Used 2007 Ford F-150 FX4 SuperCrew Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Ford F-150 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

Shame on me
By Lorne

2007 Ford F-150 SuperCrew FX4 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Just purchased my 2nd F150. Told myself I wasn't going to buy another Ford truck again.I was tricked by the interior and exterior design and style of the truck, far superior to any of the others. My problem is with the way the truck shifts. The 4 speed auto feels lazy and sluggish when shifting. Also, the rear end clunks when the tranny downshifts when accelerating from a lower speed.(same as my 1999 F150). With the O/D off it doesnt make the noise?? I also can feel the windshield wiper vibrations through the brake and gas pedals. Very annoying. There is minor idle vibration as well. I would not have purchased this truck if I had noticed these issues during my lengthy 10 minute test drive.

Favorite Features

Everything with exception to the above mentioned. The ride, handling and overall feel and look of the truck is great. Especially the stereo since it was the only thing I listened to on my test drive

Suggested Improvements

Transmission! More power, resolve idle vibration and wiper vibration through the pedals

Big Upgrade
By Ford for Life

I recently bought a new Ford F-150 after owning a 2001 F-150. Ford has really upgraded this truck in terms of design and comfort. It is less tippy than the older model and the cab noise is virtually non-existent. I am also glad I bought the FX4 model with the larger tires and better suspension. I love this truck!

Favorite Features

Sirius radio, improved stability, interior design, improved easiness of tailgate function, skidplates, suspension, crew cab room, sound system

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage

King of Trucks
By Ivan Gutierrez

This is a real man's truck. It will take whatever you throw at it and more. The towing and payload is remarkable. Combine that with a powerful triton V-8 and you have a truck that won't hold back. The build is solid and the fuel economy is not so bad.

Favorite Features

The exterior body work is remarkable. Even with the new trucks emerging, it still manages to look new and refreshed

Suggested Improvements

4-speed auto is from the dark ages, needs new 6-speed auto.