Never Again
By sorryiboughtit on
2007 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)
Maybe there are others out there who have had similar problems and you can get back to me? Class action lawsuit?? Ford has continued to refuse to repair my 2007 f-150. The engine makes a raucous clicking noise that the service department from 2 different dealers and a ford "engineer" have not or will not identify. Ford has told me that this is as good as it gets. With the noise my truck makes I will never be able to sell it, even when I get the equity down to where it makes sense to sell it. My engine is a 5.4 liter 3 valve V-8. Don't but one of these trucks, you will be sorry and you will get in your truck every time you turn it on and say, "I hate this truck. We will never buy another ford
Favorite Features
If it weren't for the fact that my engine sounds so bad that it takes all the pleasure out of driving it, I might still love this truck. Ever since my truck started making loud clicking noises,(2 Years after I bought it.), all I can think of when I drive this truck is how much I hate the noise.
Suggested Improvements
Fix the problem with the 3 valve 5.4 V-8. The service department where I take my truck has told me that there have been many problems with these trucks and ford will not address these issues. As far as I know now though ford doesn't use the 3 valve engines anymore. It doesn't help me with mine.
By nwilson33
on 01/04/11 18:33 PM (PST)

Mine started making the same noise....started using mid-grade fuel and it stopped....might be worth a try....

By mnfordf150
on 05/31/13 12:41 PM (PDT)

The clicking noise on my truck was coming from the 4 wheel drive solenoid. The line which is conveniently made out of plastic cracked. well the hubs are pushed out by air pressure from the solenoid and since water and air was getting sucked into the line the solenoid didn't know what to do and would click at certain speeds or under acceleration. Replace the line and the solenoid and all was well...no more clicking

By smoo4asw
on 05/25/14 06:54 AM (PDT)

I have a 2003 Ford F-150 with the 4.6 liter 2 valve V8 and it is as reliable as a 4 cylinder 2 valve Ranger we bought in 1994 brand new, excepting the fact that the OBD-II system requires you to keep the check engine light off where we live, whereas the Ranger uses the OBD-I system, so therefore it's check engine light isn't an issue despite having all the same emissions control components except for the computer and diagnostic system. This means that, at the cost of less power, we gained an engine that is everything we need. I apologize that the 3 valve 5.4 liter engine is awful. I also am sorry that you won't be buying another Ford, as when you get a good one you are a repeat customer, if you're like us.