Used 2008 Ford F-150 FX4 SuperCab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Ford F-150 SuperCab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

Just Bought Used
By Rob

2008 Ford F-150 SuperCab FX4 4dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I recently purchased my F150, and I love it. I got for the purpose of towing a pop up trailer, and I could not even tell it was attached. One area where I might have researched more is gear ratios. I noticed some F150s had more torque. I am fine with the lower torque gears as I am not as prone to squealing my tires. I am not sure about any benefit in gas mileage. It is a truck, what would you expect? I have also added Thule bed racks so I can bring my kayaks along where ever I go.

The ride is extremely smooth. I also enjoy the power sunroof and power sliding rear window.

Add bed racks as a standard feature on short bed trucks.

Most Reliable 1/2 ton V8 out there
By Reginhild

Very pleased with my F-150 FX4 Crew Cab. The dealer was great to work with and provided a great deal in addition to Ford's great rebates. I picked the F-150 in part because Consumer Reports rates the F-150 with V8 engine as number one of all the 1/2 ton trucks with V8 for reliability. (with the V6, Toyota edges out Ford for number 1 and Ford number 2)

FX4 Off Road features, heavy duty box frame, and body colored steel bumpers.

Light diesel option.

Pleasantly surprised
By TXRUNFX4

After having exceptional luck with my first F150 (98 4x4 that is still going strong), as well as after test driving a Tundra, Silverado, and Dodge, I decided to get another F150. I went with a fully loaded, every option (minus sunroof) 08 FX4 as I didn't see enough difference in 09 to warrant the extra $ for the 09. I've read some reviews about poor power, and I've always felt the F150 lacked the "get up and go" of the Chevy, but I've been very surprised that this truck has loads of power and very nice throttle response. The interior (black leather) is really nice and the truck is super quiet. Very comfortable, great power, very solid! Other trucks were nice, but I'm glad I got the FX4.

Power, throttle response, exceptional interior styling and comfort, very quiet cabin, solid build quality, back-up camera with trailer hitch line-up is great, memory/heated seats, air/radio controls on steering wheel.

Not a huge fan of the Pirelli Scorpion 20" tires, the fuel economy isn't much improved over my 11yr old F150 4x4, but it's a heavy truck and I'll take the build quality every time.

Loving It
By Jim

I have driven many differnet trucks but I always come back to Ford, man they did an outstanding job with this truck, 300 HP is plenty for anyone that knows trucks, 365 torque is where it's at. It drives awesome like driving a car, 4wd in the snow is great. Think this maybe my last truck for some years to come, very happy

Sirius radio, FX4 package, comfortable seating for 5

Radio steering controls, would like to see navigation standard on FX4 package, 6 speed transmission.