Used 2008 Ford F-150 Regular Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Ford F-150 Regular Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

good buy
By raygu

2008 Ford F-150 Regular Cab XL 2dr Regular Cab Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.2L 6cyl 5M)

I would buy this truck again! I bouhgt this truck new in northen Canada for 17554.00 on the road. No trouble with 100248 klm or 62000 miles. the reviews back up the truck !

Great Buy!
By ntimd8t

2008 Ford F-150 Regular Cab XL 2dr Regular Cab Styleside 8 ft. LB (4.2L 6cyl 5M)

Searched the competition and found nobody else offers a no frills v-6 for under 25k. Before trade purchase price was 11,200. I use it as a truck and couldn't justify 35k for a glorified sedan with a bed attached. have the 3.55 rear with towing package. Installed 06 mustang mach 500 stereo with 6 disc in dash and Sirius. Chrome bumpers were there as truck was an order that was canceled. I am thoroughly happy with my purchase after doing research and finding the 4.2 to be the most problem free motor for the complete run of the new body style 04-08 a feat that has never been achieved by anyone else.. Adding items to dress up as i want is still cheaper than a higher level model

comfort of cab. i'm a big guy. and fit well. handling is great for a large truck. turn radius is expected with length. bed capacity is outstanding. haul a lot more with no body drop as seen in family's tundra with less weight in bed. build quality and body design..

better looking grille than 6-bar on xl package. chrome wheels should be standard. more features but hey i got what i paid for and then some.. cruise and different cluster should have been standard with at least cd player but it was a easy plug and play switch. have cruise and xlt cluster now!

Super Truck Awesome value!!
By willy47

I had promised myself that I wouldn't buy another American made car (truck). Capital Ford in Raleigh, NC ran an ad at a price I couldn't pass up. After a rocky start on the price negotiations my salesman, (Martin Clark) went above and beyond the call duty, he got the owner of the company involved! The owner showed me the truck and the features and assigned his personal assistant to deal with me if I had any problems. (I was told that never happens). I bought the truck with no test drives and have had no complaints. The folks at Capital Ford are as nice as they can be. From what I can tell, they lost money on the deal, even then they are as nice as they can be.

The 4.2L engine and 5 spd manual are awesome, with 9,000 miles on it I drove to Wisconsin from North Carolina and averaged 19.6 mpg at 70-80mph. With a 1200 lb load I averaged 18.6 mpg at 70-80 mph on the flat and 17.6 on the WV turnpike. Same speed. I can control the rpms which helps the mpg a lot.

Offer a manual transmission with the V- 8's, a diesel with manual trans. Quality of this truck is right up there with Honda (we have owned a lot of them!).

6 Months and Perfection
By Tex77

So far a great truck. Purchased when fuel was over 4dollars/gal and when 09's were coming end= what a deal!! Chrome, cruise, automatic for 11K :). Love the truck, not a single problem.

NO problems yet!! Drives great, Looks same, Pulls the trailer just fine. Interior is basic but nice. Lots of storage behind seats. ( I put bins there)

Steering wheel needs to be a little smaller diameter. Seats could use more padding.

Ford owner-cars and trucks
By Stoney

2008 Ford F-150 Regular Cab FX2 2dr Regular Cab Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

My family and sons only use Fords and that goes back more than 40 years. The F150 seems to ride better and gets better gas mileage than the posted numbers. Could be the light foot to get more miles per gallon and no major repairs I recall.

Steady ride and steering.

Lower the costs and get greener.