Used 2007 Ford F-150 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Ford F-150 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

Towing that Trailer
By Trailer Towing

2007 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCab Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

We are serious campers. We tow a 30 foot, 8000 pound 5th. wheel camper behind our F150, with the 5.4 engine. I does a great job and we still get 10 m.p.g. out of it. We have taken short trip and long trips and usually go camping at leadt ten times a year. Never had any problems with anything in 3 years. I highly recommend this truck to people needing a reliable, good riding truck to tow a camper.

Favorite Features

Ride, quietness, room, load handling and tow capacity

Suggested Improvements

thicker carpeting on the XLT

Very Great Truck.
By FordLover1904

2007 Ford F-150 Lariat 4dr SuperCab Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

The 2007 F150 I have now owned for almost 3 years is one GREAT truck. They are QUIET, the ride is plush and not harsh, and for a 5.4 L V8 they get pretty good mileage. On long drives I have gotten 21mpg and that's actually calculated not the computer readout. On average, I get 16 mpg with a combination of city and highway driving. In almost 3 years of ownership, I have never had 1 single issue. The truck drives like the day I bought it. I almost traded it in recently for a Mercedes C230 (family car) but didn't because my truck rides better/softer and is quieter! Freeway speeds (70-75) are handled with EASE at 2,000RPM's all day with no downshifting to go up hill. (Tons of torque)

Favorite Features

The exterior design is Beautiful... great lines, high quality interior plastics (unlike Toyota!), good gas mileage (for a V8 Truck), NO ISSUES what so ever, soft ride quality, its Lexus quiet, transmission shifts smoothly, auto climate control and dimming rear mirror are a nice plus too!

Suggested Improvements

For this truck, NONE. I love this truck. Only thing I could think of is to see someone create a V8 that doesn't get the same mileage in 2010 that it did in 1965! ha ha. On a serious note, a light duty diesel would be great.

Love it but...
By Franky T

2007 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I bought out my lease 1/10 and am very happy with the truck. It's solid dependable and comfortable. Other than routine maintenance I have had problems with brakes, had to replace all rotors at 30K, my bad I should have checked the shoes when I had oil/tires rotated. I also have issues with the AC system, when I run heat through floor vents only a noticeable amount of air still comes from dash vents and defrost vents causing dry eyes on longer drives. I also have an intermittent grinding sound which seems to come from the front end as if 4WD was trying to engage, at nearly stop speed there's a clunk and its gone. Have not been able to find anything on the net about this.

Favorite Features

5.4 liter has plenty of power, comfortable, easy to drive. Tows very well, quiet for a truck, handles remarkably well for a pick-up!

Suggested Improvements

A/C venting could be more precise, if I set it to floor heat that's the only place it should exhaust. Gas mileage, but hey it's a big engine in a decent sized truck. Maybe Ford could use squealers on the brake pads, I know I should have checked but they could have saved me quite a bit of $.

GREAT TRUCK
By gab

2007 Ford F-150 Lariat 4dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I have owned several older Ford trucks and this truck has it all over them. I am especially happy with the ride quality and comfort features. I have had no mechanical problems. The truck feels very well built and heavy. My only complaint would be acceleration probably because of its overall weight. Gas mileage is around 15 mpg. Overall I highly recommend this truck.

Favorite Features

Ride comfort and build quality.

Suggested Improvements

Acceleration and fuel economy are developmental areas for ford.

Great all around vehicle
By fordgirl1976

2007 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

We bought this truck because we have four children and the 4 wheel drive SUV's we were considering had room for us but nothing else (groceries, strollers etc.). This is my daily driver...and I have no complaints. I think it is easier to drive and park than my previous car (Ford Fusion) was. I get 15 miles to a gallon but I don't really notice because the tank is so large I can go 2 weeks on a tank of gas. My husband also takes this truck off road and we tow a camper with it without any issues. It goes great in the snow and I never have to worry about getting stuck anywhere. The ground clearance on this truck is awesome and I have no complaint as to how high it sits...it is a TRUCK!!!

Favorite Features

Roomy cab that sits 6 of us comfortably. 5.4 Triton has plenty of power in any situation. Ride is smooth and not "bumpy" like other trucks I have been in. Simple knobs and controls that are easy to use while driving.

Suggested Improvements

The only thing I would suggest is more storage compartment and cup holders in the cab of the Supercrews, but I realize this is a truck and not a minivan so I can't even complain about that!!