I chose F150 over Tundra- honest!
By Brad on
2007 Ford F-150 FX2 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)
This is my first truck- and first American purchase in 15 years. I originally had my heart set on a Tundra. My company fleet manager recommended Ford F150's for the reliability. I was skeptical but after test driving the Ford, I fell in love. (also test drove Dodge and Chevy) Great power and excellent handling! Yes, the Tundra and Chevy are more powerful and quicker "by the numbers", but the Ford just felt solid and sure-footed. 300hp is all I need around town. Nice big industrial-grade interior (I'm 6'3") designed for people my size. My kids love it too- it's like a big Tonka truck. I've got the 5.4l V8 FX2 Sport SuperCrew. Nice job, Ford-you brought me back to American made!
Favorite Features
Industrial-grade design and build, FX2 design pkg, powerful V8, super-quiet interior, roomy inside, too. Handling and acceleration- still amazing that this is a truck. Super-size center arm-rest glove box is very handy. Outside door handles- yes, door handles- they feel sturdy and smooth.
Suggested Improvements
Rear armrest for FX2, "slow" drop tailgate (like Tundra), flip up storage under door armrest- my wife's Sienna has them and they are nice to have. That's it!