Used 2007 Ford F-150 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Ford F-150

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

2007 Ford F150 SuperCrew
By Hagmedic

2007 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Truck has been 100% reliable. The 4.6 liter engine is great for day to day driving and average payloads and towing. Not good for towing above 5,000 pounds (except on level roads). Overall a great truck!

Favorite Features

The supercrew is great for additional passengers, groceries, etc. The truck just plain looks NICE!

Suggested Improvements

Better towing capability and fuel mileage, is that an oxymoron? Maybe the new engines that are coming out in 2011 will change this.

Never Again
By sorryiboughtit

2007 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Maybe there are others out there who have had similar problems and you can get back to me? Class action lawsuit?? Ford has continued to refuse to repair my 2007 f-150. The engine makes a raucous clicking noise that the service department from 2 different dealers and a ford "engineer" have not or will not identify. Ford has told me that this is as good as it gets. With the noise my truck makes I will never be able to sell it, even when I get the equity down to where it makes sense to sell it. My engine is a 5.4 liter 3 valve V-8. Don't but one of these trucks, you will be sorry and you will get in your truck every time you turn it on and say, "I hate this truck. We will never buy another ford

Favorite Features

If it weren't for the fact that my engine sounds so bad that it takes all the pleasure out of driving it, I might still love this truck. Ever since my truck started making loud clicking noises,(2 Years after I bought it.), all I can think of when I drive this truck is how much I hate the noise.

Suggested Improvements

Fix the problem with the 3 valve 5.4 V-8. The service department where I take my truck has told me that there have been many problems with these trucks and ford will not address these issues. As far as I know now though ford doesn't use the 3 valve engines anymore. It doesn't help me with mine.

Make sure you extend your warranty
By wnewman

2007 Ford F-150 FX2 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

After 100,000 warranty ends, the truck falls apart. With 102,000 miles I've replaced spark plugs $350, transmission $2500, alternator $175 on top of the payment I have over 5000.00 in maintenance this year truck is just falling apart with 113,000 miles, rotors again, spark plugs, throttle body, battery, alternator, transmission, differentials, Ford says they have no clue, that I tow too much, me or my truck has never towed a thing and I think they should have at least looked into the problems with this truck but since warranty is over, they want nothing to do with it, been a Ford man all my life, well, thats about to change, so extend your warranty or you'll be outta pocket a lot with this truck

Favorite Features

love the inside though, very nice

Suggested Improvements

don't put the fuel injection across the top of the spark plugs so it doesn't cost us $300 in labor to get our spark plugs changed

Great Truck
By aa

2007 Ford F-150 Lariat 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Great truck. 5.4 engine is great on gas.Only burns about 10 dollars more then my ford focus, per tank. Rides very smooth. Lots of power. you can't even feel when you go up a hill.

Favorite Features

overall great

2007 F150 XLT SUPERCAB (4.6L) 4X4
By Donnyboy

2007 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Bought as a lease back, has 126,000 km. Rides like a dream, smooth at all speeds. Ample room for adults or children. Actually came with a matching topper as a bonus. For our purposes the 4.6 L is plenty. If you're looking for a urban pickup truck this is the one.

Favorite Features

Seating, sound system, roomy interior. Handling. (previous vehicle was a GMC which drove like a truck, this F150 rides like a luxury car)

Suggested Improvements

Cup holders even with the sleeves intact do not hold a large coffee steady.