2007 Ford F-150 XL Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Ford F-150 - Consumer Reviews

2007 F-150 Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

Sort Reviews by

The best value in trucks!
By Justin Rempe

2007 Ford F-150 Lariat 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

This truck is far and away the best overall value when it comes to full size pickup trucks. You get more towing capacity and interior volume than any other truck out there when comparing total statistics and capability vs. the price paid. Toyota and Nissan also build great trucks, but option them so heavily that it's impossible to get the same level of value. The only close comparison to this truck is the Chevrolet/GMC twin, and it lacks a bit in the towing and interior space department, as well as falling behind in the incentives category. Ford's F150 is reliable, handles well, gets decent mileage and is very comfortable. You cannot go wrong with this vehicle!

Favorite Features

Towing/hauling ability, interior capacity, comfort, looks, price and incentives, and overall drivability.

Suggested Improvements

This truck needs a 5 speed automatic, if not a 6 speed automatic. You could easily squeeze another 2-3 MPG out of this vehicle on the highway (and maybe even in town). The power is slightly lacking (compared to Dodge, Toyota, and Nissan), but this isn't exactly a sporting vehicle either.

I really like it!
By Mary

2007 Ford F-150 FX4 4dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I like this truck. I need something nimble and reliable and so far this one is great. Very stylish too! Only thing that needs improvement is the mileage.

Favorite Features

Very comfortable and reliable with plenty of pep.

Suggested Improvements

Mileage!

Big Money Wasted
By john

2007 Ford F-150 FX4 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

The 2007 Ford SuperCrew I purchased has already had problems. The signal lights stopped working last month, and the windshield washer stopped working this month. There is also a heat sheild that has been fixed twice that is still fibrating in my ear. Over all the quality of the truck is poor. It is a nice truck to drive when it is working correctly, but it has not worked correctly in since it was new. I would like to trade it in but Ford plays with the pricing so much that it is hard to find what the real value is. They do not hold any value. I will take a $12,000-$15,000 loss on it.

Love the 150
By Gregg

2007 Ford F-150 Lariat 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I just bought a new 2007 F150 Lariat, so I can't speak to long-term quality like some others might, but I have to say that it is much more than I expected. The brakes are awesome and what sold me on the truck as I looked for a tie-breaker between it and the 2008 Titan. The ride is very good and the cabin is so quite that it is hard to believe you are in a truck. The accessories are convenitently located and the appeal of the Lariat interior is super. The trim is complex and appealing. There's rich wood trim in combination with some modern metalic type finishes, as well as bright chrome. Seat support is good too. I was afraid I would miss my Lincoln but now wonder why I didn't do this sooner.

Favorite Features

I love the heated seats (for my bad back), adjustable pedals and power folding rear view mirrors. The chrome stick shift is growing on me as well.

Suggested Improvements

The only thing that has stuck out to me so far is how wide the center pillows are. I have to really make sure I look to the right thoroughly when I check for traffic.

Highly Recomended
By iustitiamaedicus

2007 Ford F-150 XL 2dr Regular Cab Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.2L 6cyl 5M)

Purchasing this vehicle has been one of the smartest decisions that I could have possibly made. It drives great has average MPG but makes up for it with engine power and design.

Favorite Features

Look, comfort, engine power, interior very spacious.

Suggested Improvements

Mileage

Big Upgrade
By Ford for Life

2007 Ford F-150 FX4 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I recently bought a new Ford F-150 after owning a 2001 F-150. Ford has really upgraded this truck in terms of design and comfort. It is less tippy than the older model and the cab noise is virtually non-existent. I am also glad I bought the FX4 model with the larger tires and better suspension. I love this truck!

Favorite Features

Sirius radio, improved stability, interior design, improved easiness of tailgate function, skidplates, suspension, crew cab room, sound system

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage

Ford can't find fixes for their problems
By CP

2007 Ford F-150 Lariat 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Great looking truck and fun to drive. I have had a horrible experience with Ford about the F 150's air conditioning system, cd changer, and rear window. The air conditioning system hisses and gurgles while driving. I am in the ultra high line automobile business and I know tricks of the trade. Ford refuses to admit that their is a problem, rather they state that the sound is normal.

Favorite Features

Exterior styling, handling, ride, turning radius.

Suggested Improvements

Annoying sound coming from the air conditioner while the ac is on

King of Trucks
By Ivan Gutierrez

2007 Ford F-150 FX4 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

This is a real man's truck. It will take whatever you throw at it and more. The towing and payload is remarkable. Combine that with a powerful triton V-8 and you have a truck that won't hold back. The build is solid and the fuel economy is not so bad.

Favorite Features

The exterior body work is remarkable. Even with the new trucks emerging, it still manages to look new and refreshed

Suggested Improvements

4-speed auto is from the dark ages, needs new 6-speed auto.

Texas Edition - Excellent Value
By jbm_TX

2007 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

A fantastic truck, value-for-money. I looked at Dodge, Nissan, and Toyota. The Ford F150 is a real truck and it rides like a luxury car thanks to the recent changes in shock positioning. I switched from Ford to Nissan and now I am back in a Ford to stay.

Favorite Features

The drive and handling is exceptional and the interior comfort is even better. In addition to good looks and a comfortable drive, the interior road noise is virtually non-existent.

Suggested Improvements

I wish that Ford Motor Company offered a better warranty.

The best truck -hands down
By Don

2007 Ford F-150 Lariat 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

This is the 3rd F-150 supercrew I have owned. I think it is the best looking, riding, and quality truck on the market. I travel for two months a year. I love the ride quality, interior design, and sound isolation.The best truck on the market.

Favorite Features

The 2007 is less motor noised. Sirius radio is great. The great seats. The steering wheel controls. Backup sensors. The Lariat chrome pkg.

Suggested Improvements

I have had great success with Ford. If the mileage was better it would be perfect!