Used 2008 Ford F-150 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Ford F-150

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

Amazing Truck
By andrew_kaber08

2008 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCab Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

My 2008 F150 extended cab with the 4.6L V8 had 187,000 miles on it when I sold it. ABSOLUTELY NO PROBLEMS! Never once had this truck left me stranded. The only thing I have had to replace on this truck was the throttle body, but that was a minor issue which could have been ignored. The engine is great and sounds amazing, but the 4-speed automatic transmission drags it down. When towing near the maximum capacity, expect aggressive downshifting. The audio system could definitely use more bass, but I'm probably just being picky. If you're considering buying this truck, just make sure you have enough money saved up for the not-so-great fuel economy.

Favorite Features

Engine sound, reliability, quality, fun to drive (especially on the beach and mudding!)

Suggested Improvements

Stability Control and Traction Control are not standard, the 4-speed automatic transmission is heavily dated but works, standard audio system lacks bass.

Not just another F150
By jbeloff

2008 Ford F-150 Lariat 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I have owned a 2003 4x4 f150 extended cab since new. It was really difficult to justify what I perceived as the perfect reliable pick up truck. I did know that I always wished I had purchased a crew cab but for my construction purposes and need for the 6.5' bed. the extended cab would be fine. 8 years later it was time for a change. The newer crew cabs with the 6.5' bed were to long and therefore searched successfully for a well maintained 08 F150 Lariat (loaded enough) w/ 6.5' bed and 60k miles. I figured most reviews I read were from satified drivers with 100-200K on their trucks. Wow, if it performs anything like my 03 then I am one fortunate owner.....IT WILL!

Favorite Features

The intereior comforts are beyond what is needed. The seats are super comfortable, guages are appropriately placed, the angular dash is a huge improvent over earlier model. The 3.73 differential is just what I need for towing. While the 20" wheels are overkill they are very attractive and glad there there. The street appeal is outstanding (white paltinum).

Suggested Improvements

Not really seeing or experiencing any design flaws. I have added from my previous truck a softtopper cover for oversized storage in back bed, bed slider, and Firestone rear load leveller. Only improvement...electrical folding tow mirrors.

Straight Forward and Honest Review
By bigcntry

2008 Ford F-150 STX 4dr SuperCab Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I purchased my SuperCab STX approx. 1 yr ago. The truck had 15k miles on it when I bought it, and it now has 41k miles logged. I have owned 4 Ford trucks in the past, and all were very good except for 1 lemon (1994 Ford Bronco). I traded in a Honda Civic that I was driving as a commuter car ----- couldnt stand it. I felt like i was wearing panties or something. Im a country boy and I had to get back in a truck. My 2008 F150 has taken us on 3 long trips and I also drive it on a 60 mile commute to work. I had to have the actuator motor replaced (AC part) and my Ford logo on the front grill (peeling) replaced, both covered under warranty. Other than that, this truck has been flawless.

Favorite Features

Very smooth ride, solid build, gas mileage for a big truck (avg about 18 mpg), and good stock speakers. 4.6 liter engine has been around a while ---- tried and true --- and I expect it to last a very long time. BUILT FORD TOUGH!

Suggested Improvements

The only thing I dont like about this truck is it doesnt have side airbags....the new ones do. I haul my little boy around in it alot and that would have been a nice feature to have. Other than that, not a thing.

good buy
By raygu

2008 Ford F-150 XL 2dr Regular Cab Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.2L 6cyl 5M)

I would buy this truck again! I bouhgt this truck new in northen Canada for 17554.00 on the road. No trouble with 100248 klm or 62000 miles. the reviews back up the truck !

TRUE FORD QUALITY
By ford_guy1

2008 Ford F-150 Lariat 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I had a 1998 F150 with the 4.6 engine and ext cab. It was an excellent truck. I absolutely never had any problems with the 1998. in 2008 I bought the F150 Lariat 4X4 with crew cab. I love this truck! I got a great end of the year deal on it and the truck has been wonderful. Ford dealerships take care of their customers. I upgraded the wheels to 20" chrome wheels, duel exhaust and matching rear fiberglass shell. I get tons of compliments and I love my truck. Test drove the Tundra and found it very nice with lots of power. I still preferred the quality, comfort and ride of the Ford.

Favorite Features

Style, ride, comfort, power seats, heated seats, and quality

Suggested Improvements

More horsepower to match the competitors. Still adequate for the job.