Love it but...
By Franky T on
2007 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)
I bought out my lease 1/10 and am very happy with the truck. It's solid dependable and comfortable. Other than routine maintenance I have had problems with brakes, had to replace all rotors at 30K, my bad I should have checked the shoes when I had oil/tires rotated. I also have issues with the AC system, when I run heat through floor vents only a noticeable amount of air still comes from dash vents and defrost vents causing dry eyes on longer drives. I also have an intermittent grinding sound which seems to come from the front end as if 4WD was trying to engage, at nearly stop speed there's a clunk and its gone. Have not been able to find anything on the net about this.
Favorite Features
5.4 liter has plenty of power, comfortable, easy to drive. Tows very well, quiet for a truck, handles remarkably well for a pick-up!
Suggested Improvements
A/C venting could be more precise, if I set it to floor heat that's the only place it should exhaust. Gas mileage, but hey it's a big engine in a decent sized truck. Maybe Ford could use squealers on the brake pads, I know I should have checked but they could have saved me quite a bit of $.