2008 Ford F-150 Regular Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:
good buy
By raygu on 04/27/11 09:52 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford F-150 Regular Cab XL 2dr Regular Cab Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.2L 6cyl 5M)

I would buy this truck again! I bouhgt this truck new in northen Canada for 17554.00 on the road. No trouble with 100248 klm or 62000 miles. the reviews back up the truck !

Great Buy!
By ntimd8t on 08/06/10 16:47 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford F-150 Regular Cab XL 2dr Regular Cab Styleside 8 ft. LB (4.2L 6cyl 5M)

Searched the competition and found nobody else offers a no frills v-6 for under 25k. Before trade purchase price was 11,200. I use it as a truck and couldn't justify 35k for a glorified sedan with a bed attached. have the 3.55 rear with towing package. Installed 06 mustang mach 500 stereo with 6 disc in dash and Sirius. Chrome bumpers were there as truck was an order that was canceled. I am thoroughly happy with my purchase after doing research and finding the 4.2 to be the most problem free motor for the complete run of the new body style 04-08 a feat that has never been achieved by anyone else.. Adding items to dress up as i want is still cheaper than a higher level model

Super Truck Awesome value!!
By willy47 on 06/15/09 12:36 PM (PDT)

I had promised myself that I wouldn't buy another American made car (truck). Capital Ford in Raleigh, NC ran an ad at a price I couldn't pass up. After a rocky start on the price negotiations my salesman, (Martin Clark) went above and beyond the call duty, he got the owner of the company involved! The owner showed me the truck and the features and assigned his personal assistant to deal with me if I had any problems. (I was told that never happens). I bought the truck with no test drives and have had no complaints. The folks at Capital Ford are as nice as they can be. From what I can tell, they lost money on the deal, even then they are as nice as they can be.

6 Months and Perfection
By Tex77 on 05/01/09 07:09 AM (PDT)

So far a great truck. Purchased when fuel was over 4dollars/gal and when 09's were coming end= what a deal!! Chrome, cruise, automatic for 11K :). Love the truck, not a single problem.

Ford owner-cars and trucks
By Stoney on 02/21/09 09:52 AM (PST)

2008 Ford F-150 Regular Cab FX2 2dr Regular Cab Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

My family and sons only use Fords and that goes back more than 40 years. The F150 seems to ride better and gets better gas mileage than the posted numbers. Could be the light foot to get more miles per gallon and no major repairs I recall.

Great Truck
By Mechanic on 11/20/08 22:29 PM (PST)

I have the XL with the XL decor group and auto transmission, limited slip rear end and sliding rear glass. This is the perfect base truck. It is well built and designed, and rides like a cadillac. Gas mileage in town has been as high as 19 which is as good as the Hyundai Accent I replaced was getting. The 10% ethanol blends have not negatively affected mileage like it seems to do with other engines. (straight gas is not available in my state) Plenty of power for a V6. Visibilty is great. The standard features and built in quality are well thought out for a truck

Basic truck
By jpotter on 09/23/08 16:58 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford F-150 Regular Cab XL 2dr Regular Cab 4WD Styleside 8 ft. LB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I was looking for my first truck not car. I knew I wanted a real vehicle. This is it. Good power. Below average gas mileage was expected. About 15-17 city and 22-25 highway. The 4.6l V8 has plenty of power. The only thing I regret about getting this truck is I did not get it in 4x4 only because I could not afford it. The msrp was 21,000 I got it for 16,000. I very strongly reccomend this truck

Love my truck
By chrisma on 06/19/08 13:00 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford F-150 Regular Cab STX 2dr Regular Cab 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I've owned this STX for 2 months now. I drive it on interstates, secondary roads, and use it off road for farm work. It rides very smooth. Gets OK gas mileage if you drive slower. (17 MPG). I like the cargo doors compared to not having them on my previous F-150 standard cab. Ample power when hauling weight. Nice truck.

Base model is a great value
By Jim on 05/16/08 20:54 PM (PDT)

Truck seems very sturdy and strong. Drives easily and smoothly. Quiet except for slight wind noise around small rear doors and only when very windy outside. This truck w/o all the costly bells and whistles is exactly what we wanted -- i.e. it cost less than many high mileage used trucks we looked at, is very comfortable, has the long bed with high sides, and has some storage space behind seat. Also, seats can be reclined slightly.

Outstanding!
By ETexas1000 on 04/17/08 16:17 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford F-150 Regular Cab XLT 2dr Regular Cab Styleside 8 ft. LB (4.2L 6cyl 5M)

I wanted a truck to haul building materials over long distances and looks good while doing it. That's this truck, and I love it. I added some chrome wheels and accessories, and still kept the pricetag under $26k. Fuel economy is great, I took a 500 mi. trip, and rolled into my destination with 1/8 of a tank of fuel left, and this was with a 1000# load up and down mountainsides! Great truck! Thanks FoMoCo!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.