with 2000 miles. dealer cut the rotors. at 25000 miles needed front brakes and rotors.at 36000 miles needed rear brakes and rotors. now at 49000 miles front end is shaking like crazy. I am sure I need new front rotors.

Suggested Improvements

thicker brake rotors.

TRUE FORD QUALITY
By ford_guy1

I had a 1998 F150 with the 4.6 engine and ext cab. It was an excellent truck. I absolutely never had any problems with the 1998. in 2008 I bought the F150 Lariat 4X4 with crew cab. I love this truck! I got a great end of the year deal on it and the truck has been wonderful. Ford dealerships take care of their customers. I upgraded the wheels to 20" chrome wheels, duel exhaust and matching rear fiberglass shell. I get tons of compliments and I love my truck. Test drove the Tundra and found it very nice with lots of power. I still preferred the quality, comfort and ride of the Ford.

Favorite Features

Style, ride, comfort, power seats, heated seats, and quality

Suggested Improvements

More horsepower to match the competitors. Still adequate for the job.