Used 2007 Ford F-150 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

GReAT
By Franck

2007 Ford F-150 XL 2dr Regular Cab Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.2L 6cyl 5M)

Bought this truck used with 30,000 miles and am now at 47,000 within 8 months of owning it. So far,not one thing has broke, extremely reliable! And, i get better gas mileage than any v6 ranger owner i talk to. I was shopping for a Ranger when i bought this truck , and I'm sooo glad i did. It's a bit underpowered, but do you expect, its a v6.

Favorite Features

Reliability. Space behind seats. (was able to fit the 12" sub and box from my car there without modifying it!) And great gas mileage for a half ton truck (avg 19-21 mpg)

Suggested Improvements

Offer manual transmission in the v8 option! The only reason i bought this truck was for the manual transmission, If Ford would sell a 5.4 4x4 manual transmission F-150, I'd have it!

Use the warranty
By msmith132

2007 Ford F-150 XL 2dr Regular Cab Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.2L 6cyl 5M)

Bought the truck with 2 miles on it in 2007. Don’t get me wrong I love my truck and I have had 2 F-150 before this one but it had been in the shop 5 times since I have had it. The first time it was a window gasket. It has had two starters and now it is in the shop getting a new flywheel. It only has 30, *** miles on it. Even after all this stuff…. I still love it and would not trade it for anything else.

Favorite Features

Extra storage behind the seat and the tailgate assist. And it has a big FORD emblem.

Suggested Improvements

Maybe find out what's wrong with my truck so when I get a newer one I don’t have the same problem.

Love It!!! Even the "Normal" Squeal!
By Bridger

2007 Ford F-150 XL 2dr Regular Cab Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.2L 6cyl 5M)

We love this truck, its the best truck we have ever owned... Bought it with 2 miles on it and have loved every mile we have put on it.. With the exception of when it was in every ford dealer in the state of Arkansas for the a/c squeal... The one that we were told was "Normal" by all the ford people.. I dont see an a/c screaming when its on to be normal.. and a body plug fell out Odd I think but overall its been a great truck! Especially when you spray liquid wrench on the compressor to make it stop squealing!!!

Favorite Features

5 speed transmission, Outside and Inside is HOT lookin, Handles great, Fun to drive, Overall best truck ever made!

Suggested Improvements

Include a can of liquid wrench or WD40 with every purchase to spray to stop the a/c from squealing.. Remove the clutter collector from the dash and move the window cranks up, so they dont wack whats in the door panel everytime you roll the window up or down.

Awsome truck even in harsh winters
By rondee1374

2007 Ford F-150 Lariat 4dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I really wasn't in favor of my husband buying this truck off the show room floor but it is a workhorse! No problem in the 3 feet of snow that fell in one day the first year we owned it, have never had to put extra weight in the back. I'm not a truck person but this truck is AWESOME and fun to drive.

Favorite Features

Satellite radio, four doors, leather, enough room for us and both our labrador retrievers.

100+ Ford
By debug013

2007 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This is my 6th F150 Supercrew. 5.4 v8, 3.73 limited slip rearend, chrome package, Dark shadow gray/silver on bottom, skid plates and few other goodies. Current mileage 17K. This is a great truck. I've had an entire pallet of ceramic tile(3000LBS)in the bed of this truck and the only noticeable difference was the truck sat level instead of nose down. Average 12-13mpg city and 18.5-20mpg highway. Only one minor problem during a cold spell this winter the 4X4 acuator on the front axle wouldn't engage. Dealer found water in acuator and it had frozen. Dealer replaced it in a few hours I was back in the mud.

Favorite Features

Ford Tough, Good ride, able to do any job, good looks, great radio, heat&A/c, really like the tail gate ease of use. Even my wife can shut the tailgate.

Suggested Improvements

Little more power and MPG would be okay. Make the center console on the XLT a little easier to use. I put my 10 year old in there the other day and still haven't found him(add some dividers or something instead of it being just a big box).