2008 Ford F-150 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:
Not just another F150
By jbeloff on 01/17/12 15:10 PM (PST)

2008 Ford F-150 Lariat 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I have owned a 2003 4x4 f150 extended cab since new. It was really difficult to justify what I perceived as the perfect reliable pick up truck. I did know that I always wished I had purchased a crew cab but for my construction purposes and need for the 6.5' bed. the extended cab would be fine. 8 years later it was time for a change. The newer crew cabs with the 6.5' bed were to long and therefore searched successfully for a well maintained 08 F150 Lariat (loaded enough) w/ 6.5' bed and 60k miles. I figured most reviews I read were from satified drivers with 100-200K on their trucks. Wow, if it performs anything like my 03 then I am one fortunate owner.....IT WILL!

Straight Forward and Honest Review
By bigcntry on 07/15/11 13:25 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford F-150 STX 4dr SuperCab Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I purchased my SuperCab STX approx. 1 yr ago. The truck had 15k miles on it when I bought it, and it now has 41k miles logged. I have owned 4 Ford trucks in the past, and all were very good except for 1 lemon (1994 Ford Bronco). I traded in a Honda Civic that I was driving as a commuter car ----- couldnt stand it. I felt like i was wearing panties or something. Im a country boy and I had to get back in a truck. My 2008 F150 has taken us on 3 long trips and I also drive it on a 60 mile commute to work. I had to have the actuator motor replaced (AC part) and my Ford logo on the front grill (peeling) replaced, both covered under warranty. Other than that, this truck has been flawless.

good buy
By raygu on 04/27/11 09:52 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford F-150 XL 2dr Regular Cab Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.2L 6cyl 5M)

I would buy this truck again! I bouhgt this truck new in northen Canada for 17554.00 on the road. No trouble with 100248 klm or 62000 miles. the reviews back up the truck !

TRUE FORD QUALITY
By ford_guy1 on 01/03/11 17:29 PM (PST)

2008 Ford F-150 Lariat 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I had a 1998 F150 with the 4.6 engine and ext cab. It was an excellent truck. I absolutely never had any problems with the 1998. in 2008 I bought the F150 Lariat 4X4 with crew cab. I love this truck! I got a great end of the year deal on it and the truck has been wonderful. Ford dealerships take care of their customers. I upgraded the wheels to 20" chrome wheels, duel exhaust and matching rear fiberglass shell. I get tons of compliments and I love my truck. Test drove the Tundra and found it very nice with lots of power. I still preferred the quality, comfort and ride of the Ford.

Great Buy!
By ntimd8t on 08/06/10 16:47 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford F-150 XL 2dr Regular Cab Styleside 8 ft. LB (4.2L 6cyl 5M)

Searched the competition and found nobody else offers a no frills v-6 for under 25k. Before trade purchase price was 11,200. I use it as a truck and couldn't justify 35k for a glorified sedan with a bed attached. have the 3.55 rear with towing package. Installed 06 mustang mach 500 stereo with 6 disc in dash and Sirius. Chrome bumpers were there as truck was an order that was canceled. I am thoroughly happy with my purchase after doing research and finding the 4.2 to be the most problem free motor for the complete run of the new body style 04-08 a feat that has never been achieved by anyone else.. Adding items to dress up as i want is still cheaper than a higher level model

Just Bought Used
By Rob on 07/16/10 12:48 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford F-150 FX4 4dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I recently purchased my F150, and I love it. I got for the purpose of towing a pop up trailer, and I could not even tell it was attached. One area where I might have researched more is gear ratios. I noticed some F150s had more torque. I am fine with the lower torque gears as I am not as prone to squealing my tires. I am not sure about any benefit in gas mileage. It is a truck, what would you expect? I have also added Thule bed racks so I can bring my kayaks along where ever I go.

Trust Ford Trucks
By Gil on 03/19/10 09:28 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford F-150 King Ranch 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I love my truck, rides great. Love the Navigation system, back up camera,Sound system. heated seats & mirrors. Love the leather seats. Only problem that I have with my f-150 King Ranch 4x4 truck is fuel mileage could be better. I get 11 mpg around town and 17-18 mpg on the road. I have owned Ford products all my life. You can always trust ford for making great cars and trucks.

front brake problems
By thebolt on 01/26/10 12:19 PM (PST)

2008 Ford F-150 FX4 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

truck developed a front end shake with 2000 miles. dealer cut the rotors. at 25000 miles needed front brakes and rotors.at 36000 miles needed rear brakes and rotors. now at 49000 miles front end is shaking like crazy. I am sure I need new front rotors.

Does what you need it to without issue
By Joe on 12/31/09 00:00 AM (PST)

2008 Ford F-150 XL 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Bought this to replace a leased '06 GMC Sierra (family works @ Ford dealer). Very good truck without much issues, only 3 problems that were fixed and not re-occurring...1 the hood latch and release broke..2 radio button stuck..3 door sill tab broke. Rides very well, has decent acceleration (with 3.73 gears) for size of truck, interior laid out well - minor gripe outer edge of radio a little out of easy reach, brakes haul this heavy truck down well, but its a very nice packaged vehicle. Have the extended trailer mirrors which work very well in multi-lane traffic, practically no blind spots. One weird thing, the cruise control is optional (which mine doesn't have) it should have been included.

Transmission problems
By car624 on 11/02/09 18:08 PM (PST)

2008 Ford F-150 Lariat 4dr SuperCab Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Have a 2008 Larit love the truck but right now its in the shop with bad transmission. Beaware I was told could be faulty parts in trans.,they said my bearings whent out messing op gears.. Then after they where replaced the value body is bad.. Running in circles with this dealer ship cant get a straight ansewer on what caused the problem. Waiting to get it back with the rebuilt transmission..

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.