Used 2007 Ford F-150 Consumer Reviews - 110 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Ford F-150

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

Old girls name is Pearl
By Brian O'Neal

2007 Ford F-150 Lariat 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Bought her at 130k miles. Now has 233k miles.
I put Mobil 1 synerthic in every 5k miles.
Great truck !!

Imagine That
By beltbuckle2003

2007 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCab Styleside 8 ft. LB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this vehicle from Tinker AFB Okc, Okl...thru a dealer in Cheney,Kansas, it had 22,500 miles on it ( 09-25-2014). The bed inside the truck was beat up by dry- wallers, so I put a liner in and it looks new now, (and a Toneau cover). Was sad to hear about the cam phasers after I bought it. So, I kept it in hopes I can trade it off when the truck gets 65,000 miles on it...another 2 years probably, ( 39,250 miles now). The gas mileage is around 15-19 .not bad for the 5.4 . everything works great, and I guess, by all the bad reviews I have a 1 in a million truck that is OK...have more problems with the dealer..in the oil changes, and tire rotation, than anything. I rotate the tires ( LT275R70-17- Firestone- 10 ply) every other oil change, 4,000 miles....fyi...Federal Electrical Inspector-Kingman, Kansas...

worst truck I have ever owned.
By voeter01

2007 Ford F-150 STX 4dr SuperCab Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

When I bought this truck it was three years old and had 52000 miles on it. Sense I bought this truck I have had to have the intake manifold replaced it cracked and leaked water all over the engine,shorting out the spark plugs. The alternator burned out. The starter motor went bad.The rubber seal around the windshield has started falling apart and leaking. The interior is falling apart. The instrument panel cluster has gone bad, which I have not had fixed because of the cost. When I bought this truck I considered Ford as the best truck built. Now I would never buy another one! The truck now has 108000 miles on it. Ford has refused to acknowledge they have had any problems.

Nickle and dimes you to bankruptcy!
By Scott Sells

2007 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCab Styleside 8 ft. LB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

This is probably one of the worst trucks ever made. I can't believe people have honestly rated it this high (I suspect Ford had a hand in this).

Luckily I got this used after the spark plug problem. Cam phasers went at about 200kms, $2000+ to fix. $1700+ to replace the garbage driveshaft. Constantly replacing the tie rod ends and ball joints (again poor design by Ford - Not "Ford tough").

The truck is enjoyable to drive, but it is a money pit, and as a Ford lover it is a HUGE let down.

It will be a long time before I could ever consider buying a Ford again. They made a garbage truck and refused to stand behind it. I'll be looking for a Toyota or Honda next. Anything but Ford.

My favorite feature is the 300 or 400 kms I get to drive it before it needs major repairs again.

What are "Cam phasers" anyway? Stop making them, stop putting them in trucks. Use quality parts, not the throw away cheap garbage Ford uses. Make the truck easier/cheaper to work on. $1000 brake job? $2000 cam phasers? etc etc etc. Owning this truck will nickel and dime you to death.

Ford F150 Lariat
By slim1950

2007 Ford F-150 Lariat 4dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Bought my truck new, have over 120,000 on it. Have had every oil change done with Joe Machens in Columbia MO. Have not had any problems with my truck at all. It is a great truck.

Comfortable leather heated seats, pull travel trailer with ease.