Used 2008 Ford F-150 SuperCab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Ford F-150 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

Amazing Truck
By andrew_kaber08

2008 Ford F-150 SuperCab XLT 4dr SuperCab Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

My 2008 F150 extended cab with the 4.6L V8 had 187,000 miles on it when I sold it. ABSOLUTELY NO PROBLEMS! Never once had this truck left me stranded. The only thing I have had to replace on this truck was the throttle body, but that was a minor issue which could have been ignored. The engine is great and sounds amazing, but the 4-speed automatic transmission drags it down. When towing near the maximum capacity, expect aggressive downshifting. The audio system could definitely use more bass, but I'm probably just being picky. If you're considering buying this truck, just make sure you have enough money saved up for the not-so-great fuel economy.

Favorite Features

Engine sound, reliability, quality, fun to drive (especially on the beach and mudding!)

Suggested Improvements

Stability Control and Traction Control are not standard, the 4-speed automatic transmission is heavily dated but works, standard audio system lacks bass.

Straight Forward and Honest Review
By bigcntry

2008 Ford F-150 SuperCab STX 4dr SuperCab Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I purchased my SuperCab STX approx. 1 yr ago. The truck had 15k miles on it when I bought it, and it now has 41k miles logged. I have owned 4 Ford trucks in the past, and all were very good except for 1 lemon (1994 Ford Bronco). I traded in a Honda Civic that I was driving as a commuter car ----- couldnt stand it. I felt like i was wearing panties or something. Im a country boy and I had to get back in a truck. My 2008 F150 has taken us on 3 long trips and I also drive it on a 60 mile commute to work. I had to have the actuator motor replaced (AC part) and my Ford logo on the front grill (peeling) replaced, both covered under warranty. Other than that, this truck has been flawless.

Favorite Features

Very smooth ride, solid build, gas mileage for a big truck (avg about 18 mpg), and good stock speakers. 4.6 liter engine has been around a while ---- tried and true --- and I expect it to last a very long time. BUILT FORD TOUGH!

Suggested Improvements

The only thing I dont like about this truck is it doesnt have side airbags....the new ones do. I haul my little boy around in it alot and that would have been a nice feature to have. Other than that, not a thing.

Just Bought Used
By Rob

2008 Ford F-150 SuperCab FX4 4dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I recently purchased my F150, and I love it. I got for the purpose of towing a pop up trailer, and I could not even tell it was attached. One area where I might have researched more is gear ratios. I noticed some F150s had more torque. I am fine with the lower torque gears as I am not as prone to squealing my tires. I am not sure about any benefit in gas mileage. It is a truck, what would you expect? I have also added Thule bed racks so I can bring my kayaks along where ever I go.

Favorite Features

The ride is extremely smooth. I also enjoy the power sunroof and power sliding rear window.

Suggested Improvements

Add bed racks as a standard feature on short bed trucks.

Transmission problems
By car624

2008 Ford F-150 SuperCab Lariat 4dr SuperCab Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Have a 2008 Larit love the truck but right now its in the shop with bad transmission. Beaware I was told could be faulty parts in trans.,they said my bearings whent out messing op gears.. Then after they where replaced the value body is bad.. Running in circles with this dealer ship cant get a straight ansewer on what caused the problem. Waiting to get it back with the rebuilt transmission..

Favorite Features

Seats and backup camra

Suggested Improvements

Gas milage and put a diesel in one..

So Good So Far
By ATL2059

2008 Ford F-150 SuperCab Lariat 4dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I bought the truck back in January and it has done well overall. Other than the the tailgate trim piece coming off on one end that was replaced under warranty, it has held up well. The truck drives well and the fuel economy is what should be expected from it. 15 in the city 18 to 19 on the Hwy. The power of the 5.4 is there but it is geared low. It won't be the first one off the line but it will cruise comfortably at 80 no problem. Overall it has been good so far and i hope it will continue to do so.

Favorite Features

4x4, Huge Console, Line in, road noise quiet in the cab, Steering wheel controls

Suggested Improvements

More power, bluetooth, fix the tailgate, LED lights.