Used 2007 Ford F-150 XLT Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Ford F-150

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

Love it but...
By Franky T

2007 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I bought out my lease 1/10 and am very happy with the truck. It's solid dependable and comfortable. Other than routine maintenance I have had problems with brakes, had to replace all rotors at 30K, my bad I should have checked the shoes when I had oil/tires rotated. I also have issues with the AC system, when I run heat through floor vents only a noticeable amount of air still comes from dash vents and defrost vents causing dry eyes on longer drives. I also have an intermittent grinding sound which seems to come from the front end as if 4WD was trying to engage, at nearly stop speed there's a clunk and its gone. Have not been able to find anything on the net about this.

Favorite Features

5.4 liter has plenty of power, comfortable, easy to drive. Tows very well, quiet for a truck, handles remarkably well for a pick-up!

Suggested Improvements

A/C venting could be more precise, if I set it to floor heat that's the only place it should exhaust. Gas mileage, but hey it's a big engine in a decent sized truck. Maybe Ford could use squealers on the brake pads, I know I should have checked but they could have saved me quite a bit of $.

Texas Edition - Excellent Value
By jbm_TX

2007 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

A fantastic truck, value-for-money. I looked at Dodge, Nissan, and Toyota. The Ford F150 is a real truck and it rides like a luxury car thanks to the recent changes in shock positioning. I switched from Ford to Nissan and now I am back in a Ford to stay.

Favorite Features

The drive and handling is exceptional and the interior comfort is even better. In addition to good looks and a comfortable drive, the interior road noise is virtually non-existent.

Suggested Improvements

I wish that Ford Motor Company offered a better warranty.