2007 Ford F-150 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:
Was a mistake to buy
By neveragain on 01/02/08 15:08 PM (PST)

2007 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside 8 ft. LB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

In the four months I have owned the vehicle, 34 days were spent with it in the shop. They are continuously replacing the air bags as the panels keep warping. (3 on drivers side, 2 on passenger side) The steering wheel was replaced as well as the exterior temperature sensor. The four wheel drive went out after about 5 minutes of using it. Gas mileage keeps getting worse and worse (down to 10.6 mpg) and to wrap up the experience, it has already had to be repainted as ford missed some spots and it started to peel. Not what I would expect for $38,000. Would never buy a Ford truck again.

Very Satisfied
By PELON FX2 on 12/21/07 18:40 PM (PST)

2007 Ford F-150 FX2 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This is my 2nd new F150 in 4 yrs, just love this trucks everything from the Power to Design both exterior and interior. Even though its just a 4x2 has great traction off roading and recently just made one of my 2 annual trips to Mexico and of course it did great on the Mexican Highways cruising at 95 m.p.h non stop it got about 17 mpg not to bad. What only bothers me and have been told by my selling dealer that the clunking noise that it makes when holding down the brakes and steering is normal even though I dont think it is normal, did not have that problem 03 F150.

Recall Time For Ford Again
By joe on 12/19/07 16:52 PM (PST)

2007 Ford F-150 STX 2dr Regular Cab 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I have a 2007 ford f150 Stx 4.6L. At idle it shakes so bad I had to put a pillow behind my back. Several times it even stalled. Ford said all these trucks do this. It is a natural characteristic of the truck to run rough. I say it is time to recall and fix the design flaw these trucks have.

Great Truck
By James on 12/15/07 18:39 PM (PST)

2007 Ford F-150 Lariat 4dr SuperCab Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

So far the truck has been outstanding. Last truck was a 1981 F 150 so the change is incredible. Took two trips in the last month, one of 2000 miles and the other 1200 miles. Doesn't ride as well as my previous vehicle (2005 Towncar) but great for a truck. Only problem is the gas mileage is atrociaous. Ford needs a six speed automatic.

FX4 07 - What a deal
By Ed on 11/27/07 20:11 PM (PST)

2007 Ford F-150 FX4 4dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I have never owned a truck before. The seats in this are unbelievable - Comfortable. I debated much about the super vs crew cab, I have four kids. So far the supercab does not appear to be a problem. I feel like a king driving this truck. I am amazed how well it handles bumps. It is a little rocky while driving the highway. The Chevy 1500 does have some advantages over the F150 but the 150 has a better reputation.

FX4 07 - What a deal
By Ed on 11/27/07 20:11 PM (PST)

2007 Ford F-150 FX4 4dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I chose F150 over Tundra- honest!
By Brad on 11/21/07 19:31 PM (PST)

2007 Ford F-150 FX2 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This is my first truck- and first American purchase in 15 years. I originally had my heart set on a Tundra. My company fleet manager recommended Ford F150's for the reliability. I was skeptical but after test driving the Ford, I fell in love. (also test drove Dodge and Chevy) Great power and excellent handling! Yes, the Tundra and Chevy are more powerful and quicker "by the numbers", but the Ford just felt solid and sure-footed. 300hp is all I need around town. Nice big industrial-grade interior (I'm 6'3") designed for people my size. My kids love it too- it's like a big Tonka truck. I've got the 5.4l V8 FX2 Sport SuperCrew. Nice job, Ford-you brought me back to American made!

Shame on me
By Lorne on 11/02/07 20:29 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford F-150 FX4 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Just purchased my 2nd F150. Told myself I wasn't going to buy another Ford truck again.I was tricked by the interior and exterior design and style of the truck, far superior to any of the others. My problem is with the way the truck shifts. The 4 speed auto feels lazy and sluggish when shifting. Also, the rear end clunks when the tranny downshifts when accelerating from a lower speed.(same as my 1999 F150). With the O/D off it doesnt make the noise?? I also can feel the windshield wiper vibrations through the brake and gas pedals. Very annoying. There is minor idle vibration as well. I would not have purchased this truck if I had noticed these issues during my lengthy 10 minute test drive.

Great and Strong Truck
By WOW on 10/29/07 18:49 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford F-150 FX4 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Great truck so far. Been driving it a week and am very impressed. This truck is definitely not built for speed, but it has so much torque. This is a "man's truck". Just by touching the gas, you will be up to hwy speed pretty quickly and never will never even see your RPM's go above 2300. I can just imagine the power when I start pulling my camper. Aside from the engine, the build and design of the truck is by far my personal favorite of all the trucks. It just looks American and built Ford tough!

Ford. Builds driving smiles.
By Mike on 10/24/07 13:09 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford F-150 Lariat 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

This is my 8th new Ford P/U in 11 years. From F-150s to F-350s. The last problem I had was with my 96 diesel. That was a faulty sensor. My new F-150 Lariat supercrew 4 by is fully loaded. The rear seat DVD player is a blast when the storms knock out the power in the house. The nav system and sirius radio with mp3 are fun, and fill the niches. The White sand tri-coat draws admiring looks and compliments from all circles. The interior looks and feels luxurious. My fuel economy is overall around 19mpg. The 35.7 gallon tank comes in handy for those cross state round trips. The audiophile system is a force to be reckoned with. It shames the youngsters into retreat. Try the after market LED light.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.