Four Years and all is Well!
By alby144 on
2007 Ford F-150 XL 2dr Regular Cab Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.2L 6cyl 5M)
I have close to 45,000 miles now and still love this truck! I have had one warranty repair, to replace a window switch but other than that no problems. It is without a doubt the nicest truck that I have ever owned. I know somebody with an Escalade; my truck's interior is nicer in fit & finish, they are equipped nearly the same and my truck cost $40,000 less! On top of that they had about 15 items to repair at their last service! I've read about sluggish performance from the F-150, but have not found this to be so. Nor have I had issues with my brakes; at 45,000 miles I've got about 50% of my brake life left and 25% of my tread life left on my tires.
Favorite Features
The heated leather seats! I love them in the Winter. The auto dimming morrors are nice as well. The interior of my truck is very well constructed. It is a very quiet, smooth ride. I also enjoy the stereo with the CD changer and Sirius radio. I'm a music freak and this stereo has decent sound quality; I like the fact that it, automatically turns the volume up as you accelerate. This adds to the quietness of the ride by blocking out road noise. The exterior finish has proven to be very durable. After some of my four-wheel outings, the brush scratches polish right out. In four wheel drive the F-150 is a go anywhere machine and you're going in high style!
Suggested Improvements
The back seat storage is lacking in some respects, as the seat bottoms only fold up. It would be nice if the seat backs folded down as well. Eventually I will buy the kit to contain what ever I store under the seat. The glove box is nearly useless for storing much more than your manual and a pair of gloves, or a couple of cell phone chargers. I would advise getting the overhead storage compartment. My truck is equipped with a small one which I keep my reading glasses in. An over-drive indicator on the shifter would be nice as well as heavy duty carpetted floor mats; the stock mats are about as wimpy as they get!