2008 Ford F-150 SuperCrew - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:
Not just another F150
By jbeloff on 01/17/12 15:10 PM (PST)

2008 Ford F-150 SuperCrew Lariat 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I have owned a 2003 4x4 f150 extended cab since new. It was really difficult to justify what I perceived as the perfect reliable pick up truck. I did know that I always wished I had purchased a crew cab but for my construction purposes and need for the 6.5' bed. the extended cab would be fine. 8 years later it was time for a change. The newer crew cabs with the 6.5' bed were to long and therefore searched successfully for a well maintained 08 F150 Lariat (loaded enough) w/ 6.5' bed and 60k miles. I figured most reviews I read were from satified drivers with 100-200K on their trucks. Wow, if it performs anything like my 03 then I am one fortunate owner.....IT WILL!

TRUE FORD QUALITY
By ford_guy1 on 01/03/11 17:29 PM (PST)

I had a 1998 F150 with the 4.6 engine and ext cab. It was an excellent truck. I absolutely never had any problems with the 1998. in 2008 I bought the F150 Lariat 4X4 with crew cab. I love this truck! I got a great end of the year deal on it and the truck has been wonderful. Ford dealerships take care of their customers. I upgraded the wheels to 20" chrome wheels, duel exhaust and matching rear fiberglass shell. I get tons of compliments and I love my truck. Test drove the Tundra and found it very nice with lots of power. I still preferred the quality, comfort and ride of the Ford.

Trust Ford Trucks
By Gil on 03/19/10 09:28 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford F-150 SuperCrew King Ranch 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I love my truck, rides great. Love the Navigation system, back up camera,Sound system. heated seats & mirrors. Love the leather seats. Only problem that I have with my f-150 King Ranch 4x4 truck is fuel mileage could be better. I get 11 mpg around town and 17-18 mpg on the road. I have owned Ford products all my life. You can always trust ford for making great cars and trucks.

front brake problems
By thebolt on 01/26/10 12:19 PM (PST)

2008 Ford F-150 SuperCrew FX4 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

truck developed a front end shake with 2000 miles. dealer cut the rotors. at 25000 miles needed front brakes and rotors.at 36000 miles needed rear brakes and rotors. now at 49000 miles front end is shaking like crazy. I am sure I need new front rotors.

Does what you need it to without issue
By Joe on 12/31/09 00:00 AM (PST)

2008 Ford F-150 SuperCrew XL 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Bought this to replace a leased '06 GMC Sierra (family works @ Ford dealer). Very good truck without much issues, only 3 problems that were fixed and not re-occurring...1 the hood latch and release broke..2 radio button stuck..3 door sill tab broke. Rides very well, has decent acceleration (with 3.73 gears) for size of truck, interior laid out well - minor gripe outer edge of radio a little out of easy reach, brakes haul this heavy truck down well, but its a very nice packaged vehicle. Have the extended trailer mirrors which work very well in multi-lane traffic, practically no blind spots. One weird thing, the cruise control is optional (which mine doesn't have) it should have been included.

74000 Miles & Counting
By John on 10/22/09 18:54 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford F-150 SuperCrew XLT 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

We moved to the mountians and after the first snow it was obvious that I needed a 4 X 4. We got the SuperCrew for the kids, the tow package for the trailers and I have always needed a truck. So far it has been great. Tows a 24 ft travel trailer like it is not there. Unlike some truck I have seen on the road, the body angle does not change when loaded. Comfortable and reliable. I would take a 6 speed trans but other than that the pick up is good, stable on/off road, high spped or low. It just goes. I got to work every day for the last two winter with no chains and last year we had 60 inches of snow in one storm.

Little issues, Great truck
By Wade on 10/14/09 09:38 AM (PDT)

I have had this truck since January 08. The power is deceiving. I hauled my 600 pound bike from Texas to Wyoming without ever feeling the weight. The truck just towed away. The little issues I have are the wiper cowel coming off for the 5th time, shake in the steering wheel above 50mph, rattle in the dash, and a strange vibration that happens sporadically. Had all of these issues addressed at the dealer. They continue to irritate me. For such a great driving truck, Ford should really adress these issues. It is my understanding that these are fixed for the new 2009 model.

A GREAT Deal!!!!
By depch on 07/10/09 14:11 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford F-150 SuperCrew Limited 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this car June 30, 2008, the last day of the month. If you buy on the last day they really deal so as to build the monthly sales figures. Bought an 08' Lariat Supercrew with every option except DVD. Was a manufacturer's vehicle w/4100 miles. Boy did they deal. Threw in everything except the kitchen sink and sold it below trade-in value. My ONLY complaint is the sluggishness when accelerating from a light and the gas mileage. My last truck was 12 years old (I keep them for a while) with a bigger engine and better gas mileage. I'll probably put straight pipes, performance muffler, and a cold air exchange on this one as I did with the last and watch the milaege improve. Great Truck!

Small things make a truck
By go99 on 05/30/09 13:35 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 60th Anniversary 4dr SuperCrew 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I have owned my limited 60th edition now for almost a year. I do really enjoy the truck but have a few complaints. First is the "clicking" that comes from the steering column when letting go of the brake. Truck is super quiet and they put in something like this! I would not purchase another truck with this noise. Second is the 60th does not come with the simple windshield wash low warning indicator. Just does not have one. Good truck but I might consider the decision to go 60th again and stick to the regular edition.

2008 Ford F150
By KatDaddy on 04/28/09 10:06 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford F-150 SuperCrew XLT 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

To Whom It May Concern: RE: 2008 Ford F150 Supercrew (Vibration start at 55/60 mph) We purchased this truck February 17, 2009 without a test drive. On Saturday, February 21, 2009, took truck for the vibration to Classic Ford, sat for 4 hours, then was told to come back Friday, February 27. On that day, Friday, 2/27, they “road forced” balanced the tires and was there for 5 ½ hours. Went back on March 3, 2009, they told me they put 4 different, new tires on the truck and balanced them and was there for 7 ½ hours more. Went back on March 6, 2009, they “re-balanced” my tires and told to come back Monday, March 9, 2009..that day, they “forced balanced” the tires again. Then I was told o

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.