Used 2007 Ford F-150 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

Most Helpful|
GReAT
By Franck

2007 Ford F-150 XL 2dr Regular Cab Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.2L 6cyl 5M)

Bought this truck used with 30,000 miles and am now at 47,000 within 8 months of owning it. So far,not one thing has broke, extremely reliable! And, i get better gas mileage than any v6 ranger owner i talk to. I was shopping for a Ranger when i bought this truck , and I'm sooo glad i did. It's a bit underpowered, but do you expect, its a v6.

Favorite Features

Reliability. Space behind seats. (was able to fit the 12" sub and box from my car there without modifying it!) And great gas mileage for a half ton truck (avg 19-21 mpg)

Suggested Improvements

Offer manual transmission in the v8 option! The only reason i bought this truck was for the manual transmission, If Ford would sell a 5.4 4x4 manual transmission F-150, I'd have it!

Recall Time For Ford Again
By joe

2007 Ford F-150 STX 2dr Regular Cab 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I have a 2007 ford f150 Stx 4.6L. At idle it shakes so bad I had to put a pillow behind my back. Several times it even stalled. Ford said all these trucks do this. It is a natural characteristic of the truck to run rough. I say it is time to recall and fix the design flaw these trucks have.

Suggested Improvements

Redesign the engines so they don't shake and for ford to admitt to their mistakes

so far so good
By vinnie

2007 Ford F-150 XL 2dr Regular Cab Styleside 8 ft. LB (4.2L 6cyl 5M)

no problems so far just wish i had gotten xlt model for the better seats xl vinyl seats seem to sit too low to floor and slide off at times

Love It!!! Even the "Normal" Squeal!
By Bridger

2007 Ford F-150 XL 2dr Regular Cab Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.2L 6cyl 5M)

We love this truck, its the best truck we have ever owned... Bought it with 2 miles on it and have loved every mile we have put on it.. With the exception of when it was in every ford dealer in the state of Arkansas for the a/c squeal... The one that we were told was "Normal" by all the ford people.. I dont see an a/c screaming when its on to be normal.. and a body plug fell out Odd I think but overall its been a great truck! Especially when you spray liquid wrench on the compressor to make it stop squealing!!!

Favorite Features

5 speed transmission, Outside and Inside is HOT lookin, Handles great, Fun to drive, Overall best truck ever made!

Suggested Improvements

Include a can of liquid wrench or WD40 with every purchase to spray to stop the a/c from squealing.. Remove the clutter collector from the dash and move the window cranks up, so they dont wack whats in the door panel everytime you roll the window up or down.

My F-150
By robert sanders

2007 Ford F-150 XL 2dr Regular Cab 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Bought the vehicle on 22 May 07 with 81 miles on the odometer. Left for Wash D.C. on the 26th to attend the event at 'Rolling Thunder" memorial. Disappointed with the fuel economy and the black soot at the exhaust pipe. Vehicle drives well but is underpowered on some of the taller hills on Interstate 40. Thinking the pickup is too heavy for a V6 engine.

Favorite Features

Seats are outstanding. Really do like the fold out doors. Everything else is perfect as most all Fords are.

Suggested Improvements

Fine tune the engine for better fuel economy and performance.