2007 Ford F-150 Consumer Reviews 2

2007 Ford F-150 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:
Never Again
By sorryiboughtit on 11/21/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2007 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Maybe there are others out there who have had similar problems and you can get back to me? Class action lawsuit?? Ford has continued to refuse to repair my 2007 f-150. The engine makes a raucous clicking noise that the service department from 2 different dealers and a ford "engineer" have not or will not identify. Ford has told me that this is as good as it gets. With the noise my truck makes I will never be able to sell it, even when I get the equity down to where it makes sense to sell it. My engine is a 5.4 liter 3 valve V-8. Don't but one of these trucks, you will be sorry and you will get in your truck every time you turn it on and say, "I hate this truck. We will never buy another ford

Make sure you extend your warranty
By wnewman on 09/19/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford F-150 FX2 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

After 100,000 warranty ends, the truck falls apart. With 102,000 miles I've replaced spark plugs $350, transmission $2500, alternator $175 on top of the payment I have over 5000.00 in maintenance this year truck is just falling apart with 113,000 miles, rotors again, spark plugs, throttle body, battery, alternator, transmission, differentials, Ford says they have no clue, that I tow too much, me or my truck has never towed a thing and I think they should have at least looked into the problems with this truck but since warranty is over, they want nothing to do with it, been a Ford man all my life, well, thats about to change, so extend your warranty or you'll be outta pocket a lot with this truck

Great Truck
By aa on 08/22/10 19:20 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford F-150 Lariat 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Great truck. 5.4 engine is great on gas.Only burns about 10 dollars more then my ford focus, per tank. Rides very smooth. Lots of power. you can't even feel when you go up a hill.

2007 F150 XLT SUPERCAB (4.6L) 4X4
By Donnyboy on 06/21/10 23:29 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Bought as a lease back, has 126,000 km. Rides like a dream, smooth at all speeds. Ample room for adults or children. Actually came with a matching topper as a bonus. For our purposes the 4.6 L is plenty. If you're looking for a urban pickup truck this is the one.

Good but way overpriced
By Working Stiff on 05/15/10 08:23 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford F-150 Lariat 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Overall I think this is a good vehicle, good dealer service etc, but way over priced for what you get for 50k. The heated seats took 10 minutes to warm up and only when you sat in them, note:Chev and BMW roasted my seat in under 5 mins. The heat controls didnt switch properly. The air intake cover never stayed down. The brake rotors were grooved by 20k- w/o towing anything. The sunroof/air hummed major when opened all the way. Mileage is bad.. best ever was 18- when babied.. the trip comp was very optimistic. Really, other than the high cost of fuel, it looks great (20" rims)and was enjoyable to drive and handles our winter climate/pothole infested roads well. Nicely styled and classy too.

Towing that Trailer
By Trailer Towing on 04/11/10 19:56 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCab Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

We are serious campers. We tow a 30 foot, 8000 pound 5th. wheel camper behind our F150, with the 5.4 engine. I does a great job and we still get 10 m.p.g. out of it. We have taken short trip and long trips and usually go camping at leadt ten times a year. Never had any problems with anything in 3 years. I highly recommend this truck to people needing a reliable, good riding truck to tow a camper.

Very Great Truck.
By FordLover1904 on 03/04/10 14:29 PM (PST)

2007 Ford F-150 Lariat 4dr SuperCab Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

The 2007 F150 I have now owned for almost 3 years is one GREAT truck. They are QUIET, the ride is plush and not harsh, and for a 5.4 L V8 they get pretty good mileage. On long drives I have gotten 21mpg and that's actually calculated not the computer readout. On average, I get 16 mpg with a combination of city and highway driving. In almost 3 years of ownership, I have never had 1 single issue. The truck drives like the day I bought it. I almost traded it in recently for a Mercedes C230 (family car) but didn't because my truck rides better/softer and is quieter! Freeway speeds (70-75) are handled with EASE at 2,000RPM's all day with no downshifting to go up hill. (Tons of torque)

Love it but...
By Franky T on 02/19/10 05:42 AM (PST)

2007 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I bought out my lease 1/10 and am very happy with the truck. It's solid dependable and comfortable. Other than routine maintenance I have had problems with brakes, had to replace all rotors at 30K, my bad I should have checked the shoes when I had oil/tires rotated. I also have issues with the AC system, when I run heat through floor vents only a noticeable amount of air still comes from dash vents and defrost vents causing dry eyes on longer drives. I also have an intermittent grinding sound which seems to come from the front end as if 4WD was trying to engage, at nearly stop speed there's a clunk and its gone. Have not been able to find anything on the net about this.

GREAT TRUCK
By gab on 02/07/10 11:04 AM (PST)

2007 Ford F-150 Lariat 4dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I have owned several older Ford trucks and this truck has it all over them. I am especially happy with the ride quality and comfort features. I have had no mechanical problems. The truck feels very well built and heavy. My only complaint would be acceleration probably because of its overall weight. Gas mileage is around 15 mpg. Overall I highly recommend this truck.

Great all around vehicle
By fordgirl1976 on 02/03/10 20:09 PM (PST)

2007 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

We bought this truck because we have four children and the 4 wheel drive SUV's we were considering had room for us but nothing else (groceries, strollers etc.). This is my daily driver...and I have no complaints. I think it is easier to drive and park than my previous car (Ford Fusion) was. I get 15 miles to a gallon but I don't really notice because the tank is so large I can go 2 weeks on a tank of gas. My husband also takes this truck off road and we tow a camper with it without any issues. It goes great in the snow and I never have to worry about getting stuck anywhere. The ground clearance on this truck is awesome and I have no complaint as to how high it sits...it is a TRUCK!!!