2007 Ford F-150 SuperCab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:
Bad Ford Design
By spedie on 08/09/14 14:08 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford F-150 SuperCab XL 4dr SuperCab Styleside 8 ft. LB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this truck used in May 2013 with 95K on it, one previous owner. Truck now has 100,3xx on it. I took it to the dealers for the 2 part spark plug problem of which 3 of the 8 broke off. Cost: $674. Then shortly after was pulling away from a stop light. The center bearing went. Found out shortly that truck has "disposable drive shaft" and center bearing cannot be replaced. Cost: $1400. Picked up truck from that repair, only to find out that left front wheel bearing is now bad. Estimated cost will be over $400 IF the rotor is not damaged. I have had truck only 15 months, drove only 5K miles with it. Good maintenance records from 1st owner. BAD truck with a bad design. Don't buy one.

Ford F150 2007 110,000 mile owner
By mnfordf150 on 05/31/13 12:34 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford F-150 SuperCab STX 4dr SuperCab 4WD Flareside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Overall the truck has been a good buy. I have the SXT model and the power is sufficent for pulling trailers of wood or boats, etc. I have the rubber floor and the roll down windows with a cloth interior. Only extras are the AC and the cruise control.

May be dangerous
By nomorefords43 on 06/16/12 19:22 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford F-150 SuperCab Lariat 4dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Overall, I am not happy with my purchase. I bought my 2007 Lariat new in 2007. My CDs all got stuck in the 6 Cd changer and had to replace the stereo and then it did it shortly after. I use my Ipod and dont use the CD at all. Then the accelerater got stuck and lucky i was just taking off, i breaked and it RPMs reved up that i turned it off. Started and it was fine. When i took it in they said maybe i was accelerating at the same time i breaked. So i let it go but it happened again and now i am scared that it will happen when im at a speed of 100km. Replace breakpads twice, rotars, fuel pump, and now it is losing power, cuts out and shakes so taking it in again. All of this under 120,000km.

Problems
By 2007ford on 10/14/11 10:30 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford F-150 SuperCab XLT 4dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this truck 4 years ago and I had only one problem and the dealership doesn't hear it. When I start from a cold start not everytime but most of the time the truck hesitates, makes a clicking noise and then a loud pop. After that it takes off and won't do it again the rest of the day. The popping sounds like it is coming from the hubs but with the hesitaten I wonder if it is the motor or transmission but they can't get it to do it so they won't break nothing down to check it any suggestions.

4x4 Issue
By gadgetone on 06/17/11 10:29 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford F-150 SuperCab XLT 4dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside 8 ft. LB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this truck new.Have only had 2 issues.Brakes needed replaced at only 28,000 miles.Big issue is a loud noise from front left tire that sounds like metal pieces bouncing around a metal drum.Only did it twice.By the time i stop it goes away.Checking into it online i find alot of people with same problem.Mine is getting fixed as i write this.Its the 4x4 system, the vacume line blows and the gears partially connect but it does not happen constantly.Most people think its the brakes.I am totally happy with my truck but am surprised theres so many people out there with this problem.I am at 30,000 miles now.

Four Years and all is Well!
By alby144 on 03/19/11 10:46 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford F-150 SuperCab Lariat 4dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I have close to 45,000 miles now and still love this truck! I have had one warranty repair, to replace a window switch but other than that no problems. It is without a doubt the nicest truck that I have ever owned. I know somebody with an Escalade; my truck's interior is nicer in fit & finish, they are equipped nearly the same and my truck cost $40,000 less! On top of that they had about 15 items to repair at their last service! I've read about sluggish performance from the F-150, but have not found this to be so. Nor have I had issues with my brakes; at 45,000 miles I've got about 50% of my brake life left and 25% of my tread life left on my tires.

Never Again
By sorryiboughtit on 11/21/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2007 Ford F-150 SuperCab XLT 4dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Maybe there are others out there who have had similar problems and you can get back to me? Class action lawsuit?? Ford has continued to refuse to repair my 2007 f-150. The engine makes a raucous clicking noise that the service department from 2 different dealers and a ford "engineer" have not or will not identify. Ford has told me that this is as good as it gets. With the noise my truck makes I will never be able to sell it, even when I get the equity down to where it makes sense to sell it. My engine is a 5.4 liter 3 valve V-8. Don't but one of these trucks, you will be sorry and you will get in your truck every time you turn it on and say, "I hate this truck. We will never buy another ford

2007 F150 XLT SUPERCAB (4.6L) 4X4
By Donnyboy on 06/21/10 23:29 PM (PDT)

Bought as a lease back, has 126,000 km. Rides like a dream, smooth at all speeds. Ample room for adults or children. Actually came with a matching topper as a bonus. For our purposes the 4.6 L is plenty. If you're looking for a urban pickup truck this is the one.

Towing that Trailer
By Trailer Towing on 04/11/10 19:56 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford F-150 SuperCab XLT 4dr SuperCab Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

We are serious campers. We tow a 30 foot, 8000 pound 5th. wheel camper behind our F150, with the 5.4 engine. I does a great job and we still get 10 m.p.g. out of it. We have taken short trip and long trips and usually go camping at leadt ten times a year. Never had any problems with anything in 3 years. I highly recommend this truck to people needing a reliable, good riding truck to tow a camper.

Very Great Truck.
By FordLover1904 on 03/04/10 14:29 PM (PST)

2007 Ford F-150 SuperCab Lariat 4dr SuperCab Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

The 2007 F150 I have now owned for almost 3 years is one GREAT truck. They are QUIET, the ride is plush and not harsh, and for a 5.4 L V8 they get pretty good mileage. On long drives I have gotten 21mpg and that's actually calculated not the computer readout. On average, I get 16 mpg with a combination of city and highway driving. In almost 3 years of ownership, I have never had 1 single issue. The truck drives like the day I bought it. I almost traded it in recently for a Mercedes C230 (family car) but didn't because my truck rides better/softer and is quieter! Freeway speeds (70-75) are handled with EASE at 2,000RPM's all day with no downshifting to go up hill. (Tons of torque)

1 2 3 4 5 next »

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.